Technosquare New Pricing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 04:54 PM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the expected hp gains with the reflash?

-Vin

Old 03-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VinNYCG
What are the expected hp gains with the reflash?

-Vin
AAM's website claims 8-15HP depending upon your setup.

I think people with Osiris have seen greater gains, although I'm not certain.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
AAM's website claims 8-15HP depending upon your setup.

I think people with Osiris have seen greater gains, although I'm not certain.
I think majority of the HP claims are based on a dyno tune flash. You'll see gains, but don't expect those gains w/o a try custom flash as most flash are guestimation of what they assume your A/F graph to look like based on your mod and those with the same mods that dyno prior.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by ratm68
I think majority of the HP claims are based on a dyno tune flash. You'll see gains, but don't expect those gains w/o a try custom flash as most flash are guestimation of what they assume your A/F graph to look like based on your mod and those with the same mods that dyno prior.
+1 good point

BTW When's Lucas Performance getting a dyno???

Old 03-11-2008, 10:13 PM
well, after my visit with tadashi and the boys at technosquare, i ended up pulling 270.9 Hp and 257.9 Tq...... paid $700 all together for the reflash and dyno tune. and i must say that evey mod on my G seems to work together insync now, with a much smoother and even power gain thru all my gears, all the way to the new 7100rpm limit!!......i dont know why i waited so long to get the reflash! but i'm glad it's finally done.

oh yeah, i was running a mix of 50% 101 octane and 50% 91 octane.........to prevent any possible knocking that may occur.

Last edited by chance2u; 03-11-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chance2u
well, after my visit with tadashi and the boys at technosquare, i ended up pulling 270.9 Hp and 257.9 Tq...... paid $700 all together for the reflash and dyno tune. and i must say that evey mod on my G seems to work together insync now, with a much smoother and even power gain thru all my gears, all the way to the new 7100rpm limit!!......i dont know why i waited so long to get the reflash! but i'm glad it's finally done.

oh yeah, i was running a mix of 50% 101 octane and 50% 91 octane.........to prevent any possible knocking that may occur.
I would assume that you will be running that same ratio mixture in the future? Those are some good numbers, would you happen to have the runfiles for viewing?

Old 03-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by sloppymax
I would assume that you will be running that same ratio mixture in the future? Those are some good numbers, would you happen to have the runfiles for viewing?
yeah i always run the 50/50 mix everytime i fill up....the 76 station 5 blocks from my pad has 101 octane at $7 a gallon, it's not too steep for the performance gains i get....well worth every penny if u ask me......tadashi reccomends 93 octane or higher to get full performance gains out of my reflash.....

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by chance2u; 03-11-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Wow, I totally gotta do this.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the problem with flashes I've head is that they aren't permanent. The stock ECU will retard everything to compensate for the flash. The guys on My350z have already dyno tested flashes including the AAM flash and have found no HP gains. This is a steal of a price though BTdub....

Old 03-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Actually this couldn't be more incorrect. TS/UpRev's Osiris/Cobb Tuning and some of the dyno guys that sell reflashing (ie.. Church's / AAM) all PERMANENTLY change the ecu code. It's the very definition of this equipment's use. Reflashing puts new code into the oem ecu. The ecu cannot "retard" or "compensate" anything. There's nothing to compensate or retard against. As far as the ecu is concerned it HAS the "oem" ecu. At least for the UpRev and Cobb units, you can easily put the original / stock ecu "flash" back in if you sell/or need warranty work.

These programs load and copy whatever oem program you have and saves it. Then it uploads a new program onto the ecu. There is no tricking, fooling or bypassing anything. All the changes are right inside the ecu.

There are numerous posts/dyno sheets/personal testimonies proving that reflashing is a very viable modification.

In fact, it will probably make the existing ecu piggy backs obsolete. In fact, it's the piggy back ecus that the oem ecu fights against. Especially in closed look operation. Some of them I think can alter the closed loop a/f targets so this won't happen but I'm not sure which. Emangage I think.

The only other way is to completely take over control of the engine parameters via a standalone.

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
the problem with flashes I've head is that they aren't permanent. The stock ECU will retard everything to compensate for the flash. The guys on My350z have already dyno tested flashes including the AAM flash and have found no HP gains. This is a steal of a price though BTdub....

Last edited by Jeff92se; 03-17-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Correct... TS and UpRev Osiris re-writes the ECU... the ECU no longer knows the stock parameters so there is nothing for it to revert back to...

As for emanage units/piggy back types - yes they can conflict... but this thread isn't about those...

Old 04-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
L-spec only removes speed limiter and opens tb 100% on wot. Good for apllications running a piggyback.

F-spec does that and ignition timing and target A/F ratio.
so your sayin the l spec is good for lets say the turboxs utec? i want to get either the ts reflash or maybe a utec installed and dyno tuned soon.
i raced a is350 over the weeknd from a 60 kick and he got me two cars. but at 140 i was slowly closing the gap, then he stepped on the brakes. (i dont street race often.)

Old 04-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
how does the reflash deal with knock though? curious as to how much the ecu retards and how many pings to be considered real knock. i'd rather have complete control of what happens if knock is detected.

running a tune based on a 50/50 high test/race gas mix is very risky, unless you never leave your neighborhood.

At least your power levels are low enough that if you do ping, it wont break your rods.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by str8dum1
how does the reflash deal with knock though? curious as to how much the ecu retards and how many pings to be considered real knock. i'd rather have complete control of what happens if knock is detected.

running a tune based on a 50/50 high test/race gas mix is very risky, unless you never leave your neighborhood.

At least your power levels are low enough that if you do ping, it wont break your rods.

yeah, i should be fine with my sub-300whp numbers......as long as i keep running at 93 or higher octane levels.......tadashi/techno square did a great job at fine tuning my G.......and all and all the G feels a like a new/better car....as much as this statement has been used, it soo true!! to TechnoSquare!

Old 04-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish i was close to TS. I would have done this MONTHS ago. I want to get the flash but i would REALLY want to get the DYNO tune as well. It will really complete the car... =( when will TS open in FLorida? They should come down here for a month or so!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Technosquare New Pricing?