TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

my G35 turns off/ wont start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Steezy777
any certain procedure to clean it? things to use/not use? im pretty sure i know where its at, i had to remove a sensor(preeeetty sure it was the MAF) when i installed my Injen CAI on my Z.
Yes the MAF is on the intake tube. Go to the store and buy mass airflow sensor cleaner. Its cheap and wont hurt it.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
kk thnx

Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by castroluis1220
hello i was wondering if anyone can help me with my problem. i have an 04 g35 coupe 6spd, stock. what happens is that i turn the key to turn on the car and the car takes about 5 to 10 sec to power on. right after it power on the Slip, and VDC light come on but later they go away. also my car turns off by itself as im drivinng. currently the only light on is the service engine soon light. could it be the ignition switch???

*it start to take a long time to power on after i have use the car almost all day

thank you
Here's what happened to mine, Clutch Pedal Switch failed, pulled the wiring clip and stuck a paper clip in there, starts perfect, no issues, except clutch switch Lock out. Dealer about $30.00, a bitch to change.

Good luck.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark7
Here's what happened to mine, Clutch Pedal Switch failed, pulled the wiring clip and stuck a paper clip in there, starts perfect, no issues, except clutch switch Lock out. Dealer about $30.00, a bitch to change.

Good luck.
but in that case the motor shouldn't even turn over. his problem was it cranks and doesnt fire.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by UCIMAplaya2
Yes the MAF is on the intake tube. Go to the store and buy mass airflow sensor cleaner. Its cheap and wont hurt it.
cleaned off my filter, worked for the weekend n now its dyin whenever i put it in reverse w/o givin it gas :/ i looked at my MAF and i see this white rubber/scilicon/caulk stuff in it. on one side it seems to be a lining/sealant, on the other side it looks like i squeezed my MAF and the white "rubber" looking stuff is coming out on a part of it. Ill post a pic when i get off work... but is that normal? u guys think my MAF is jacked up? somethings telling me this isnt going to be a cheap fix :/

Old 05-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a problem that no mechanic has been able to help with. If you can give me some kind of insight into the problem I would appreciate it. If you charge for advice let me know. I'd gladly pay to get on the right track. May be posting this is the wrong thread, but I have found many threads that include one of my issues, so I just picked one.
The car: 2003 Infiniti g35 5sp automatic.

1. My car does not want to start, turns over, very low rpm, stalls out many time before it can finally get some rpms to keep running.
2. when applying gas in park, slight pressure on the pedal with bring up the rpms, but any attempt at regular pressure or full pressure, the rpms stagger and drop. same issue when driving.
3. at full throttle the rpms will go up difficultly and will not max out. Slight pressure on the throttle will bring rpms all the way up.
4. Here is where it gets fun. NO CEL. Nada. The cel works, I have unplugged senors to trip it and it goes on. Reset the light run the car... runs like ****... no codes.
5. fuel pump/filter checked.. fine. thought might be bad gas. Always run 91. had 1/4 tank when problem started. filled it up with 91 and octane booster additive. No change. Gave it some throttle to try to cycle new gas through. kept it at about 2500 rpms for a 1/2 minute or so a few times... exhaust, not just cats, were glowing red. Good sound and flow through muffler. So i do not suspect a clogged exhaust system.
pep boys, infiniti dealer, auto zone, local shops, friends with experience... no one can or has helped.
Im dying for some assistance. My car has been sitting for the last week and no one can give me any helpful advice.
Please, Any advice you can shoot my way will be greatly appreciated. And like I said if you need $, just let me know I can paypal you.