Installed Hypertech Max Energy Sport Power Programmer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 03:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm returning to the states after a 3 yr international job. Is there anyone in the SLC area that can advise/install the programmer? I have the same car, why are you selling it?

Old 08-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ddpack
I'm returning to the states after a 3 yr international job. Is there anyone in the SLC area that can advise/install the programmer? I have the same car, why are you selling it?
You don't need anyone to install it for you. It takes 10 mins and it walks you through all te steps.

I sold it because I decided to go a different route. It was a good bargain for the money though.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Well, I popped for mine......Hypertech. Will be installing it this weekend. There may be many of you who can't tell a minor improvement in the performance of a car. I can, my dad raced for FoMoCo in the 60's and I also drag raced extensively in the 60's- 70's. I will give everyone a shout after it's installed........

Old 10-12-2012, 06:29 AM
I installed the tune with the HyperTech with no issues other than having to find a friend with Windows XP in order to do the software update it required. Doesn't work with Windows 7 which I find curious because Windows 8 is already out. The car is definitely faster. As was said previously, the elimination of the 0-60 limiter seemed to be the most noticeable in seat of the pants driving. The car also definitely feels a little stronger overall. I power braked the car a minimal amount at a light and it snapped my head back, no small feat with a G35x. After driving one weekend, I'm pleased with my purchase. Will do a few 0-60 passes this weekend.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by kevkno
I recently bought the Hypertech Power Programmer from 03BaseSedan. I've been running with it for a little over a week now. I have a 2005 G35 sedan 5AT with NO mods......only a K/N filter in the stock airbox.

Little bit of background about me.....I have a bit of of experience with modifying cars. I went crazy on a 91 Mustang 5.0 and pretty much changed out the entire drivetrain back in 1999/2000. Engine, cam, heads, intake, headers, cats, transmission....you name it. I bought a lot of the parts used (on a forum a lot like this one) and a friend with a garage helped me and taught me a lot.

I mention all of this because I know what it's like to spend time, effort, and money on parts only to realize minimal gains. Some people think just add intake (13hp), exhaust (18hp), pulley set (10hp) throttle body (5).....add 'em up and VOILA....I have 46hp now. Wish it was that simple but real hp doesn't come easy. After my experience with the 5.0 I vowed never to let the "mod-bug" take hold again.

I say all this to assure everyone that I'm not new at this and if I write that I feel an improvement in performance it's not in my head...it's real.

The Hypertech Power Programmer is a REAL improvement for a stock sedan. I am very happy with it. The car revs faster, at full throttle the 5AT hold the gears a bit longer and when it shifts it pushes me back in my seat a bit. It never did that before. When cruising around, you mash the pedal and it jumps down a couple of gears and really presses you in the seat. There is definitely more of an aggressive sense of urgency with the car. Hit the pedal and it just wants to GO...NOW. I think the gas mileage is about the same but I've been flooring it so much with this tank that I'm definitely burning through it faster than I normally would. Just been having too much fun, passing at every opportunity to see what it would do. It's a lot more fun to drive now. Since I bought this used (lot less than new) I think this is a pretty much the best bang for the buck mod you can do. Thanks 03BaseSedan.
Kevkno (or anyone else with an answer). Your appraisal of the effectiveness of the Hyptertech Sport Programmer is encouraging, since I just ordered one myself for my '06 Coupe. The installation looks pretty straightforward, but one item in the manual has me concerned. It says one MUST remove the fuse from a satellite radio before reprogramming. I do have a sat radio, installed by the dealer and integrated into the OEM radio/CD player. Do I need to do anything special before reprogramming? I certainly don't want to fry my stereo! Thanks, all. ..Steve

Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From my expirence it dose make a diffrance I dive an 04 coupe 5at I couldnt rilly feel too much of a diffrance when I first installed it the car feels just abt the same the only place I noticed it was when I raced a week befor I installed it I raced my buddys 07 mustang gt he took me by abt 2 1/2 cars the week after I installed the programer we ran again and this time I took him by 1/2 a car ! The conditions were all abt the same no other mods done to my car also raced a Chrysler 300c that had previously beat me and allso took him this time.

The following users liked this post:
sgreco56 (12-01-2012)
Old 11-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Kevkno and TeamAmigosG35,
Thanks very much for your input. Hearing from two guys who have "been there done that" helps a lot. What is your collective opinion on modifying the red line limit? Of all the mods that the Hypertech can do, that is the one that scares me the most. Last thing I want to do is blow up my engine! lol I appreciate your insights.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Thats the thing it only lets u (-) 500 so that means u can keep it at stock 6500 or go down to 6000 in incraments of 100 the biggest upside is the 0-60 limmiter removal but overall it dosent give you a lot if options its just the 0-60removal limiter -500 speed 25-155mph and aftermarket intake and thats it rilly easy install

sgreco56 (12-01-2012)
Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I did experiment with the rev limiter for a while but I noticed that the car was doing wierd things at the new limit. It would hesitate and sputter at high rpm. Almost like there was some sort of conflict and it really wasn't accepting the new limit. Changed it back to stock and I could go up to the redline all day long, smooth with no problems. I don't mess with that feature anymore.

sgreco56 (01-23-2013)
Old 08-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by djamps
Without a dyno before/after anything you tell us about this product is subjective.
I ran 1/8 on stock and ran a 9.75 and came around and programmed my car using hypertech and my next pass was 9.25....id say its def worth the money...thats almost half a second....

sgreco56 (08-11-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 08:23 AM
For what it's worth, after more than 6 months of using the Hypertech tuning, I have absolutely no complaints and lots of praise. However, if you have a weak battery, you might have problems doing the install--it seems to use a lot of juice in the process.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by sgreco56
For what it's worth, after more than 6 months of using the Hypertech tuning, I have absolutely no complaints and lots of praise. However, if you have a weak battery, you might have problems doing the install--it seems to use a lot of juice in the process.
Have you see some gain in MPG?

Old 11-29-2013, 10:46 AM
Labidus, I haven't really noticed any significant improvement in MPG, probably because most of my driving is in stop and go traffic. I did see a moderate power increase though. Exercising that power is not very good for MPG, which might explain why I didn't see any change.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by sgreco56
Labidus, I haven't really noticed any significant improvement in MPG, probably because most of my driving is in stop and go traffic. I did see a moderate power increase though. Exercising that power is not very good for MPG, which might explain why I didn't see any change.
I understand that

I try to see what I can do to increase my MPG because my G35 use to much fuel and I drive like a grand ma (90% of the time)

I will try this ship mod in few month, I am trying other stuff, once I sorted out the good stuff I will put a new thread to increase MPG for all

Since I am currently doing around 13.5MPG, my objective is to increase this ridiculous result to something like 20, then will try stuff to continue to upgrade my MPG

Old 11-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
Sorry for the newb question but I have an 05 coupe. Anyone used this on an 05 coupe with good results?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed Hypertech Max Energy Sport Power Programmer