TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

06 G35 COUPE Headlight recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
no, the color you see from other cars is due to color in their cutoff, this does not occur on the G because of the use of a fresnel lense which blurs the cutoff resulting in no color. The only way to get color like that is to swap the lense for a clear one such as from a tsx projector and mod the shield, or fit a different projector in there. "colorshifting" refers to the actual color emitted onto the road, and on older bulbs(85122), the color becomes bluer over time as more hours are put on the bulb and it begins to die. 85122+ bulbs have an additive that resists this colorshift, and the bulb holds its original color much longer and puts out more light over its lifetime.
Interesting... Why is that that when they first start up they are extremely purple and then when they heat up for about a minute or so... they change to white?

Also are you suggesting that before the recall I had 85122 bulbs installed? Or that the older headlight assembly may have had a slighly more clear projector lense?

Would you suggest doing a mod like that? Have you done this on your G?

Old 05-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lbrathwaite
Interesting... Why is that that when they first start up they are extremely purple and then when they heat up for about a minute or so... they change to white?

Also are you suggesting that before the recall I had 85122 bulbs installed? Or that the older headlight assembly may have had a slighly more clear projector lense?

Would you suggest doing a mod like that? Have you done this on your G?
They change colors because the gas inside the bulb needs to heat up to reach operating temps. I can't be sure what bulbs you had before, but my guess is that they may have been 85122, or just slightly colorshifted 85122+ bulbs. Mine have always been yellowish white, and even after the recall they were about the same color. I've done the color mod that IvoryGT developed, and I get the flicker you see from other cars. This was on a spare set of projectors however, and not on the car yet. My output looks something like this when modded at 25ft.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
They change colors because the gas inside the bulb needs to heat up to reach operating temps. I can't be sure what bulbs you had before, but my guess is that they may have been 85122, or just slightly colorshifted 85122+ bulbs. Mine have always been yellowish white, and even after the recall they were about the same color. I've done the color mod that IvoryGT developed, and I get the flicker you see from other cars. This was on a spare set of projectors however, and not on the car yet. My output looks something like this when modded at 25ft.

Nice... the output looks amazing... That color mod is sick! So I guess your basically saying that I should be happy with what I have and stop complaining... LOL!!! So the headlamp assembly we have in the 06's are BI-Xenon correct? the older model G's had halogen high beems?

Is there an instruction guide for replacing the head light bulbs and removing the parking lights inside the headlamp assembly?

Old 06-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Read this post for some tips on replacing the head ligth bulbs yourself.

https://g35driver.com/forums/lighting/134414-diy-s-replacing-low-beam-clearance-strip-bulbs.html

Originally Posted by lbrathwaite
Is there an instruction guide for replacing the head light bulbs and removing the parking lights inside the headlamp assembly?

Old 06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Does anyone know if the pre-06 coupe ballasts can be used with 06 projectors?

Old 06-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I have this same issue -- the lights don't seem to light much ahead on the road at all, it seems like it is not near enough.

I'm considering adjusting them up but I don't want to screw it up.. obviously I can't ask the dealer to do it since they are the ones who made it this way to begin with.

Originally Posted by evolver
I had my headlights replaced last week but I'm afraid they messed up the aiming. The road is lit only about two car lengths at low-beams. I don't find it comfortable and safe because even at 40 mph it gives me less than 1 second to react.

How far should the lighted spot go from the car at low-beams?

Old 06-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mal_TX
I have this same issue -- the lights don't seem to light much ahead on the road at all, it seems like it is not near enough.

I'm considering adjusting them up but I don't want to screw it up.. obviously I can't ask the dealer to do it since they are the ones who made it this way to begin with.
Aim them yourself with my DIY https://g35driver.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting-diy/160947-diy-how-properly-aim-06-coupe-projectors.html

Old 06-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by rcdash
Does anyone know if the pre-06 coupe ballasts can be used with 06 projectors?
YES