I gotta get brakes!

twin, where did you get your mu's?

Old 02-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by thatguy II
I gotta get brakes!

twin, where did you get your mu's?
mynismo.com.

You would be fine with OEM's and some upgraded fluid honestly. That's the route I'm going after my Mu's are toast. I can't stand the squeeking at 30 and below. It gets very bad after a long drive to (Tulsa to Dallas or Kansas City). I think there are some Akebono replacement pads for us. I might give those a shot next.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Received 222 Likes on 155 Posts
Imma try and get some G37s brakes installed by the 2nd track day.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:27 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
^ did u get your G37 yet?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:30 PM
bump bump

Old 03-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Subscribed...may try to make it to this one!

Old 03-20-2009, 03:56 AM
LJ_
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation OKC--Open Track Day @ Sheriff's Track...6 dates!!

This is a driving experience you simply cannot pass up if you live anywhere within reasonable driving distance from OKC. This is hands-down the best bang-for-the-buck track experience you can ever hope for. $30/car for non-OKZCC members, $25/car for OKZCC members for a day at the track!

The OKC chapter of the OKZCC (a Z car and G car enthusiast club) has secured SIX dates for our use of this fantastic facility, courtesy of the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Department.

April 5th, Sunday
May 3rd, Sunday
June 28th, Sunday
July 5th, Sunday
August 2nd, Sunday

and a tentative date on September 6th, also a Sunday

You do not need to be a member and any make/model car is welcome to participate. This is a truly unique chance to drive your G the way it was meant to be driven in a very low risk, non-competitive, driver-friendly environment that offers a fun experience for the first-timer as well as the more seasoned track rat. The venue is unique in that it allows you to lap at speeds well above autoX speeds but not nearly as fast as a full-blown roadcourse such as Hallett. The balance lends itself to be an invaluable experience for newcomers to learn their G's and still allows the track rats to further explore their G's setup and hone their skills.

Here's a bird's-eye-view of the track; a 1-mile lap including two hairpins, a set of "esses", a high speed dogleg, one long straight, and a skidpad center section which will be configured into a tricky chicane with cones to moderate overall speeds. Expect to spend your day in 2nd/3rd gear! All passing is done on the one large straight and is strictly forbidden in corners.

Each event has a 30 car maximum. Participants will be broken up into groups of 5-6 cars maximum and will have 10-minute sessions of continuous lapping. You can expect to get 5-6 sessions or at least an hour of total "seat time". This is entirely dependent on how well participants follow the rules and exercise proper self-discipline. Proper track etiquette is the key to a fun day for everyone! Participants are required to wear a helmet, seatbelt, and for their car to be in proper working order....no parts falling off!

We recommend participants flush their brake fluid (DOT4 fluid is highly recommended), make sure they have adequate brake pads, and check condition of coolant hoses as well as flush their coolant system PRIOR to showing up. While none of this is required, you don't want to be that guy who needs a ride to AutoZone because your brake pads disintegrated (Nissan OEM pads are notorious for this), or because your upper radiator hose split. It will be hot out there and you will be working on the tarmac while everyone else who did their homework is enjoying themselves.

Cooler's with food/drinks are encouraged, however alcohol is strictly prohibited from entering venue. Do not assume the OKZCC will have bottled water there. Spectators are allowed and encouraged, and anyone wishing to shoot photos/video from areas of the track other than the designated spectator area need to get permission from the Event Marshall prior to wandering out into the track area.

HOW DO I SIGN UP??
These events are filled via pre-registration and all unfilled slots will be available on a "first-come-first-serve" basis the morning of the event at the track. Do not count on just showing up this year and getting a slot without sending in a form prior. Get those forms in early please, this allows us to group everyone appropriately prior to arrival and get a head start on things, as opposed to doing it at the track when everyone shows....translating to more track time, earlier in the cool-temp morning for you!

DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM HERE

WHERE IS THE SHERIFF'S TRACK?
The track is located just north of Midwest City on NE 36th Street & N Air Depot. You can get there either by taking Sooner Rd or I-35 to NE 36th Street and then heading east on NE 36th Street until you see the entrance on your left immediately past the landfill on the right.

WHAT TIME DO I NEED TO SHOW UP?
You need to be there PRIOR to 8:30 AM. This allows us to brief all drivers in a safety meeting, squeeze in a familiarization/parade lap for those who have not seen the course before, and get the first group out on the track by 9:00 AM. If you show late, you can expect to sit out your first session, even if you are not in the first group. Please be prompt if at all possible. The gates will be open plenty early prior to 8:30, give yourself plenty of time to get unloaded and ready to go.

WHAT HAPPENS IF I CRASH OR DAMAGE MY CAR?
While it has not happened, it doesn't mean it isn't possible. You need to check with your insurance company. You need to make clear to them that this is NOT a competitive event. You are NOT going "racing". This is a driver's education event in a non-timed, non-competitive setting. I personally have State Farm coverage and they are fine with it, you need to check with your company if you are that concerned about it. Ultimately what happens rests entirely on your ability to drive within your comfort zone, and your ability to not let your ego get the better of you and force you to push you and your car beyond your limits. We will take all steps possible to mitigate the possiblity of something catastrophic happening. This is why we have the cones/chicanes in place and request you adhere to our rules. We have not had anybody leave with twisted metal, and we will continue to do all we can to ensure our events stay that way.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:42 PM
What's up LJ? I thought you were gonna be moving outta the area??? Whatever, hope you're there. I'll be there and hopefully I'll have my BBK for at least some of the events

Old 03-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Bump, my application was put in the mail today!

Old 03-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by kernel
^ did u get your G37 yet?
Naaaah. I decided to wait on it and keep cash for investments. So far it's paying off though, I bought a ton of BAC at 3.14

Imma just grab some sways, springs, and a bbk and keep my G another 1-2 years.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:07 PM
LJ_
I spent the last 5 months in Iraq, and yes I am moving this summer, but I'll still be around for the first couple months or so. Look forward to running into you again. Go for the BBK, you'll love it. I can't believe how stupid I was for waiting so long to put one on my car. Damn thin stops on a dime and gives back a quarter in change!

Old 03-20-2009, 07:16 PM
LOL good to have ya back then. I probably won't have it on for the first track day, I've got some other stuff to work on first then I'll go for the bbk next.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Glad to see your back and safe LJ!

I'll probably get my form out in the mail next week.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:08 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 03-20-2009, 10:04 PM
cut him a little slack...he's been out of the country for a while

Kernel, you going to try and make some of these events?

Still moving here this summer?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sheriff's Track Event, Oklahoma City, 5 April 2009