Hypertech Programmer for 03/04 sedans?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Hypertech Programmer for 03/04 sedans?

TireRack sent me their monthly propaganda yesterday and in it was a listing for a $450 Hypertech Programmer for the 03/04 G35 sedan. On the Hypertech site, they give a dyno plot and it actually looks like legit before numbers for an 04 G35 6MT. The car gained around 9whp/9wtq on their Superflow dyno. Something tells me this programmer wouldn't work for the early 03 sedans.

http://www.hypertech.com/products-results.aspx

Old 06-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That link doesn't work. this link plus entering year, Inf, G35 will show resultsL
http://www.hypertech.com/performance-gains.aspx

Also pdf link to dyno:

http://www.hypertech.com/Performance...Sedan_3_5L.pdf

I've never heard of the company or the software before, but the dyno does show gains. It seems that the "tune" is pre-programmed", however, and cannot be adjusted or customized for mods besides year of model. I'm assuming their pre-programmed flash is for a stock car. Dunno for sure tho.

Uprev/Cobb is a better, more customizable, and proven option imo, even if the cost is a bit higher.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:30 AM
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
TireRack sent me their monthly propaganda yesterday and in it was a listing for a $450 Hypertech Programmer for the 03/04 G35 sedan. On the Hypertech site, they give a dyno plot and it actually looks like legit before numbers for an 04 G35 6MT. The car gained around 9whp/9wtq on their Superflow dyno. Something tells me this programmer wouldn't work for the early 03 sedans.

http://www.hypertech.com/products-results.aspx
Dave you are right, nothing other than Technosquare works for the 2003 G35 ECU.

There is no way they can make that claim (no one has the jumper harness, at least not yet I am working on it with Richard of AutoSport Wiring.

The 2004's is a different story. I have a thread about this 03 ECU issue, may want to check it out.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max Energy Sport Part# 62005
■ 2003-2004 G35 Sedan 3.5L
■ 2003-2007 G35 Coupe 3.5L G35 Sedan
■ 2005-2006 G35 Sedan 3.5L
■ 2007-2008 G35 Sedan 3.5L
■ 2008-2009 G37 Coupe 3.7L
■ 2009 G37 Sedan 3.7L

Old 06-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
^^ Umm, meaning what, exactly? I think we've found the part...the big question is will it work with the early 03 ECU and I think the answer is no.

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
I've never heard of the company or the software before,
Really?? They are pretty popular among the domestic crowd, I think.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Smile

Not to bust anybodys bubble.

There is a misunderstanding that this is a piggy-back ECU. The unit plugs into the OBD2 readers just to reflash the ECU just like the UpREV. Except UpREV’s have more features in custom tuning for NA and FI. This is a great product for the regular guy/ gal that just have basic NA bolt-ons mods excluding internal engine mods (CAMS, Heads and Stroker Kits).

Hypertech has been around since 1985. This company might have been around before some of you were born. There products were popular with the Grand National crowd (mostly GM, Ford and Chrysler).

Check out there site at http://go.hypertech.com/about-us-company.aspx

The other comparable company was Jet Performance. They both use to sell chip modifications for DYI's or services where you sent them your ECU for modifications. This company (Hypertech) has been around longer that Technosquare, UpREV and Cobb... However they're just new to the import market/ scene. But they have many years experience in tuning high performance vehicles. A company that has been around that long more than likely acquires mass facilities to house lots of R&D versus allot of these smaller tuner shops. That would mean facilities with dyno chambers that have controlled environments for different tuning variables. They would have the paper work/ documentation/ notes to back up there business in the likes of QS9000 or better.

Last edited by SpeedSTARs; 06-23-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by SpeedSTARs
Not to bust anybodys bubble.

There is a misunderstanding that this is a piggy-back ECU. The unit plugs into the OBD2 readers just to reflash the ECU just like the UpREV. Except UpREV’s have more features in custom tuning for NA and FI. This is a great product for the regular guy/ gal that just have basic NA bolt-ons mods excluding internal engine mods (CAMS, Heads and Stroker Kits).

Hypertech has been around since 1985. This company might have been around before some of you were born. There products were popular with the Grand National crowd (mostly GM, Ford and Chrysler).

