New UpRev Osiris ARC Features - 2-Step, Flatfoot shifting, etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 10:19 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 808HerbzG35
Now that I flash my uprev tuned ECU with ARC, where in the ROM Editor I can find ARC features that I can toggle turn ON and OFF? I haven't experienced any ARC features yet. Did I missed/skipped an important step somewhere? Please advise.
We have to pay an extra $100 for this feature.

http://uprev.com/secure/store/uprev-a-r-c

Old 08-31-2017, 10:34 PM
Premier Member

Received 418 Likes on 336 Posts
I can help anyone out with the ARC upgrade if they're interested, just shoot me a PM ^^

Old 09-01-2017, 12:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by seymore4
You need to get ahold of whoever did the tune for your car and have them enable the ARC features in the tune. Uprev will sell you the license, but if they did not tune your car they can't enable the features. That is an aspect of the tune that needs to be adjusted.

For anyone with the tuner version, to enable the ARC features first download a fresh copy of your rom file from Uprev. You will see the ARC toggles when you open it in rom editor.

The ARC license will stay on the reflash cable until you relfash the ECU with a rom that has the ARC features turned on... if you don't turn them ON then reflash the ECU the ARC license will remain on your cable and the features will not work.

When you turn ON the ARC toggles then reflash the ECU, the ARC license will be transferred to the ECU, the features will be activated, and it will now show up as "ARC flashed ECU" in rom editor.

Likewise if you reflash the ECU again with a rom that has the ARC toggles turned OFF it will unmarry the ARC license and return it to your cable.
So basically I accidentally skipped a an important step somewhere in between the ARC flashing procedure? Dead end for me until I drop another $100 for fresh new ARC license?

Old 09-01-2017, 01:17 AM
Premier Member

If you paid for the ARC license then you have it and don't need to buy another one. Who did your tuning?

Old 09-01-2017, 01:42 AM
Dustin done the tune. ...and also I just checked and confirmed while stopped; press the clutch, put car in gear and gas it at 3K RPM and find cruise toggle no response for the ARC's RPM volume feature. However I'm able to switch between the ol UpRev tuned maps [1.Stock 2. TUNED, & 3. Economy] modes. Weird right?

Old 09-01-2017, 02:19 AM
Premier Member

Dustin done the tune. ...and also I just checked and confirmed while stopped; press the clutch, put car in gear and gas it at 3K RPM and find cruise toggle no response for the ARC's RPM volume feature. However I'm able to switch between the ol UpRev tuned maps [1.Stock 2. TUNED, & 3. Economy] modes. Weird right?
You need to contact your tuner and have them activate the ARC features in your tune

Old 09-01-2017, 09:58 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
So does the RPM hold at 3K? If so, ARC launch control is working. It should sound like the beginning of the videos I posted above.

I guess an easy test to verify ARC features are activated is to find a stretch of road, down shift so your RPMS are above 3k, floor the gas, then hold down the cancel button on your steering wheel. If the car "stutters" then the anti-lag is working and your ARC features are activated.

Did you purchase the ARC features and e-tune at the same time? You had to flash something in order for your ECU to show that it's ARC enabled. As mentioned in email, your ROM file is password protected, so you need to reach out to your tuner directly and have them verify ARC toggles are turned on.

Likewise if you reflash the ECU again with a rom that has the ARC toggles turned OFF it will unmarry the ARC license and return it to your cable.
Wonder if that's a new behavior, I'm going to test it later. I was playing around with adjusting my tune offline and saved it as a new file, I later realized ARC features were off, but my ECU still showed as "ARC flashed ECU". This was when Uprev let me know that I needed to be connected to my car so that RomEditor knew that I had an ARC license and allowed me to toggle the settings in the new ROM file.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:05 AM
I dig through my emails from last year March and find it was a different uprev personnel who did my e-tune, Randy. Dustin provided and send my recent ARC ROM files who now advised me to e-mail and ask Randy concerning my ARC toggles needs to be turned on. ...ill try that CANCEL button while down shift on high RPMs technic today... Thanks.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:20 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by LoSt180
Wonder if that's a new behavior, I'm going to test it later. I was playing around with adjusting my tune offline and saved it as a new file, I later realized ARC features were off, but my ECU still showed as "ARC flashed ECU". This was when Uprev let me know that I needed to be connected to my car so that RomEditor knew that I had an ARC license and allowed me to toggle the settings in the new ROM file.
They must have have updated the software since you got it. I know there were some technical issues and growing pains in the beginning

As of right now you do not need to be connected to access it, just have tuner version.

The following 2 users liked this post by seymore4:
joeb1983 (09-01-2017), LoSt180 (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
G35
Just out of curiosity, is the 2-step a dedicated ignition cut or fuel cut like the valet?

I see on UpRev's site it mentions the base ROM is set to -10 degrees BTDC and that you can adjust the Launch Fuel Compensation...

With that said, is it a hybrid of the two?

John at Z1 said he actually didn't know and texted them, but no reply...

Let me know what you guys know.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:10 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
They must have have updated the software since you got it. I know there were some technical issues and growing pains in the beginning

As of right now you do not need to be connected to access it, just have tuner version.
Can confirm, toggling ARC features off in the ROM file will "refund" the ARC license to the cable. However, if the ARC license is on my ECU, I can't toggle the features on or off without being connected to my car. Not a big deal, just something to remember if checking logs and adjusting tune from my couch.

That said, @808HerbzG35 must have ARC features on his car, otherwise it would just say "Uprev flashed ECU" instead of "ARC flashed ECU". Just takes a few tries to figure it all out.

Here's the toggles when connected to my car:

Originally Posted by joeb1983
Just out of curiosity, is the 2-step a dedicated ignition cut or fuel cut like the valet?

I see on UpRev's site it mentions the base ROM is set to -10 degrees BTDC and that you can adjust the Launch Fuel Compensation...

With that said, is it a hybrid of the two?

John at Z1 said he actually didn't know and texted them, but no reply...

Let me know what you guys know.
Not really sure if it's fuel, ignition or throttle cut. The base timing and fuel compensation is all adjustable though.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by LoSt180
However, if the ARC license is on my ECU, I can't toggle the features on or off without being connected to my car. Not a big deal, just something to remember if checking logs and adjusting tune from my couch.
I wonder if there's a difference between the pro and end user software. I am able to do everything without being connected to the car..

Old 09-01-2017, 11:20 PM
What are my chances turning on toogle switches myself if I upgrade from my uprev standard to tuner for another $275?

Old 09-01-2017, 11:51 PM
Premier Member

You could, however you would either need to get an unlocked copy of your tune (uprev locks all etune files) or start over with your own tune.

PM me if you do want to upgrade ^^

Old 09-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Cool, as long I get to keep and turn on and use my ARC. But stand by, let's wait for Randy of Uprev's response.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.