TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

06 G35 COUPE Headlight recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Headlight recall before/after pics

Hi everyone,

I got the 06-07 G35 Coupe headlight recall notice last Monday. I am scheduled to take it in this Friday. I am going to take a before and after picture at night so you'll be able to see the difference if there is any.

Here are the before pics for the OEM 06 G35 coupe: Low beam and High beam

Attached Thumbnails 06 G35 COUPE Headlight recall-picture-001.jpg   06 G35 COUPE Headlight recall-picture-002.jpg   06 G35 COUPE Headlight recall-picture-028.jpg   06 G35 COUPE Headlight recall-picture-029.jpg  

Last edited by CCG35; 05-07-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Question Update

Heres the after pics...

Attached Thumbnails 06 G35 COUPE Headlight recall-dscn0038.jpg   06 G35 COUPE Headlight recall-dscn0039.jpg   06 G35 COUPE Headlight recall-dscn0035.jpg   06 G35 COUPE Headlight recall-dscn0036.jpg  

Last edited by CCG35; 10-19-2007 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:46 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nothing you can do really besides call up another dealership that has them and go there.
and the 15k maintenance is usually around $300. most say it's not worth it and you can do most of it by yourself. call around ask ask the dealership how much they charge, it varies.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Got this done yesterday, and the output's about the same, leading me to believe that not all the headlights were off, but rather just a select few which they couldn't determine so they recalled all of them. The new headlights come with all new bulbs etc, but no ballast, which they reuse from your old headlights, so I suggest removing any of your existing aftermarket bulbs before bringing it in, as they don't change out the bulbs. They also managed to jack up the aiming, and I had to spend 2 hours reaiming them and making sure the headlight were flush with the surrounding panels. Overall, worth it for the new headlights, but be prepared for some extra work if your dealership is incompetant. They should just given me the lights and let me do it myself and saved me the second trip to the dealership.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:03 PM
do u guys have any picture for Be4 and after you change the headlight?

Old 05-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Conscons
do u guys have any picture for Be4 and after you change the headlight?
look at the 1st two posts

Old 05-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Did they let you keep your old headlights? If so, I can't wait for all of the old ones to hit ebay so I can get some cheap 06-07 lights for my 03.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:25 PM
No, they keep the old headlights

Old 05-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Thumbs up

I just bought some from 'wildtemp' on ebay for 290+35 shipping. He has 1 set left if anyone is interested. I'm sure these are probably recalls or he would be charging way more.

I've seen the before and after pictures of people who had the new headlights installed, and there doesn't seem to be much of a difference to me, so I figure what the hell. If they suck I'll just put the old ones back in.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:55 PM
I had my headlights replaced last week but I'm afraid they messed up the aiming. The road is lit only about two car lengths at low-beams. I don't find it comfortable and safe because even at 40 mph it gives me less than 1 second to react.

How far should the lighted spot go from the car at low-beams?

Old 05-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya just got mines done yesterday, i did notice that they are aimed higher which isnt a bad thing... the only crappy thing was the scratched the paint , (on the insed portion not visible unless your looking for it) @ the tip of the headlights and also no longer have the bra on the headlights, which im going to get back one way or another... ohh and now is def. the time to have them throw in aftermarket foglights...

Old 05-28-2007, 03:23 PM
I just got mine done as well.... I noticed a few differences...
-I now have a wider or broader view of the road
-Lighting distance has increased by 2-3 car lengths

Here is my biggest issue... After the headlight update the color of my headlights are now a very bright white... No bluish tint at all except when they first turn on. They slowly fade to a whitish yellow color...!!!!! They actually don't look like xenon headlights at all... Do you guys have any ideas??? I was thinking of contacting the dealer, I am not really sure how to make my complaint sound convincing enough.... Did anyone else notice this change after the update???

-Lloyd

Old 05-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by lbrathwaite
I just got mine done as well.... I noticed a few differences...
-I now have a wider or broader view of the road
-Lighting distance has increased by 2-3 car lengths

Here is my biggest issue... After the headlight update the color of my headlights are now a very bright white... No bluish tint at all except when they first turn on. They slowly fade to a whitish yellow color...!!!!! They actually don't look like xenon headlights at all... Do you guys have any ideas??? I was thinking of contacting the dealer, I am not really sure how to make my complaint sound convincing enough.... Did anyone else notice this change after the update???

-Lloyd
thats how they are supposed to look, they are brand new bulbs and have no colorshifting yet. They likely won't colorshift either, since they are 85122+ bulbs. Be happy, it just means you are putting more light down onto the road.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the reply "redlude97" and excuse my ignorance...

So color shifting is when you see the Bluish/Violet color of the Xenon's??? So I take it thats a bad thing? I notice that most xenons emit that color, (Jaguar's and Audi's seem to emit the highest amount of that color in there xenon head lamps).

Old 05-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by lbrathwaite
Thanks for the reply "redlude97" and excuse my ignorance...

So color shifting is when you see the Bluish/Violet color of the Xenon's??? So I take it thats a bad thing? I notice that most xenons emit that color, (Jaguar's and Audi's seem to emit the highest amount of that color in there xenon head lamps).
no, the color you see from other cars is due to color in their cutoff, this does not occur on the G because of the use of a fresnel lense which blurs the cutoff resulting in no color. The only way to get color like that is to swap the lense for a clear one such as from a tsx projector and mod the shield, or fit a different projector in there. "colorshifting" refers to the actual color emitted onto the road, and on older bulbs(85122), the color becomes bluer over time as more hours are put on the bulb and it begins to die. 85122+ bulbs have an additive that resists this colorshift, and the bulb holds its original color much longer and puts out more light over its lifetime.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 06 G35 COUPE Headlight recall