Dyno Day in Arizona? - Custom Tune by Church Auto with OSIRIS!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 02:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dyno Day in Arizona? - Custom Tune by Church Auto with OSIRIS!!!

Luckily enough, Shawn at Church Automotive is willing to come out to AZ from California to do a tune for us if the demand is there. We need a total of 5 people. So far we have three:
  • 6MTG354ME - G35driver.com
  • BBPathfinder - G35driver.com
  • Frostydc4 - G35driver.com
  • Xtreme Coupe - G35driver.com

We tune pretty much everything, so if you've got friends with other vehicles (any 97 up GM vehicle, EVOs, STIs, pretty much any Honda, etc.) we can tune them as well. But it is always easier to do one type of vehicle so definitely see if anyone here is interested. We can do about 5 cars in one 8 hour day, but if you happened to get more we could schedule two days.
He has a great reputation, and the flash would do wonders over a piggy back in my opinion. If anyone from AZ is interested, please post.

WHERE: XACT DYNO - http://www.xactdyno.com/ for map
WHEN: Saturday February 23rd, 2008

Last edited by 6MTG354ME; 02-07-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Shawn is a great guy and very knowledgeable tuner!!! You guys are gonna be happy

Old 01-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
Shawn is a great guy and very knowledgeable tuner!!! You guys are gonna be happy
We'll be happier when we get more people signed up!!! Come on AZ G and Z lovers,lets go!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm registering on the 350Z forum to see if I can find some interest there.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by 6MTG354ME
  • 6MTG354ME
  • BBPathfinder
  • FrostyDC4
I added myself to the list. I already have the osiris software however I'd like a retune for more power . Please keep me posted

Old 01-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by 6MTG354ME
I'm registering on the 350Z forum to see if I can find some interest there.

Also post on www.az350z.com to see if the locals are interested

Old 01-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
U guys should take advantage of the opportunity.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Any idea when this would take place? I'm located in Southern Utah and my bro lives in Phoenixx so I'd have somewhere to stay. I would like to take advantage of this but I don't know if it would work out on a weekday.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Any idea on the price?

I would like to have something done to help make the transition between my ECU and UTEC as smooth as possible.

As far as where, he might be able to work out something with Tony at UMS Tuning to use his dyno for a day or two. UMS is in north west Mesa.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Here is the info...

I've got to say that, as a tuner, the UpRev package is the best thing ever for Nissan/Infiniti vehicles. We don't make any more money tuning an Osiris flash vs. a Split Second box, or an Emanage, etc., but it is just _soooo_ much more effective and simple.

Why? In a nutshell, because it uses all that advanced hardware and firmware that Nissan created in the stock ECU to maximize power with your mods. The other applications (except for the AEM EMS and Fcon) try to work _around_ (or sometimes against) the factory ECU. Furthermore, unlike even the standalones, you get to keep all the OBDII functionality (emissions checks for one) and the ability to check for problems, etc.

Finally, UpRev is not standing still. They are adding more functionality and applications as we speak, so it will only get _better_.

On the questions people have asked about tuning and what to buy, here are your options:

1) Go to a licensed UpRev tuner/distributor and have them custom tune/flash your car on the spot (dyno tuned of course). We charge $600 for NA cars and $650 for FI cars for this. This includes as many maps as you want (up to 5 depending on your ECU) - most people run Valet, Stock and Tuned. I run an additional race gas map on my G35. Forced induction guys can run high and low boost maps for example.

2) Order the Cipher/Romloader package from UpRev or a licensed distributor. The price on this is $700. You get the Cipher package, and a Romloader with some off-the-shelf tunes - but you don't get any dyno tuning. This will however, license your ECU. If you desire to get tuned after that, you'll pay about $250-$350 for custom tuning (because we don't have to spend money to license your ECU). You'll be spending $300-400 more total, but you will get Cipher and the ability to load programs yourself (but you will not be able to tune or create custom programs). We've had several people inquire about this, so we're going to distribute this option as well and I'm sure other UpRev distributors will too. Loading other programs isn't of much value once you're custom tuned, but for more adventurous souls, its an interesting option.

3) You can also do a custom tune with a tuner like us and purchase Cipher seperately for about $400. Obviously, this is probably the least attractive because you spend the same money as option 2, but don't get your own Romloader.

Hope that helps people understand the details. If you have mods and you haven't already tuned your Emanage or Split Second or Unichip, you owe it to yourself to investigate Osiris from UpRev. For those really concerned with power, you may still want to look at upgrading to Osiris, either in conjunctioon with your piggyback, or in place of it (Emanage owners can at least sell their boxes).

Best of luck.

Shawn Church

www.churchdyno.com

Old 01-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by XtremeCoupe
Any idea when this would take place? I'm located in Southern Utah and my bro lives in Phoenixx so I'd have somewhere to stay. I would like to take advantage of this but I don't know if it would work out on a weekday.
No Date Set. I would have to be Sat. February 23rd? We would have to get 5 people, then get a consensus on date, and then confirm with Shawn.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Let me know if you want me to add you to the list TTrank

Old 01-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I need to to get some more info before I join up. Plus my motor build will need to be done and Feb 23rd will be close. Right now it's at the machine shop, then UMS needs to build it and install/tune my UTEC. We'll see...

Old 02-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Xtreme Coupe, I think it would be on a Saturday because there is now way I can make a week day. Give us a date, and maybe we can get Shawn to come out with 4 instead of 5 people if we throw some kind of incentive.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Either next weekend (16th) or the weekend after (23rd) would probably work for me. Also, where would the tuning take place in Phoenix? Or is that still up in the air as well?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day in Arizona? - Custom Tune by Church Auto with OSIRIS!!!