UTEC by Turbo XS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason kiDD
Just a few questions..

Does the Utech allow for automatic tuning via A/F inputs or will I have to be changing maps with every change of the weather, etc...

Do you know off hand how many tuning points the Emanage Ultimate utilizes.. Thanks..
The UTEC will be able to make the needed correctiones based on atmospheric conditions same as the factory ECM. As far as the Emanage, I am not 100% sure on how many points.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
The UTEC will be able to make the needed correctiones based on atmospheric conditions same as the factory ECM. As far as the Emanage, I am not 100% sure on how many points.
Thanks and I assume it has no issues with the 05 computers..

Old 11-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Jason kiDD
Thanks and I assume it has no issues with the 05 computers..
Nope.

Old 11-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Well we finally got the car back and it feels silly fast! I spent the day at Turbo XS with Jermaine as he tuned my car Friday.We got it up to 524 WHP and 503 Tq with awsome drivability. We kept the tune on the conservative side as I was unsure how much power the unsleeved block would take so we did not want to risk it. We took the car to the track on Sunday and Split our axle in half on the driver side.. We fixed it and will be doing some road testing and data logging over the next few days..oh the 524 was on 108 octane..

Last edited by Julian; 01-14-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the numbers, I plan on purchasing this for my APS TT when it becomes available. Will you have maps availab le for the APS TT kit since you are already tuning one?

Old 11-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Do you have the A/F graph as well? That **** is outta control! Now how much power can the APS turbos safely deliver without goin boom?

Sorry to hear about ur AXLE - Did you at least get one pass down or did it snap on the first run?

Old 11-14-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
Do you have the A/F graph as well? That **** is outta control! Now how much power can the APS turbos safely deliver without goin boom?

Sorry to hear about ur AXLE - Did you at least get one pass down or did it snap on the first run?
We will have maps for turbo cars,however they are meant to be only a platform in which to tune from since every car will slightly differ a bit. That is the problem with a reflash,which is somewhat generic unless done on the dyno with the car. We managed to get one crappy pass with a 12.78@119 this was a roll off the line missing second gear,I am a very bad driver.. We feel the car will trap at 122 and higher once we launch it right Were gonna give it one more shot Wed, night if it doesnt rain..

Old 11-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Well we finally got the car back and it feels silly fast! I spent the day at Turbo XS with Jermaine as he tuned my car Friday.We got it up to 524 WHP and 503 Tq with awsome drivability. We kept the tune on the conservative side as I was unsure how much power the unsleeved block would take so we did not want to risk it. We took the car to the track on Sunday and Split our axle in half on the driver side.. We fixed it and will be doing some road testing and data logging over the next few days..oh the 524 was on 108 octane..

very nice gains from when you had the unichip. how much boost are you running for these numbers? what kind of boost controller are you using?

Old 11-15-2005, 12:54 AM
Anyone who compares a uni-chip to a utec is nuts...The tecs are really nice...I bet in a year or so the hydra will show up for this motor too....

But the utec is a really neat system. You can set it up so that at XXXrpm range the stock ecu is handling the job, and at idle and stuff like that so you never need to make that sort of adjustment.

But as far as temperature goes my utec wrx was not able to adapt to temperature differences. The stock ecu handled idle and stuff like that but it was up to me to keep from popping the motor due to it being colder and hte car making ALOT more boost. I just had to keep the boost down but that is on a highly modded FI car not a NA tune so I'm not sure how important really those sort of things would be..

BUT basically you can log everything for yourself, and at least on the wrx the car would flash the CEL at you when it detected knock...VERY cool feature...And you get a buddy in your car and you can log the car in realtime to make sure that everything is running strong. The boys at txs were never ones to brag about unsafe tunes to make XXXXhp over the other shop. They were all about driveabilty and safety. Really the only thing you MAY need to think about getting re-tuned for is what grade of gas you have to take advantage of slightly more or less timing depending on how lucky you are.

And some people I believe were toying with the idea of a reflash and the utec for a subie. Since it is essentially a piggy back you can eliminate or alter the little quirks you can't get to with the utec to make everything flow together more smooth transition from the stock ecu to the utec map values.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:01 AM
... We have done several G35's that put out about 410-430 whp and thats just fine for 99.999999% of people out there...Its that .000001% we worry about
That's me.

BTW, I went ahead and scheduled that meet for you since Clockwork was not 'right on it' . It's in Florida, November 19th 2005 at DeLeon Springs State Park and we'll have ~50 or so G's there. Several with built motors and over a dozen with FI. It should be a hoot. See you there? haha

Old 11-18-2005, 10:39 AM
As far as I know the WRX used a Mass Air Flow Sensor. A Mass Air Flow Sensor takes into account the added airflow. These sensors usually output a signal of 0 to 5v that is calibrated to grams of air. The more air you flow because of Air density the richer the afr target will be chosen from the WRX Fuelling background map. I would highly suspect the winter gas blends to be more of a culprit rather than blaming a PEMS Solution. Especially with these reformulated Ethanol Blends that are used in the winter. The ability to add additional Temperature compensations are available in the UTEC.

I have played with both so far and the Z UTEC is all new hotness. The guys at TXS have been saying this profusely. I tend to agree.

Old 11-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Gman2004
very nice gains from when you had the unichip. how much boost are you running for these numbers? what kind of boost controller are you using?
plus one on the boost! what psi

Old 11-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by paranormal
plus one on the boost! what psi
93 octane we ran 14.7 psi and on 108 we ran 16.5 psi.The APs turbos seem to die at 16 psi.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:16 PM
93 octane at 14 psi sounds about where i would like to be!

Old 11-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by paranormal
93 octane at 14 psi sounds about where i would like to be!
It is a fun place to be,trust me..I just trapped at 122mph in the 1/4 mile

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UTEC by Turbo XS