Pulstar Plugs are Junk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by biggz786786
^why is it that your pulstar pulse plugs are causing engine failure??

is it due to improper install? or something that the pulse plugs are doing? or is it just simply a bad batch was sent out?
his only responses have been there are plenty out there that don’t fail and that he isn’t aware of the numerous problems because he cant physically touch the failed plugs

Old 09-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biggz786786
^why is it that your pulstar pulse plugs are causing engine failure??

is it due to improper install? or something that the pulse plugs are doing? or is it just simply a bad batch was sent out?
We had a bad batch with unstable resistors. Since about 1970 spark plugs have had to have resistors installed in them to shunt out radio frequency noise. Otherwise your ECU will light up like a Christmas tree. Pulse plugs need them too. We had a batch that went unstable on us. What that means is the resistor after being subjected to repeated high voltage hits will grow in resistance overtaxing the coil. The engine didn't fail per se, but the coil could become overheated and in the worst case fail...it will certainly feel like an engine failure. Replacing the plug and the coil usually takes care of the problem. It is not a widespread issue and can happen to spark plugs or pulse plugs. So, if you know anyone who has had this problem, we want to makes sure it is fixed.

Cheers.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
i only have 1 friend who has the pulse plugs on his audi tt

2 months and still strong and consistant with its start up and mid range "feel"

however seing this forum made me a little bit worried, i was about to purchase it too, i guess i'll just wait till the OEM's are finished testing

don't nead a change yet

Old 09-07-2008, 06:14 PM
This is a funny thread. CEO is on the thread doing damage control... Stick to NGK's...... Three reasons... Cheap, Reliable, and been around for years! Never had issues with them. I rather save my engine than trying to gain 5 hp...

Cheers!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by G35coupe
This is a funny thread. CEO is on the thread doing damage control... Stick to NGK's...... Three reasons... Cheap, Reliable, and been around for years! Never had issues with them. I rather save my engine than trying to gain 5 hp...

Cheers!
QFT

Old 02-04-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm a newb to this forum but not a newb to froums concerning high performace cars. Just about every forum I have been on have threads devoted to the horror stories of these plugs. Heed the overwhelming advice of your G-brothers and stick with some variety of an iridium plug.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
today i returned the pulstar back to enerpulse, the company that makes it. as soon as i put pulstar on, my car was running erratically and "check engine " light came on. i took them out and put NGK iridium and everything runs fine. don't waste your time and money buying pulstar plugs. it doesn't work.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:15 AM
Mr. Parker,
How about this... if you don't have it already, why not warrant against engine failure caused by the pulse plugs. Not just a parts defect warranty but a solid warraty against your product causing any damage to the engine. I was seriously thinking about giving these a go but after reading this thread I am very hesitant. I also looked at your web site and the only warranty you provide is to cover the plugs only in defect. Hows about it? You willing to guaranty no damage to engine by your product? If they are as reliable and worry free as you say then this should be no problem. Considering the"newness" of the plugs a guaranty/warranty would go along way in consumer confidence.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ I think he's in the "where are they now" class... you know like the VH-1 show about has been musicians...

this seems to have been a flash in the pan and it didnt live up to the hype.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:10 PM
^^ true that! LOL

Old 07-18-2009, 06:22 AM
Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
Pulse plugs suck! More power yes , ............but just wait ,just a matter of time before coil packs melt to the plugs ,so when you try to remove the coil pack they break because of the massive amount of pressure needed to free them.....then when the plug finally comes out........ NO ELECTRODE!!!!!.........the damm thing falls into the cylinder....... Never again only NGK NGK NGK NGK NGK

Old 07-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i installed a set last fall . after 1,500 miles i had all kinds of trouble codes and the car ran like crap . i changed the plugs back at all the problems disapeared . pulstar told me if i sent the old ones back he would send me new ones . I SENT MY OLD PULSTAR PLUGS BACK . so when they claim the never were able to get bad plugs back THEY LIE . they were nice enough to send me a new set but when i asked for my moneyback i never heard from them again . so if anyone wants to screw up their car i have a new set on the shelf cheep.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Bit of bringing it back from the dead, but I love how he mentioned they know they had a bad batch, but absolutely no mention of them recalling them, notifying owners, or anything else to rectify the situation.

Iridiums!

Old 07-27-2009, 11:49 PM
got rid of my pulstars in my g35
i threw in some autolite iridiums to replace them and they work great!

Old 07-30-2009, 06:39 PM
good old NGK's

run them in everything that makes between 80 and 800 horsepower.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulstar Plugs are Junk