TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Trunk Release Problem ***PLEASE HELP!!!***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Release Problem ***PLEASE HELP!!!***

I tried popping my trunk lid yesterday using the keyfob which is what i usually use, i have the interior latch disabled, and the trunk wouldnt open. i turned on the interior latch and tried it and it was no good either. i checked the fuse box and foung no fuse for it. I did manage to open the trunk manually through the rear seats but id like to get this problem fixed w/o travelling to the dealership. Can someone help me Please!!!?

Old 07-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was having the same problem, but with the switch inside the car; even with the switch in the glove box set to on. I was doing some work with the stereo (installing the ipod connector from USA SPEC) and noticed tha the plug that would enable the trunk release was undone.

All you need to do is unscrew the 4 bolts that hold the glove compartment to the dash (no biggie at ALL!) and make sure the plug is still connected - if it's not, that would explain why your internal swith on the dash wasn't working either.

The key fob's batteries may be weak - try and replace those and see if that works for the remote method.

Hope it works out for ya!

Old 07-31-2007, 09:41 PM
yeah...i just checked the wiring..everything is in plugged in...keyfob batteries are working fine as well, all buttons work except trunk

im clueless...

Old 08-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Check the wiring harness in the trunk. Sometimes the trunk hinge pinches and cuts through the wires. Three of my wires were cut right through.

You will find the wiring harness in a black flexible rubber tubing close to the passenger side hinge of the trunk. Youu can see it when the trunk lid is open

Good luck

Larry

Old 08-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by zx10r_646
Check the wiring harness in the trunk. Sometimes the trunk hinge pinches and cuts through the wires. Three of my wires were cut right through.

You will find the wiring harness in a black flexible rubber tubing close to the passenger side hinge of the trunk. Youu can see it when the trunk lid is open

Good luck

Larry
Yes! As an early G owner, I was one of the first to experience this. The flexing of the wire bundle that runs through the rubber tubing will break the wires over time.

It's happened to mine 3 times now, but was covered under warranty. The last time, they replaced it with heavier but less flexible gauge wires (would have thought that more flexible would be better). That time, it also affected my back-up lights, and because they were shorted when I shifted into reverse, blew the transmission fuse behind the battery. I couldn't even start the car, so had it towed into the dealership! I think it's a design flaw, but Infiniti wouldn't authorize a full harness replacement.

Since it's a matter of record, hopefully it will still be covered if (when?) it happens again.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:16 PM
just to add to this i am having the same problem, it started with my reverse lights not comin gon when putting it in R. then the trunk release quit but when you pushed the key fob the lights would com eon. now NOTHING.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:11 PM
I've had the same problem with the trunk not releasing via the fob or the button on the trunk. It comes and goes, I just reach through the ski pass-through and release it by hand. Frustrating because I know if I take it to the dealer it won't do it. I'll wait for a TSB.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ZXERT
Same problem here. My trunk just won't open. If I turn the key, the trunk opens. Tried messing around with the latch button in the glove box.

Mine has always been fixed by turning the key into the ACC position.
Exact same thing I have to do sometimes. There is some kind of electronic gremlin happening.