The Richie Front Strut Bar Group Buy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-

Originally Posted by richie
I would love to make more parts for our cars. Its just a matter of finding or making a part that will meet the demands of the consumers. In addition, making the product so that it is affordable to everyone. I am definitely keeping both my eyes and ears open to potential products. I do have some carbon fiber products lined up. I just need to finalize a couple of items.

If you want a big seller, make a 5/16 MD spacer replica.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ma_sha1
that would **** a few ppl off

Old 02-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Banned
dayum... 50 ppl x $225 = $11,250

Old 02-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Heres a link to a good article that explains why using alum for the bar is not optimum:

But hey...these are $225.00 not $700.00 - $1000.00! And by just bolting the ss plate to the top of the shock tower, it should help stiffen things up some.

http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merc...&Category_Code

Last edited by Brando; 02-17-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Thumbs up

Competition is a good thing. Wish others would start doing what Richie is doing, I've been wanting a strutbar like how the 350z's come stock with but didn't want to pay the super high dollar price tag. This is a great compromise...i'm gonna order mine =) *Big Thumbs Up*

Old 02-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jasonlee4180
Competition is a good thing. Wish others would start doing what Richie is doing, I've been wanting a strutbar like how the 350z's come stock with but didn't want to pay the super high dollar price tag. This is a great compromise...i'm gonna order mine =) *Big Thumbs Up*

I'm going to have to second that. It's thanks to people like Richie that help keep things cost effective and having a large enough supply to go around for all that want their products.

It's another thing that Richie has actually gone through with the group buy seeing as other's in the past have led us on and then pulled out once we got enough people for it. E.G. the old group buy for the nismo rear diffuser's from that EBay guy. ps.. that guy is a pr!ck. pss thanks RAVSPEC for your diffusers on order!!

Old 02-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
richie i sent payment today

Old 02-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by godmans
Just got the bar installed; took me quite a bit of time since I took my time and made sure that nothing rubs. Interestingly, on my 04 sedan, my driver side strut tower brace clears both the ABS and A/C line without a problem.

However, on the passenger side, it is another story, the ABS line basically has only less than 5 mm of clearance from the struct tower. Thus, it is rubbing the strut tower brace of the bar...

I think the problem that I have might be a 04 sedan issue or it is just that my car is assembled that way since I have never heard of the probelm of rubbing on the passenger side for other sedans....

Test drive: All in all, I can feel the difference in cornering and especially over bumps. I would say this is one of the best bang of the buck mods.

Fit my 04' sedan with no rubbing problems.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Instaled my today. Fit and finish was great. Install was easy. Driving impressions. Off the bat the car felt stiffer. I didn't get on the car b/c of weather.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
Fit my 04' sedan with no rubbing problems.
I think it might be just my car since the ABS line on my passenger side has very little clearance from the strut tower itself...

Yet, since it is a steel line that is mounted at various points, all I had to do is to "pad" the strut tower brace to make sure that the metal don't rub against each other - No biggie

Old 02-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by delray
Full Payment Sent!
Payment received and will be shipping out Tuesday.

Originally Posted by ma_sha1
There are several vendors that make spacers already, plus the spacers out there aren't priced like "ARC". I don't think there is a great demand for a spacer replica. The ones out are not too expensive and are quality products.

Originally Posted by filanj
dayum... 50 ppl

I'm going to have to second that. It's thanks to people like Richie that help keep things cost effective and having a large enough supply to go around for all that want their products.

It's another thing that Richie has actually gone through with the group buy seeing as other's in the past have led us on and then pulled out once we got enough people for it
If you think about it, 50 is not much. I try and think of it like the ztube - how many Gs out there you think have ztubes? Or even spacers/mrev? Those products are hot, basically everyone on the boards have them....kind of like the 1st mod everyone does -> ztube/k&n.

I'm glad that you are happy/satisfied with your purchase filanj. Aside from providing the G35 members a decent/affordable product, I also aim in giving you guys the best customer service possible. I'm not just here to sell the strut bars but I want to build strong rapport with the rest of the G35 community as a vendor.

Originally Posted by redjapan
richie i sent payment today
Payment received and will be shipping out Tuesday.

Originally Posted by JusG35c
Instaled my today. Fit and finish was great. Install was easy. Driving impressions. Off the bat the car felt stiffer. I didn't get on the car b/c of weather.
Good to hear JusG35c. Try and notice how the car feels when you go over those lane bumps on the freeway. STB should help lessen those rattles when going over little bumps.

Originally Posted by godmans
Yet, since it is a steel line that is mounted at various points, all I had to do is to "pad" the strut tower brace to make sure that the metal don't rub against each other - No biggie
Can you post a pic of what you did to "pad" the ABS line? What material did you use? I'm sure other sedaners would like to see. Thanks godmans!

Old 02-18-2007, 02:59 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi Richie,

I received the strut bar on Thursday. Not quite sure why it took an extra day to get to San Jose. jiggafree got his a day earlier than I did, and he doesn't live that far away from me. Thanks for the quick response to my PM and checking on the shipment status when I inquired about it.

Now onto the review...

I basically have a bone stock 05 6MT coupe. Prior to Richie's STB, Stillen Sways (set to med/med) that I purchased from Disco_Monkey (Chris) and a z-tube were my only mods. The sways made a big difference in the way the car handled, and based on other peoples' comments that I researched prior to receiving my STB, I had come to expect that the STB wouldn't make as big as a difference as the sways did; I was not sure how noticeable it would be, so I was not expecting too much of a difference by adding a STB.

When I received the bar, I immediately removed the center bar from the mounts and tried to flex it. I was disappointed when I could flex it with relatively little force when the middle section was pushed against my knee. I kept in mind Richie's comments about how the bar was not designed to take force in that direction, and just went ahead and installed the bar. The installation was a breeze. One thing I would recommend though is to mention the torque specs for each nut in the instructions (torque for the nuts that tie the center bar to the mounts is not published, and should be) so that it's more convenient to reference.

After the install, I went for a test drive. Let me emphasize again that I wasn't expecting much of a difference. However, I immediately noticed that the steering was more sensitive/responsive, the car felt much more planted when taking on/off ramps, and going over bumps felt much less jarring. The difference the STB made wasn't huge, but it was very noticeable and welcome.

In the end, I feel that it's definitely worth the money at the GB price, and is the 2nd best bang for the buck mod after sway bars. I think the difference you feel depends on what kind of suspension setup you have when you add the STB. Coming from a near stock setup, I felt that the STB made a very noticeable difference in the way the car handles.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:18 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chiapet15
Hi Richie,
In the end, I feel that it's definitely worth the money at the GB price, and is the 2nd best bang for the buck mod after sway bars. I think the difference you feel depends on what kind of suspension setup you have when you add the STB. Coming from a near stock setup, I felt that the STB made a very noticeable difference in the way the car handles.
Thanks for the quick review Daniel ! Sorry that it took a little long for the shipment to get there - I don't want to blame USPS (pointing my finger at the postman), but I dropped off the shipment the day after you made the paypal payment.

Glad you are satisfied with the purchase. Another happy customer =)

Last edited by richie; 02-18-2007 at 03:25 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chiapet15
I think the difference you feel depends on what kind of suspension setup you have when you add the STB. Coming from a near stock setup, I felt that the STB made a very noticeable difference in the way the car handles.

That is prob the most accurate statement I have seen yet. Very true.

As for the ABS lines, they are flexible....just GENTLY take a screwdriver and bend them out a little to gain additional clearance for the brackets.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Money sent. Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Richie Front Strut Bar Group Buy!