Only got 260whp and 255tq. Seems a little low to me...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
I thought dyno pulls were done in 3rd gear?

EDIT* Nevermind. 5th gear ratio is closest to 1:1

Last edited by TIAN; 07-30-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:06 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 03BaseSedan
If there was an aftermarket intake that did not induce noticeable heat soak, and had a good filtering element, I would be on it in a second.

A lot of people just run cone filters that suck in hot air :-/
There is: R2C has a good intake box, STILLEN airbox works well too.

I have the Stillen airbox but like the JWT popcharger with velocity stack way better than the STILLEN version, so I'm using that.

I measured intake temps to be 10-15* over ambient - which is right about the same as stock. But, I also heat shield wrapped my intake tubing and airbox.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
There is: R2C has a good intake box, STILLEN airbox works well too.

I have the Stillen airbox but like the JWT popcharger with velocity stack way better than the STILLEN version, so I'm using that.

I measured intake temps to be 10-15* over ambient - which is right about the same as stock. But, I also heat shield wrapped my intake tubing and airbox.
You mean one of the two G35 intakes listed on the site?

http://www.r2cperformance.com/perfor...r-filters.html

It's still way too exposed.

If someone closed up the holes in the Stillen box, ran the the JWT popcharger with the Stillen box, and tried to get decent airflow considering the points where the stock intake draws air, it would be a good intake. I wish Motordyne was able to follow through on making an intake.

My plastic Z-tube gets hot. It's surprising how hot it gets, and I cannot imagine what it would be like if it was metal, and the filter was exposed to hot engine bay air. When Ford does a performance package and sticks a high flow intake in the Mustang engine bay, it's always sealed well, and made of plastic. Why can't someone come up with something similar for our cars. Maybe it's b/c the G35 can draw air from behind the headlight? Idk...

Old 07-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Does the temperature of the tube really even matter? I would assume it passes through the tube so quickly that its material would hardly matter

Old 08-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just for reference, I was running a Ztube/Popcharger for the last 2 years and recently picked up an Injen CAI from a buddy of mine, and I didn't notice a damn difference in my IAT's. I am debating going back to the old setup or maybe heat wrapping the Injen.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Reidonly
Just for reference, I was running a Ztube/Popcharger for the last 2 years and recently picked up an Injen CAI from a buddy of mine, and I didn't notice a damn difference in my IAT's. I am debating going back to the old setup or maybe heat wrapping the Injen.
Thanks! Sounds like I need to throw that crap out!

Old 08-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That exhaust is definitely not true dual.. Get as nerdy as you want about it but its not a TRUE dual. It merges into 1 pipe then back out to 2 pipes making it a dual. Not a TRUE dual.

Stillen X pipe is an incredible piece of exhaust for this car.. People need to use it.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Reidonly
With just the JWT pop charger and heat shield you have a lot of heat soak still. The stillen airbox does a good job sealing out the heat. Heat wrap it also, and you'll keep better air temps all the way through.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
With just the JWT pop charger and heat shield you have a lot of heat soak still. The stillen airbox does a good job sealing out the heat. Heat wrap it also, and you'll keep better air temps all the way through.
With both the Popcharger/Ztube combo and the Injen, my intake temps were 10-15 degrees above ambient, depending on if the car was moving or in slow traffic. Going from the Popcharger to the full CAI didn't improve my IATs in any noticeable amount.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Enjoy the vid

Old 08-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
That minivan sounded hawt! j/k man, nice vid.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
nice video for sure!!

From your first post you said that the stock g dynos around 240 hp? If your only making 20 hp with all those mods, then it seems kinda low doesnt it?

)Im talking from what i read and saw from other experiments) But the mrev + spacer should be around 15hp itself shouldnt it?

Old 08-07-2010, 01:47 PM
unless he got a baseline that day, I dont think the stock dyno matters.
The mrev combo should yield some good hp, maybe not 15+ peak. Also adding mods doesn't just keep adding and adding hp.
for example: Mrev combo adds 15hp to a stock car and an exhaust adds 10hp to a stock car. If you paired the mods together mrev combo and exhaust you may only yield 20hp instead of 25hp. Mods dont add like 15hp+10hp+ etc + etc = 350HP !!!

Old 08-07-2010, 01:52 PM
And the video is excellent. Lots of different angles and good fly-bys. and how did you get the shot where your behind the camera and u kept creeping up really close?? Lol was it a motorcylce?

Old 08-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Gnightsedan
unless he got a baseline that day, I dont think the stock dyno matters.
The mrev combo should yield some good hp, maybe not 15+ peak. Also adding mods doesn't just keep adding and adding hp.
for example: Mrev combo adds 15hp to a stock car and an exhaust adds 10hp to a stock car. If you paired the mods together mrev combo and exhaust you may only yield 20hp instead of 25hp. Mods dont add like 15hp+10hp+ etc + etc = 350HP !!!
Thats more likely correct.

One guy drove a WRX hatchback so the cam man popped the hatch and set hit *** in the back seat lol. Those creep-ups were in 2nd gear starting at 2k R's.... Should have just done a 1st gear but than again didn't want to spin out or hit a friends ride..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Only got 260whp and 255tq. Seems a little low to me...