Houston G Club ( Shirt Ideas and events )

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 04:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Houston G Club ( Shirt Ideas and events )

I can't post this in our sub forum group yet cuz were still waiting on the admins and mods to approve. But this thread is to get a list of ideas for the Houston G club shirt design. Please brain storm away and just post the ideas. I believe aaron will do the design but if ppl want to post up their designs give it a go. All Ideas are welcomed but please keep in mind that the shirts will be white with whatever designs. White shirts just tend to show details better. Also I want to get a idea of how many ppl want to do an event schedule. By that i mean next meet I Believe will be the 1st sunday of September i want some ppl from different areas to give me some locations and that once I call some locations and see if they'll give us a mini discount or just a good spot to chill ima post a schedule of where and when to meet for the rest of the year. That way no more random hey lets do it at here. Also I want to move the locations around H-town so ppl dont feel like G's are only meant for this side or that side of Houston. I want it to be fair even for u Jeremy hahaha since u live all the way in baytown. BUT ya gotta give me some good locations to go to and I'm also thinking that each location will end up being at some type of restaraunt or food place with each month being a diff type of food so we get a good variety in there. Example: one month pizza then italian then sub sandwiches etc.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Town center in Kingwood (northeast Houston) is a great place to hold a meet, and there are 5 different restaurants to eat at. Just and idea, but they hold car shows there all the time.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm cool with any where. As far as shirts I vote my car should be the design!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:15 PM
As far as shirt ideas, I mentioned before that I really love the one I got from the SFL G Club. I don't want to copy their design exactly, that would be pretty weak, but I do think it's great.

Both generations of G and both coupe and sedan represented. Simple design, not too busy. Realistic renderings of the G and not cartoonish.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No drew, we want them to look cool.....bwahahaha

Im not sure how my comment about how I cant imagine the design got me volunteered as the shirt designer...but I'll put somethin together later this week I suppose.

I like that design alot, somethin similar would be could, but def not the same.

Oh and the portifino shopping center in The Woodlands is a great place to have meets in North Houston. Theres several restaurants there, including Hooters, and tons of parking.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by TXaaron3232
No drew, we want them to look cool.....bwahahaha
PWNED!

In regards to the shirt I like that design but certainly not exactly like it..

I'm speaking to Ken -(Kweezy, nyckid) he's thinking of the design for the logo for the cards and stickers. He's trying to help out as much as possible b/c he's hammered due to work.

I like having the meets in different places as well. When are we going to start doing this? After the September meet? Reason I ask is I will take responsibility for posting up the meet times every month and I want to give enough time for people to sign up and post there name. I want to go for more attendance each meet. I will post the next meet details by end of the week.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:25 PM
ahhhh ****'s looking good. the next meet i'll bring my clippy board and some of the stuff i pulled from yelp. once we get votes ima start an event schedule. and 2morrow ima prob go to the shirt place and see what's the deal. All in All i believe when i got a quote its going to be around 10-15$ a shirt. just a heads up. As in font for the top of the words should it just say Strictly G Club? cuz damn we sound like a buncha cocky *** bastards LOL

Old 08-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
The name is Strictly G's. Leave "Club" out of there it makes it sound funny.

Alex get with me on the event schedule so that way I know what to post up. I think for September's meet let's meet in Uptown Park again (since it's central) and this time gather everybody around and have this discussion so we can get a proper vote. Since we all forgot about it last time

Old 08-04-2009, 04:19 PM
yea last time it was more of hi and bye LoL. this time i'll get it more organized and bring my cool *** sexy note pad and all =D

Old 08-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was thinking of maybe having a cruise next meet? mini cruise to a restaurant or somethin??? i noticed a lot of people got kinda tired and bored and started leaving after a while lol i mean you can only stand in a parking lot for so long... just my .02 cents

Old 08-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
That's a good idea actually. We planned to do that last meet but Jeremy was hooking up the cars and I think I over heard some of them had plans but yes definitely for next meet!

Old 08-04-2009, 04:44 PM
o ya and aaron LoL i thought u said u wanted to do the designs? if not i'll just drop by a t-shirt place and see whats the deal and see if they can rough me up a design

Old 08-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I think the look of the shirts are cool. Something like that would be cool. I like the cause it reps all G models. A mini cruise sounds cool

Old 08-05-2009, 04:06 AM
i got yo back fernandoooooo im on the even schedule. i just need some .02 cents from ppl at diff locations. I wanna set the schedule as Meet here then Eat or drink. preferably both. But i still need some ideas and locations. I'm trying to space it out in all of Houston. But ya gotta remember we won't come to your side if ur not telling me to set a place there!! If your off thursday fernando ima prob drop by and ask u to help me set the event schedule

Old 08-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Illustrations are my achilles heels, but i'm giving it a shot. A couple of things to note:

- Although having the cars on the design seems nifty, there are too many variations (both generations, to date, have had different bumpers, not to mention the coupe convertible and the soon-to-be-redesigned fascias of the 2010... then there's the 3rd generations). I included it here, but also designed it in such a way that the piece will stand even without the cars. I'm going for a long shelf-life with this approach.

- Also included is a logotype mark, "SG", for when the need calls for it. I have it here as a background watermark effect.

- The "G" is purposely colored red, mainly to keep it from reading "GS" (Lexus), but also to bring out the "G".

- I had trouble finding a good angle for the 1st gen sedan, so it looks off here.

- This is a one-sided, two-color design, to keep costs down.

- Consider this a rough draft a.k.a proof of concept.

- Lastly, included is "Greater Houston Area" -- this is optional, but it is a great way to future-proof the overall layout.

That said, comments and criticisms are gladly appreciated.

- Mike

Attached Thumbnails Houston G Club ( Shirt Ideas and events )-g.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Houston G Club ( Shirt Ideas and events )