New UpRev Osiris ARC Features - 2-Step, Flatfoot shifting, etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 10:32 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
New UpRev Osiris ARC Features - 2-Step, Flatfoot shifting, etc

Saw this on Z1 Motorsports' Facebook page recently, looks like I have a reason to dig out my UpRev cable..

Uprev has now released the ARC features for the VQ35 RevUp.
350Z and G35 RevUp available now.
2-Step Launch Control(MT only)
Flatfoot Shifting(MT only)
Rolling Anti-lag/Roll Race Launch(AT/MT)
Burn Out Mod(no need to cut wires or add switches for power braking)
Facebook Post

From the UpRev website, the ARC features are an extra $100 license:
The Osiris ARC(Advanced Racing Controls) License will enable 2-Step(MT), Flatfoot Shifting(MT), Rolling Anti-lag(AT,MT) and Burn-out Mod(MT,AT). ARC support is currently available for 2008 and later 370Z and G37, VQ35RevUp.

The wait is over! 2-Step Launch Control, Flat-foot Shifting, and Rolling Anti-lag will be available for download on Monday, September 12 with the release of the new ARC License. There are a few things you will need to know to activate and adjust the settings of the ARC features.

Each ARC feature will have a toggle that you can turn ON and OFF in the ROM Editor, these will become visible only once you have obtained one of new ARC License. 2-Step Launch Control and Flat-foot Shifting are exclusively for manual transmissions, but the Rolling Anti-lag will work even for the automatics. Below is a description of each feature and how to make fine adjustments to them.

Before you activate the ARC features, be sure to update your software and download a fresh ROM file for yourself as the patches have been modified quite a bit.
Anybody had a chance to play with it yet?

Old 11-14-2016, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
I've seen the development videos and it looked pretty cool. Nice to see they didn't forget about their guys who still drove their G and 350Z's!

For a track G this looks amazing.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Premier Member

Received 418 Likes on 336 Posts
I've used them on a couple 370's, pretty cool stuff.. If you download a fresh rom and open it up you will see the new controls, but won't be able to flash a rom with them enabled until you get the ARC license

Old 11-14-2016, 10:16 PM
Premier Member

So is there any way to extract the current Osiris ROM from my ECU? I have a tuner cable, and the original baseline ROM that seymore4 provided nearly 3 years ago. However, my car was dyno tuned about 2.5 years ago.
Osiris is saying I need to update the ROM on my car, but I'm afraid that if I flash the new baseline ROM from UpRev, then it'll delete my tune.
Real time tuning is disabled due to ROM on car being "old" so I can't even export RAM to a map slot and copy the data to the new baseline that way.

Waiting to purchase an ARC license until I figure out how to extract the tune parameters.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:26 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by LoSt180
So is there any way to extract the current Osiris ROM from my ECU?
No there is not. You would need to get a copy of it from whoever dyno tuned it, then copy the tune parameters into a freshly downloaded rom from Uprev.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:47 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by seymore4
No there is not. You would need to get a copy of it from whoever dyno tuned it, then copy the tune parameters into a freshly downloaded rom from Uprev.
Darn, sent an email to the tuner, hopefully they still have a copy after all these years and are willing to send it. Offered to purchase the ARC license from them if they supplied the ROM file, hopefully enough of an incentive.

Kinda wish I didn't update the Uprev software on the PC now.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Premier Member

Thanks seymore4 for the license. I'm working with my shop tuner to etune my car since the original ROM files were lost; computer upgrades, lost the old files, yada yada.

Only have one in-car video on Instagram of launch control in action.

View this post on Instagram

Flat-foot shifting is probably the most useful for spirited "street" driving, and it took me a few tries to actually trust it. Had to unlearn habits from nearly 20 years of driving a manual.

Of course, I went off and did one too many hard launches and now my factory clutch is slipping. Only slips on hard launches, can get around town just fine.

Need a new clutch and for my rear tires to go bald before I try out the burnout mode!

The following users liked this post:
seymore4 (12-07-2016)
Old 12-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Premier Member

Takes a little getting used to but it is pretty cool!

Old 08-31-2017, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help

Now that I flash my uprev tuned ECU with ARC, where in the ROM Editor I can find ARC features that I can toggle turn ON and OFF? I haven't experienced any ARC features yet. Did I missed/skipped an important step somewhere? Please advise.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:59 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 808HerbzG35
Now that I flash my uprev tuned ECU with ARC, where in the ROM Editor I can find ARC features that I can toggle turn ON and OFF? I haven't experienced any ARC features yet. Did I missed/skipped an important step somewhere? Please advise.
Once your ECU is flashed, you have to have the cable plugged into your ECU in order to toggle ARC features. When you connect to your ECU, it should show as an "ARC Enabled ECU".

Basically connect to ECU, turn key on but don't start.
Then open up a ROM file to edit.
There should now be another section called "ARC Toggles".
Turn on/off whatever, save, then flash to the car.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:02 PM
Premier Member

Oh, got a few other vids since my first one.

Launch control:
View this post on Instagram

Glorious Burnout:

The following 2 users liked this post by LoSt180:
ErikNYC (08-31-2017), seymore4 (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 02:58 PM
I just tried; Any other advice?

Old 08-31-2017, 03:38 PM
Premier Member

I just tried; Any other advice?
Oh, you need a Tuner license to edit ROM files. Shoot me a PM, I might be able to toggle the settings on for you. Otherwise, whoever sold you the ARC license and did your e-tunes should be able to toggle the settings for you.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
Oh, you need a Tuner license to edit ROM files. Shoot me a PM, I might be able to toggle the settings on for you. Otherwise, whoever sold you the ARC license and did your e-tunes should be able to toggle the settings for you.
it was directly from uprev personels.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:54 PM
Premier Member

it was directly from uprev personels.
You need to get ahold of whoever did the tune for your car and have them enable the ARC features in the tune. Uprev will sell you the license, but if they did not tune your car they can't enable the features. That is an aspect of the tune that needs to be adjusted.

For anyone with the tuner version, to enable the ARC features first download a fresh copy of your rom file from Uprev. You will see the ARC toggles when you open it in rom editor.

The ARC license will stay on the reflash cable until you relfash the ECU with a rom that has the ARC features turned on... if you don't turn them ON then reflash the ECU the ARC license will remain on your cable and the features will not work.

When you turn ON the ARC toggles then reflash the ECU, the ARC license will be transferred to the ECU, the features will be activated, and it will now show up as "ARC flashed ECU" in rom editor.

Likewise if you reflash the ECU again with a rom that has the ARC toggles turned OFF it will unmarry the ARC license and return it to your cable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.