Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer?

Do any of you know anything about one of these? I had three pulls today with one, and I do not know what to think. I have put my car on a dyno three times now and today was the worst that I have pulled. I pulled 236 HP and 224 LB. TQ (stock) the first time on a dynojet. The second time I was on a dyno I pulled 231 HP and 213 LB. TQ. on a dynopack (19" wheels and KN and 350 Z tube) I know that my wheels were off and these do not pose a factor. My numbers from today were 231.2 HP and 220 LB. TQ (dyno dynamics). All that I have now on the car are is in my sig. and I pulled close to what I had on the dynopack. Do any of you know a correction factor for this type of dyno? Please tell me why I am so disappointed!!!

Old 07-23-2006, 01:36 AM
To get consistent results, you need to go to the same dyno at the same shop, preferably under similar weather conditions. Different types of dynos, even the same type of dyno at different shops, will all present different numbers. Going with three different types of dynos with different modifications in between will tell you next to nothing. Most people will tell you to go to a DynoJet to get your numbers, since that's generally considered the standard that most people go by.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
I stop paying dyno shops and recommend that you buy the autoenginuity.com scantool it comes with speedtracer. You can dyno the car on the raod and not worry about a vendor or shops correction factor. The scantool is awesome and you never know when you might need one.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I just read about that AutoEnginuity scan tool. Sounds cool and def worth the money. How's it been working for you?

Old 07-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Originally Posted by DieselX
I just read about that AutoEnginuity scan tool. Sounds cool and def worth the money. How's it been working for you?

I don't wanna hiJack the thread but I have been using this for several years and have found it to be more valuable than an adj wrench or channel locks .

I just got back up from my car toying with some the BCM settings. It was way too hot to play with everything so I simply changed my door unlock feature. Now I only have to hit the unlock button once to unlock all the doors.

I have only used speedtracer the dyno tool one time but everything I have read and learned about dynoing has indicated that road dynoing is the as accurate as you can get since you are testing where the rubber meets the road. However all of my dyno experience could fit on the head of a pin .

Old 07-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
There is a dyno comparason thread either on here or my350z, I can't remember which one.

A dyno dynamics does read low but is very accurate when used for tuning. The fact that you have had your car dyno'd on three different dynos means nothing. You need to use the same one and try for similar weather conditions. It is a tool for tuning only and checking out your mods. The same dyno can be changed to have you read 20hp or 600hp.