TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

my G35 turns off/ wont start

Old 05-31-2011, 02:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my G35 turns off/ wont start

hello i was wondering if anyone can help me with my problem. i have an 04 g35 coupe 6spd, stock. what happens is that i turn the key to turn on the car and the car takes about 5 to 10 sec to power on. right after it power on the Slip, and VDC light come on but later they go away. also my car turns off by itself as im drivinng. currently the only light on is the service engine soon light. could it be the ignition switch???

*it start to take a long time to power on after i have use the car almost all day

thank you

Old 07-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yo Castroluis, i have the same problem....It just started for me last week and now my service engine soon light came on as well.

My car shuts down after cranking it on even if I've used it all day as well. It'll start once again after I hit the gas a little bit to help it Idle. Does anyone know what this may be? I have an 03 6mt coupe.

The following users liked this post:
castroluis1220 (07-22-2011)
Old 07-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Santis_G
My car shuts down after cranking it on even if I've used it all day as well. It'll start once again after I hit the gas a little bit to help it Idle. Does anyone know what this may be? I have an 03 6mt coupe.
i had this issue on mine, it was a dirty trottle body and been fine ever since

Old 07-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
For the original poster, it sounds like its one of your camshaft position sensors. Common problem, those are the exact the symptoms too.

For the second poster, it could be a CPS but its more likely to be dirty TB like mentioned above. See what the check engine light says.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:54 PM
I will def check it out, now if I could only find someone, easy on the pocket, to look it up for me....

Old 07-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Places like autozone and advance auto parts will check the codes for free

Old 07-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
about a month ago i was driving north on the I-5 and my engine just shut off on me, so i popped it in neutral and started it(took longer to turn over than an normal start) and then it happened again that same day as i was slowing down to a red light(engine was @an idle cuz i was braking). and yet 2 more times, once in the in&out drive thru and once while parked. ever since then its only died on me once(driving ~30mph in town) and I havent thought much of it, dont ask why... but then the other day i started my engine and it rev'd up to 1.1k like it normaly does and then died, it started like normal the next try, but i have noticed it always rev's to 1.1k and then goes down to 400-500rpms (is that normal?!) for a sec before it gets back up to its 600-700rpms. i seafoamed it(BB&gas) a couple days ago and its helped TREMENDOUSLY with the throttle response while accelerating on the fwy and off the line but every startup it still likes to bog down to that 400-500rpms :/

the engine has 185xxx on it and its still running strong(or so i like to think ) and i wanna keep it that way! some people say clean the TB(some say dont touch it) and some people say get new spark plugs. im kinda limited on money atm so i wanna narrow it down as much as possible! thnx

Old 07-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Steezy777
about a month ago i was driving north on the I-5 and my engine just shut off on me, so i popped it in neutral and started it(took longer to turn over than an normal start) and then it happened again that same day as i was slowing down to a red light(engine was @an idle cuz i was braking). and yet 2 more times, once in the in&out drive thru and once while parked. ever since then its only died on me once(driving ~30mph in town) and I havent thought much of it, dont ask why... but then the other day i started my engine and it rev'd up to 1.1k like it normaly does and then died, it started like normal the next try, but i have noticed it always rev's to 1.1k and then goes down to 400-500rpms (is that normal?!) for a sec before it gets back up to its 600-700rpms. i seafoamed it(BB&gas) a couple days ago and its helped TREMENDOUSLY with the throttle response while accelerating on the fwy and off the line but every startup it still likes to bog down to that 400-500rpms :/

the engine has 185xxx on it and its still running strong(or so i like to think ) and i wanna keep it that way! some people say clean the TB(some say dont touch it) and some people say get new spark plugs. im kinda limited on money atm so i wanna narrow it down as much as possible! thnx
Yours sounds like a dirty mass air flow sensor

Old 07-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by UCIMAplaya2
Places like autozone and advance auto parts will check the codes for free
I went to Autozone and one of the guys there told me that Autozone used to check the codes for free out here in Cali but they stopped offering that service sometime back....Thanks for the suggestion though UCIMAplaya

Old 07-22-2011, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by Santis_G
Yo Castroluis, i have the same problem....It just started for me last week and now my service engine soon light came on as well.

yeah dude my service engine light came on too and i also have to give it a bit of gas to power it on. might slip and VDC light come on but after i leve the car sitting for about an hour they go away. can anyone please tell me if they have a solution. thank you

Old 07-22-2011, 02:19 AM
let me know if you have a solution please

Old 07-22-2011, 02:20 AM
you wouldnt know how much this could run me? btw thank you for the help

Old 07-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Question

i was doing a bunch of research and it might be the CPS but which one??
bank 1(passenger Side) or????

check this link out it might help. this guy had the same problem

http://www.6mt.net/forum/g35-coupe/3...-location.html

Old 07-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by UCIMAplaya2
Yours sounds like a dirty mass air flow sensor
any certain procedure to clean it? things to use/not use? im pretty sure i know where its at, i had to remove a sensor(preeeetty sure it was the MAF) when i installed my Injen CAI on my Z.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by castroluis1220
i was doing a bunch of research and it might be the CPS but which one??
bank 1(passenger Side) or????

check this link out it might help. this guy had the same problem

http://www.6mt.net/forum/g35-coupe/3...-location.html
Yes, bank 1 is for the passenger's side, bank 0 is for the driver's side.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my G35 turns off/ wont start