how do i flash my ecu

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2005 | 05:15 PM
|
how do i flash my ecu

I'd like to flash my ecu-- just brought the car home-- ill post everything later...

anyone gota link to how to flash your ecu, or know how off the top of their head!? thanks

Old 12-15-2005 | 05:36 PM
First get completed naked. Wrap yourself in a towel or overcoat. Hop in the passenger's seat and flash away! JK

What mods do you have? Sometimes it pays to reflash the ecu and other times it doesn't.

To my knowledge, only 2 companies can reflash our ECU. Altered Atmosphere in MD or Technosquare in CA.

The other option is to use the new UTEC piggy back unit which will be slightly more $$ upfront, but cheaper in the long run if you add mods or change your set up!

Old 12-15-2005 | 06:20 PM
THE BATMOBILE
^ lol...........with plenum, high flow cats, and the stillen intake its def not wortht the Technosqaure. There are directions how to do it yourself by stepping on the gas and shiit.............but i wouldnt do that either.........just drive your car like it is and enjoy it

Old 12-15-2005 | 08:11 PM
|
Good deal-- thanks truplay

Old 12-15-2005 | 09:41 PM
why do say its not worth it. sorry i was just about to take my car there so i want to know why i shouldnt before i spend a crap load of money

Old 12-15-2005 | 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
First get completed naked. Wrap yourself in a towel or overcoat. Hop in the passenger's seat and flash away! JK

Old 12-15-2005 | 10:57 PM
flashing would not be worth it with little bolt on's like the traditional exhaust and intake set up... tuning should get to a point when you start getting into more major engine modifications and if UTEC is something your considering I would advise knowing something about tuning before you try and blow your engine messing with timing/fuel curve/a/f ratios and such... to tell you the truth I don't think this is worth it for a car being a daily driver inless this is only going to be a track car for you..

Been there.. done that.. alot of pain and headaches going through that with your daily driver plus you may have inspection issues..

Old 12-16-2005 | 12:10 AM
Why don't we have more tuners out there who understand the ECU? This is a bit ridiculous. Anybody who knows anything in the Subaru world doesn't use the UTEC hack stuff anymore, they simply get quality reflashes to take in to account larger injectors / different turbos / different sensors / etc.

Old 12-16-2005 | 12:31 AM
well best of all tunes is standalone.. flash cannot offer options as standalone does and again I say you should be somewhat experienced to be doing this.

A flash is great, I mean you really don't need anything more precise than one but if you keep modding why go for flash when your spending however much they charge everytime you keep modding to get it flashed again, and another point.. I don't think some people are comfortable with taking out there ECU and mailing it somewhere if they don't live close to a vendor.

I use to tune cars a little with S AFC and it's pretty basic but you need a whole load of things if your going to tune such as a pocket logger and guages to make sure your doing what your suppose to.

Flash is not bad, it's a lay back option and these topics have been talked over and over.. Flash vs Piggyback/Standalone.. basically if you want to just lay back and don't want to do no work on your own flash is your best option on the bad side if your going to keep modding you will need to flash the ECU each time.

I'm not a Subrwho hater or anything but in the Evo world variety of people go with flash and piggy back but just to know a flash has limits, we have not yet seen a 500whp+ Evo on the stock ECU, depending on your goals standalone is your best bet, don't know if they make them for the G35 tho... If you live near NJ and is into drag racing check out the Evo vs WRX shootout they have every year.. first year all the subaru's came home losers but this recent year..... one of them got to win

Last edited by 2Evolved; 12-16-2005 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-16-2005 | 01:38 AM
unless you're running headers or F/I, there's no real point to re-flash, except maybe to raise the redline and re-map the drive-by-wire

Old 12-16-2005 | 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by 2Evolved
well best of all tunes is standalone.. flash cannot offer options as standalone does and again I say you should be somewhat experienced to be doing this.

A flash is great, I mean you really don't need anything more precise than one but if you keep modding why go for flash when your spending however much they charge everytime you keep modding to get it flashed again, and another point.. I don't think some people are comfortable with taking out there ECU and mailing it somewhere if they don't live close to a vendor.

I use to tune cars a little with S AFC and it's pretty basic but you need a whole load of things if your going to tune such as a pocket logger and guages to make sure your doing what your suppose to.

Flash is not bad, it's a lay back option and these topics have been talked over and over.. Flash vs Piggyback/Standalone.. basically if you want to just lay back and don't want to do no work on your own flash is your best option on the bad side if your going to keep modding you will need to flash the ECU each time.

I'm not a Subrwho hater or anything but in the Evo world variety of people go with flash and piggy back but just to know a flash has limits, we have not yet seen a 500whp+ Evo on the stock ECU, depending on your goals standalone is your best bet, don't know if they make them for the G35 tho... If you live near NJ and is into drag racing check out the Evo vs WRX shootout they have every year.. first year all the subaru's came home losers but this recent year..... one of them got to win

How do you think the reflash tuners tune the car? They have similar tools (assuming the ECU code has been thoroughly reversed engineered) as that with a standalone system. What would be ideal is publically available software tools so we can tune and reflash our own ECUs. The problem is that those who know how to do this keep it secret. I wrote software like this for my last car (a GTI VR6), but that ECU was far simpler than that in G35 I suspect.

Old 12-16-2005 | 01:16 PM
I had a 90Talon that made 462 hp on a stock ECU.....well sorta (keydiver chip)

AFC, keydiver, logger, and egt gauge.

car pulled like a raped ape

Old 12-16-2005 | 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by evileagle
I had a 90Talon that made 462 hp on a stock ECU.....well sorta (keydiver chip)

AFC, keydiver, logger, and egt gauge.

car pulled like a raped ape
LOL.

I have the greddy twin turbo kit which comes with the greddy e-manage. I dont know if i am on the same page with this thread, but it seems the only reason that people get the ECU flashed with forced induction is because of the timing map issue.

Old 12-16-2005 | 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Mark350GT
LOL.

I have the greddy twin turbo kit which comes with the greddy e-manage. I dont know if i am on the same page with this thread, but it seems the only reason that people get the ECU flashed with forced induction is because of the timing map issue.
yea, yea, well I have a quasi boogalaroo turbo with a 500shot of naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawz

Old 12-16-2005 | 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by 99atlantic
yea, yea, well I have a quasi boogalaroo turbo with a 500shot of naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawz
nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how do i flash my ecu