Check out there site at http://go.hypertech.com/about-us-company.aspx

The other comparable company was Jet Performance. They both use to sell chip modifications for DYI's or services where you sent them your ECU for modifications. This company (Hypertech) has been around longer that Technosquare, UpREV and Cobb... However they're just new to the import market/ scene. But they have many years experience in tuning high performance vehicles. A company that has been around that long more than likely acquires mass facilities to house lots of R&D versus allot of these smaller tuner shops. That would mean facilities with dyno chambers that have controlled environments for different tuning variables. They would have the paper work/ documentation/ notes to back up there business in the likes of QS9000 or better.
UpRev doesn't touch the early 03 ECU...

Completely different ECU than the rest of the G/Z community..

We would need PROOF that the ECU they are talking about for the 03 is being flashed via the OBD2 port to validate this.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AltimanGxe
UpRev doesn't touch the early 03 ECU...

Completely different ECU than the rest of the G/Z community..

We would need PROOF that the ECU they are talking about for the 03 is being flashed via the OBD2 port to validate this.

You got that right.

To the people that are interested in this product, they should use the information below to contact them to verify the testing of 2003 models. Or PM Hypertech.

Tech Support Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm CST. Mon-Fri

For tech support please have your product¹s serial
number available at the time of your call.

Phone: 901-382-8888

techsupport@hypertech.com

Hope this helps.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
The very fact that that Hypertech isn't distinquishing inbetween the very early 03 models and the 2004 model year illustrates they don't know the difference and probably can't handle it.

The fact that they don't list any Nissan/Infiniti prior to 2003 says they can't do the early 03. Also the fact that they don't list applications for the maxima / altima reinforces my guess here.

Technosquare IS the ONLY choice for reflashing the early 2003 sedan.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by jeff92se
the very fact that that hypertech isn't distinquishing inbetween the very early 03 models and the 2004 model year illustrates they don't know the difference and probably can't handle it.

The fact that they don't list any nissan/infiniti prior to 2003 says they can't do the early 03. Also the fact that they don't list applications for the maxima / altima reinforces my guess here.

technosquare is the only choice for reflashing the early 2003 sedan.
trooof!

Old 07-02-2010, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=Jeff92se;5185121]The very fact that that Hypertech isn't distinquishing inbetween the very early 03 models and the 2004 model year illustrates they don't know the difference and probably can't handle it.

The fact that they don't list any Nissan/Infiniti prior to 2003 says they can't do the early 03. Also the fact that they don't list applications for the maxima / altima reinforces my guess here.

Correct 03 sedan is being tested on two members vehicles we will fill you in when its complete.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:54 AM
[QUOTE=Hypertech;5202912]
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
The very fact that that Hypertech isn't distinquishing inbetween the very early 03 models and the 2004 model year illustrates they don't know the difference and probably can't handle it.

Correct 03 sedan is being tested on two members vehicles we will fill you in when its complete.
Can you please be so kind to see if their ECU connect is the same as a 2004 ECU or does it look different? Please post pics, If this works I'm willing to buy it.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:40 PM
The older model 03 sedan ecu is complete and is in full production now. Thanks for the heads up, its fixed. I have three products request from this page I will contact those Friday.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Hypertech
The older model 03 sedan ecu is complete and is in full production now. Thanks for the heads up, its fixed. I have three products request from this page I will contact those Friday.
Hey, I called yesterday and talked to a tech about the early ECU issue becasue I just purchased a Hypertech programmer, and it didn't work on my ECU. The tech said the update for the early sedans would be available within 1-2 weeks.

Are you saying it's available today, or what? Also, use me as a test car. I already bought the unit. Make it work with my exhaust and spacer, haha... no seriously, PM me. I am planning on dynoing the before/after gains with the programmer regardless.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by Hypertech
Originally Posted by 03BaseSedan
Hey, I called yesterday and talked to a tech about the early ECU issue becasue I just purchased a Hypertech programmer, and it didn't work on my ECU. The tech said the update for the early sedans would be available within 1-2 weeks.

Are you saying it's available today, or what? Also, use me as a test car. I already bought the unit. Make it work with my exhaust and spacer, haha... no seriously, PM me. I am planning on dynoing the before/after gains with the programmer regardless.
Any updates from Hypertech?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Programmer for 03/04 sedans?