Thank you for you input and comments.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do Nothing!! At This Point!!

Old 05-02-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
sorry gurgen but the utec is only a standalone for the fuel and timing with FORCED INDUCTION. if you use the UTEC naturally aspirated then it alters the signal coming from the MAF sensor to the computer.

that makes it a piggyback for fuel if you are NA.

Wow ....now that's definitely POOR!

Old 05-02-2006, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by dovla
Is it true that EU can alter AFR on individual cylinders while UTEC cant? This might be helpful to someone, like me, whose B2 is leaner than B1.
Funny you said that. My B2 is a little bit leaner than B1. I am trying to get t the bottom of this. Will be logging all 6 injector durations and see if the ECU is spittign out abnormal data. It is of course very possible that htis is indeed the case, since the ECU maintains two separate long term fuel trims for each descreet bank, hence if it happens to have different values for each, then the open loop AFRs are going ot be different.

Now... on to individual cylinder adjsutments. YES.... the eU has it, individual cylinder timing AND fueling. That is a HUGE advantage... and I neglected to mention it. EU also has the capability to convert from our MAF to another (since al the air flow meter curves are programmed into it); i personally have not tested this though. It has AT shift tuning, where it can adjsut timing during shifts...although not necessary for our cars, since the stock ecu already does a very good job of it.

eU also has intake temp correction, water temp correction, anti-engine stall (if you have wild cams, you can make sure the car doesn;t stall at idle rpms by enriching the afr), vehicle speed adjustment tables, 2-step rev limiter (launch control for MTs), control for 2 subinjectors, can control fans or relays (up to two-three total based on set conditions).

UTEC is at the end of the day a standalone though, so it is possible to setup a more consistent tune on a standalone, but that takes no less than 70-80 hours t get all the compensation tables correct that are already developed in the stock ecu.

gotta run..

Old 05-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Modded Member
Gurgen, your impressions make the EU seem much more desirable. I've almost crossed UniChip off my list (despite the fact that it is a set it and forget it upgrade).

Two questions:

1. Exactly how much work is required to splice the wires/connect the EU?

2. Any tuners in the San Francisco Bay Area who have experience with EU?

Old 05-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Gurgen, do you have an inside connection in regards to EU updates? Any info re: an ETA for the upgrade to allow the EU to have precise timing control?

Old 05-03-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by rcdash
Gurgen, do you have an inside connection in regards to EU updates? Any info re: an ETA for the upgrade to allow the EU to have precise timing control?
I can't really say, wanna respect ther confidence. But suffice it to say that it's going to be months (which is what's been reported on the boards of late).

I do have a connection with regard to firmwares, and 1.14 IS the latest one that I got before it was ever posted on trust's own site (and I provided it to mohd of mohparts.com - you can dl it there).

Old 05-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
Gurgen, your impressions make the EU seem much more desirable. I've almost crossed UniChip off my list (despite the fact that it is a set it and forget it upgrade).

Two questions:

1. Exactly how much work is required to splice the wires/connect the EU?

2. Any tuners in the San Francisco Bay Area who have experience with EU?
1. hmm.... i guess it depends on your skill and experience with the solder iron. It took me, crawling under the p-side dash (i have a type-I early Sedan, so a diffferent ECU connector = no Autosport harness) 3 hours to splice in all the wires. On the bench it will probably take at least 2-2.5 (doing a good job).

2. Not at all unfortunately that I have heard off. This doesn't mean they don't exist. There's tuning shop (and HKS prodealer) in the Sacramento area... try there. Z-car garage is another option, although they charge a lot more than the actual work time (based on their quotes to me at least), and that's a huge turn off to me.