Flash Tuning?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flash Tuning?

Is there anyone that sells the cable needed to flash the g's?

Are people using ecu flash to tune? What is used to log?

I work for a tuner and if i can get the basic stuff needed to be able to flash the car, he will locate all of the maps, and tune for rates that are more linear in price to other popular applications($150ish)

thanks!

Old 02-08-2008, 05:55 PM
anyone?

Old 02-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Who do you work for?

Old 02-10-2008, 09:46 PM
midgetspec aka John Bradley

Old 02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Red Card Crew

In Aberdeen, Wa? Interesting. I don't think there's a DIY flashing. If you want to flash as a shop, then you need to become a UpRev or AccessPort (Cobb Tuning)(soon) dealer.

I do believe TS and AAM use the Techdom flashing software to access the Nissan ECU stuff.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
In Aberdeen, Wa? Interesting. I don't think there's a DIY flashing. If you want to flash as a shop, then you need to become a UpRev or AccessPort (Cobb Tuning)(soon) dealer.

I do believe TS and AAM use the Techdom flashing software to access the Nissan ECU stuff.

yes that is the one, there has to be a way to reflash the stock ecu, it is 0bd2, it just will take some work, once we can get a some base information, we will use my car to test and also buy a stock ecu or 2 and send them to some people around the world that are also interested in helping with this project. I see no point in buying a piggyback when the ecu will work just fine(in time)

Old 02-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Red Card Crew

Nissan ecu coding is diff than many other ecu software. I don't see the advantage of starting from scratch when many companies already have.

If you want, you can just buy the Techdom stuff and flash yourself.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Theoretically any OBD2 ECU can be reflashed through the OBD2 port, but theory is often far different than practice. OpenECU works well for Mitsu and Subaru apps, and could theoretically work on more, provided that the processor is defined and someone can decode hex, as well and programming protocol. OpenECU got a head start because Ecutek went through and did a lot of legwork ahead of time that allowed other companies to start with more than just an ECU and a plug

BTW, the Techtom stuff is really expensive and there can be issues with programming the ECUs that require recovery in Japan (this straight from Technosquare). I looked seriously into purchasing the Techtom package before UpRev came out, but it was just too much $$$.

SC

Old 02-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Churchautotest
Theoretically any OBD2 ECU can be reflashed through the OBD2 port, but theory is often far different than practice. OpenECU works well for Mitsu and Subaru apps, and could theoretically work on more, provided that the processor is defined and someone can decode hex, as well and programming protocol. OpenECU got a head start because Ecutek went through and did a lot of legwork ahead of time that allowed other companies to start with more than just an ECU and a plug

BTW, the Techtom stuff is really expensive and there can be issues with programming the ECUs that require recovery in Japan (this straight from Technosquare). I looked seriously into purchasing the Techtom package before UpRev came out, but it was just too much $$$.

SC

decoding the hex can be done, we have someone who is willing to work on that part of it, the same guy who did much of the evo stuff. All it will take is a little(or alot) of work, next week we will attempt to download my rom and get that shipped out to a few people.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:12 AM
Let us know if you manage to download it (especially figuring out the access protocol).

SC

Old 02-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Churchautotest
Let us know if you manage to download it (especially figuring out the access protocol).

SC

i will.... but i will try to get the guy who is doing it to join on here, i am definitely not the brains of the operation

Old 02-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
now it's getting interesting... lurking here

Old 02-15-2008, 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by OCG35
now it's getting interesting... lurking here

the more interest like this we get, the faster we want to get this done!

Old 02-15-2008, 04:05 PM
I am interested in finding out more about the UPrev but the other two options both utilise Techtom and from my Toyota days I would rather stay away.

Just to clear some up a few points Colby (Tactrix/OpenECU) did not use ECUtek to develop his software or cable. A wiring diagram and a Mitsu scan tool (and I assume the equivalent for the Subaru) and a bunch of time were his tools. He is currently also developing the CAN/bus cable for the newer generations of both totally in house.

The comm protocol for most OBD2 cars tends to be the same (though I havent tried downloading the ROM yet) and from there its a matter of the ROM disassembly which I retain a paid professional for.

Colby has actually also added the Mini cooper to the list, so if a Bosch M type ECU can be flashed with ECUflash I dont see why something thats derived from the same base language as another FHI would be extremely difficult. Then again someone elses idea of difficult and my idea might be different as well

Old 02-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Red Card Crew

Let us all know if you can do it. Cool that you are a NW shop also. All the choices so far are expensive as compared to the domestic guys!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Flash Tuning?