TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Axle Click on my 04 G35? Vid Inside!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
My g is doing the same thing i hate it... everytime i down shift it does that.... so is covered by warranty

Old 08-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by XLR8_
My g is doing the same thing i hate it... everytime i down shift it does that.... so is covered by warranty
Only the bumper to bumper warranty, it is not covered under Infiniti's Powertrain warranty for whatever reason...tried to get mine fixed and that was the answer the dealer gave me. I haven't invested the time to try anc argue with infiniti about it though.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by idrive_MD
Only the bumper to bumper warranty, it is not covered under Infiniti's Powertrain warranty for whatever reason...tried to get mine fixed and that was the answer the dealer gave me. I haven't invested the time to try anc argue with infiniti about it though.
Exactly what happened to me today. This is from another thread that I posted in.

"So I made an appointment last week for axle click and a couple other things and was told that they were covered under my warranty. Today I dropped off the car and the service guy and I talked for a bit, he explained what I already knew about how to fix the click then told me he would call when it was done. 5 hours later he calls and tells me that it was the problem for sure and that the fix was what we talked about but it was not covered under my warranty. His reasoning was b.c no parts need to be replaced and it is considered an adjustment which is not covered by the Infiniti CPO Elite warranty.

It gets better, he said he would cut me a deal and fix it in 1.5 hours instead of the recommended 4 hours. I told him I had to talk to my husband, at this time I was pretty mad. I was told it was covered and he never mentioned that there was even a remote possibility that it wouldn't be even though we went through the list I had one item at a time and he said yes or no to every one of the items.. So I had my husband call and the guy tells my husband that he told me before I left that it wouldn't be covered, which was total B.S. So needless to say I am not a happy camper and I wasted 170 miles, $40 in gas and 10 hours of my time for my car to go to the dealer and sit, just like it would have done in my own driveway. Time to call the service manager tmw.

Oh and they made a huge deal and put comments in my service history that I have "Coupe wheels and tires" . I only have coupe wheels- non staggered all with the same offset, and Sedan specific size all 4 matching tires."

Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
seems like a lot of dealers are out to get us.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:51 AM
Well it is their job to make money just like everyone else. One of the reasons that I have really only done wheels/tires and small cosmetic stuff was b.c of this silly warranty so to have that be a big deal is crazy.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
F infiniti stealerships. They're absolutely terrible. If I didn't love my car so much I would have sold it a long time ago just because their service is just downright horrendous. There are more crooks at these damn dealerships then there are in f-ing politics... I understand that dealerships have to make money, but they are blatantly trying to steal money from their customers. Don't get me wrong, there are some honest and good dealerships, but I've run into far more crooks then I have good guys at these places. I am now out of warranty, which is fine, but is it just me or do these service people just tend to treat you like your **** when you're no longer backed by an Infiniti warranty?

Sorry I'm just griding my gears now, but some of their antics really p!ss me off. BTW I go to Nissan for all of my service work now. Nissan fixed my rear axle click for $160 and they warrant their work. If it comes back they fix it for free. Done and done.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by parhamm1
F infiniti stealerships. They're absolutely terrible. If I didn't love my car so much I would have sold it a long time ago just because their service is just downright horrendous. There are more crooks at these damn dealerships then there are in f-ing politics... I understand that dealerships have to make money, but they are blatantly trying to steal money from their customers. Don't get me wrong, there are some honest and good dealerships, but I've run into far more crooks then I have good guys at these places. I am now out of warranty, which is fine, but is it just me or do these service people just tend to treat you like your **** when you're no longer backed by an Infiniti warranty?

Sorry I'm just griding my gears now, but some of their antics really p!ss me off. BTW I go to Nissan for all of my service work now. Nissan fixed my rear axle click for $160 and they warrant their work. If it comes back they fix it for free. Done and done.
Well the service guy did offer to cut us a deal to do it for around $150 but there was no way that I would give them a cent after the crap they pulled. I would go to the local Nissan dealer but they are owned by a super shady company and I wouldn't trust them one bit. They are the type that when you go for a test drive and they value your trade they refuse to give keys back unless you buy what you test drove.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:39 PM
keep us posted on your situation.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't think there will be any updates to be honest. I haven't called them today and I don't think I will be. I don't want them to hold this against me if something major comes up in the future, esp when it is a semi-easy DIY fix for the axle click.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:04 PM
yea just had my 07 done today @ oakville infi

Old 10-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just had this fixed last week. My 06 mt started doing this at about 33K.
Couldn't figure out what the heck was going on, but the dealer knew immediately. Fixed for free per the TSB and under drive train warranty. My dealer said it should be a one time fix - no re- occurrences. Whatever they did was pretty simple and involved lubing the axels, but no parts replaced as far as I could tell.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just noticed this dreaded sound a couple of weeks ago. I just hit 76k miles on my 04 coupe.

I'm gonna have to see if I can get it fixed at a local mechanic.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:46 PM
I've got 68k (out of bumper to bumper warranty) on my car (04 sedan) and it definitely does this... Do I need to fix this? What happens if I don't? I'm not real handy with mechanical jobs.

Advice?

Old 10-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Can anyone help me? I don't know anything about this...

Old 10-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Go download the TSB - one link is here: www.infinitihelp.com you just have to register to be able to download the pdf of the TSB.

It's lack of lubrication on the splines of the axle, they use a moly-based grease, take it apart, put it together. IIRC the only parts were a bolt on each side the FSM cautions you not to re-use.

ITB05-002b

2003–2005 G35 SEDAN AND COUPE; CLICKING NOISE FROM REAR AXLES
A "clicking" noise is coming from the left and/or right rear axle (driveshaft) when accelerating from a stop.

It's pretty annoying. Both my 2003 350Z and my 2004 G Coupe both did this. I don't know that it was in or out of warranty.

Also if you have taken your car for the fuel tank hose recall, this would be done. They have to drop the rear end to drop the tank and this same area is taken apart and put back together again.

Sorry don't have the file, search on the number and you'll find it somewhere.

HTH

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Axle Click on my 04 G35? Vid Inside!!