06 6MT Uprev Tune N/A goodness!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
06 6MT Uprev Tune N/A goodness!

Hi all!

Finally got a chance to get my car tuned after throwing a handful of bolt-ons at the car.
I was able to get tuned by Rob at Z Car Garage in San Jose,CA.
The G did very well for the parts that I have installed imo!

The car was able to put down 275hp/260tq which was quite a bit more than what I was expecting.

Mods:
K&N short ram intake
Megan Racing resonated test pipes
eBay HKS replica exhaust (tube resonators deleted)
Maganflow resonated X pipe (welded in place of tube resonators)
17lb lightened flywheel

Old 11-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Premier Member

Received 417 Likes on 336 Posts
Did you spring for the ARC upgrade as well? Very fun stuff

Old 11-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
That's a lot

So I should expect better numbers since I have more bolts On? Lol

Old 11-02-2017, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by seymore4
Did you spring for the ARC upgrade as well? Very fun stuff
Ah, i did not get the ARC upgrade. I can't really make use of any of the functions since I dont do drag lol. the flatfoot shifting sounds cool though!

Old 11-02-2017, 04:43 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
Originally Posted by calvinc
Ah, i did not get the ARC upgrade. I can't really make use of any of the functions since I dont do drag lol. the flatfoot shifting sounds cool though!
What are you granpa? you need to have the ARC feature and be a TOT once in a while, it is a good way of releasing stress after work or when your wife/gf is mad at you for spending all that $$ on car parts!

Good numbers though, I am surprised you did not opt-in for mrev2 and spacer.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Edgarc6789
That's a lot

So I should expect better numbers since I have more bolts On? Lol
Possibly, I didn't even have the MREV2 and spacer. Although i do have a fresh shortblock installed by the dealer under extended warranty. So my internals and bottom end only has about 30k miles on them (better compression maybe?).

Last edited by calvinc; 11-02-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by deeliciousqueen
What are you granpa? you need to have the ARC feature and be a TOT once in a while, it is a good way of releasing stress after work or when your wife/gf is mad at you for spending all that $$ on car parts!

Good numbers though, I am surprised you did not opt-in for mrev2 and spacer.

Hahaha i prefer to release stress by ripping it through the mountain pass ! I didn't want to drop money for the MREV2 and spacer because i'm a total cheapass. My current exhaust/ test pipe setup only ran me $550 including the cutting and welding of magnaflow X-pipe lol. I might be able to squeeze out another 8-10whp if i had those upgrades on the intake side though!

Old 11-02-2017, 05:31 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
It's not just the peak HP though it's that 20ish torque in the midrange thats the biggest gains from the MREV2 and spacer.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:31 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
How does the exhaust sound?

Old 10-25-2018, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by The-Dream
How does the exhaust sound?
Exhaust sounds great anywhere in the RPM range! the magnaflow X pipe was crucial in removing all the rasp that test pipes brought in. The tone is very roar-y and not deep/burbly with your typical "VQ" sound that the stock exhaust seems to produce.
However, it gets LOUD any time you remove the cats and have straight through mufflers, so it might not be the best idea if you commute with the car a lot. This setup also droned around the 2500-2800 rpm range if you're crusing in 6th and load the engine up with throttle. Anywhere after 3000 rpm it is drone free. hope this helps!

Old 10-25-2018, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by calvinc
Exhaust sounds great anywhere in the RPM range! the magnaflow X pipe was crucial in removing all the rasp that test pipes brought in. The tone is very roar-y and not deep/burbly with your typical "VQ" sound that the stock exhaust seems to produce.
However, it gets LOUD any time you remove the cats and have straight through mufflers, so it might not be the best idea if you commute with the car a lot. This setup also droned around the 2500-2800 rpm range if you're crusing in 6th and load the engine up with throttle. Anywhere after 3000 rpm it is drone free. hope this helps!
I'm tempted by the eBay exhaust. This definitely helped. How is the build quality?

Old 10-25-2018, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by The-Dream
I'm tempted by the eBay exhaust. This definitely helped. How is the build quality?
Quality is a crap shoot. many people have reported theirs fitting just fine, but mine had absolute poop fitment at the tips. Couldn't get the tips to align straight, so I ended up chopping off the tacky single walled tips and welded on nicer looking tips that dont turn brown over time. The exhaust fit fine under the car, the tips just cant line up correctly, so welding on new tips was an easy fix. $40 to weld at local muffler shop.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:51 PM
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Not to burst bubbles here BUT to be putting down to the wheels damn near what the car makes at the flywheel with remedial-at-best bolt on's ain't gonna happen. Does anyone think they're going to make up for the approx 18% drive train loss with test pipes and a k&n intake? Come on guys. The tuner is lying via the settings on the dyno.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by onevq35de
Not to burst bubbles here BUT to be putting down to the wheels damn near what the car makes at the flywheel with remedial-at-best bolt on's ain't gonna happen. Does anyone think they're going to make up for the approx 18% drive train loss with test pipes and a k&n intake? Come on guys. The tuner is lying via the settings on the dyno.
​​​​​​No bubbles to be burst. Tuning was done at Z car garage here in San Jose, CA maybe the 65F temp and sea level has a little to do with it. What parts do you have and what kind of power are you putting down? Rev up motors typically Dyno around 245whp on Rob's dynojet here. So my gains were just 30whp putting me at 275 which is nowhere near 298 crank that you're blowing this up to be. Speed Academy has documented their process of nearly a 40whp gain with basic bolt on and good tuning.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:28 PM
Awesome gains! A tune can do a lot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.