Adaptive ECU will be the death of me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Adaptive ECU will be the death of me

Don't get me wrong. I love my G (2007 G35 Coupe 6MT...completely stock..VQ35DE i believe). But this adaptive "learning" ECU business is driving me crazy. I am very much a noob so bear please bear with me. This originally began when I noticed my G was sluggish. I had the ecu reset and started flooring it and noticed the performance increase. My G35 is my everyday driver so I end up in a lot of situations where I "have to" go slow and my G "learns" this. Is there any way for me to get full power when I want it and fuel economy/effeciency when I want it with out having to train my G?

From my thread research it looks my only (low cost) option is piggybacking the ecu with Cobb, Bully Dog, Uprev or Hypertech. Is piggybacking my only option? I am not planning on modding the car any time soon (unfortunately) so I would like to know what my options are for getting max stock ecu performance . Any input is appreciated.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The ecu will learn your driving style but to my knowledge it will not stop performance. It will drive slow if everyday you drive slow for gas consumption but at any time you floor or push harder on the pedal it will go faster. I don't think a tune will stop the relearn. I know plenty of ppl that have your car or other with this ecu. If you push harder then it will go faster. Don't take offense I think it is all in your head because you know of this feature. Where do you live? Too hot can cause low performance. I live in NY the weather always changes my car runs hard at night (temp drop).it runs kinda slugish when it's to hott.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in NJ so my weather is similar. I'll try to pay more attention to see if the conditions are effecting it. Right now it's blazing hot but the car has still been peppy. In the mean time have you had any experience with any piggyback devices? Thanks again.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
You can get a uprev tune there has been gains on a stock car or you can someone bump your timing 2* with cipher or a consult. Where are you in NJ?

I have my cipher cable, but I'm in turnersville for a couple of hrs before going back to bmore today.