20.04%
Texas
18.50%
New Orleans, LA
2.12%
St Louis, MO
2.50%
Voters: 519. You may not vote on this poll

!!G35Driver.com MEGA-Meet Location Poll!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 05:27 AM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
truth is, you do it in the middle very few people will show... east and west a like. it's a long drive for a meet. if you do it in Vegas, it's more than a meet. people can justify the trip a lil' easier.
if this goes nowhere then we'll just do a NorCal vs SoCal mashup caravan/mega meet... not to be a d!ck BUT it'd prob end up being the same size as a national meet in nowheresville anyway.
Your post is exactly why Vegas isn't a good idea. If the meet is in Vegas, I bet more than 80% of the people will be from California, not really a national meet is it?

IMO, 200 people from different parts of the country in a central location is better than 200 people from Cali + a few others in Vegas.
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Kernel, wtf happened to your car? This is the only other pic i have seen of your g haha
yeah, first time I've change my avatar since I joined. Lady ran a red light and that pic is the result, but it doesn't even show all of the damage. I'm hoping they'll just total it out.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
hey, no offense fellas... it's just unrealistic to plan in the middle. the east coast still hasn't even done a unifed event. it's not like we're a bunch of retiries driving classic cars or a bunch of ballers on a bullrun, it's working class types. who can get that much time off for a car meet??? i understand people who never get to go to big meets wanna see everyone's cars but just don't think it'll pick up enough steam. i think the closest thing we'll get to a national meet is simutainesly planned meets all over the US on the same weekend. 4 or 5 locations in reasonable locations would see the best results.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by G U LATER
I can't understand why you guys would want to meet in vegas. Do you know how hard it would be for a couple hundred g's to be in vegas at one time. hectic. You can't have a potentially big meet like this in a busy city like vegas it won't work.
um the strip is only one part of Vegas... the rest is a huge open space.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Is central USA really nowheresville to you guys?
sorry generic term

Old 10-27-2009, 11:58 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I feel like i'm wasting my efforts on a national meet since people have such little faith in this..

And SDGenius, i have seen national meets on a large scale for other car clubs. Hell, i saw a Trailblazer from Cali next to one from New York. They had a large meet. Why cant we?

Idk you guys.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
i think its the fact that us from cali wouldn't really want to drive out that far( rough estimate) as opposed to the east coast guys

so naturally we would be biased towards a west coast meet

i said it last time and ill say it again, its just gonna have to be someone who just picks a spot and says ok here is were we are having it at, get enough people on your side and the rest of us from cali will go along

thats that i think would happen

Old 10-27-2009, 12:17 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Do you always post in threes?
...just don't think it'll pick up enough steam.
What do you call over 180 people showing interest in less than 2 weeks then?
The biggest thing that could make this lose steam is constant negitivity. Saying this is stupid and this won't work is not in any way helpful. Honestly people bickering over the location is more productive.

I think the closest thing we'll get to a national meet is simutainesly planned meets all over the US on the same weekend. 4 or 5 locations in reasonable locations would see the best results.
Holding this many events on the same weekend is just pants-on-head retarded! Even if it's broken into smaller events, some of us are devoted enough to drive to more than one event. Something we can't do if they are going on at the same time.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
truth is, you do it in the middle very few people will show... east and west a like. it's a long drive for a meet. if you do it in Vegas, it's more than a meet. people can justify the trip a lil' easier.
that's sound logic (something several ppl here are missing)...

It was suggested to look at it from a different perspective... Here's the "different perspective" - when you take the Vegas voters out of the poll you are left with 111 voters (scattered about)... its doubtful that mroe than 50% will actually commit... even if you could get 10% of the Vegas ppl to go elsewhere you still have less than 70 ppl so far. (and that's iffy).

You would be so much more successful if you focused all this attention on 3 or 4 big regional meets.

Too many people (that don't know what there up against) keep pushing for unrealistic situations.

For the people that really want a big meet to happen... take your blinders off... look at the big picture - take your emotions and grand wish out of the equation and think logically of what would have the best chance of working. Because right now you are just spinning your wheels.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
so vegas it is ei?

woohoo! vegas trip

Old 10-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by G U LATER
I can't understand why you guys would want to meet in vegas. Do you know how hard it would be for a couple hundred g's to be in vegas at one time. hectic. You can't have a potentially big meet like this in a busy city like vegas it won't work.
that is ludicrous!

Ever heard of SEMA?...

Vegas is convention capitol of the country! There is always a BIG event going ion in Vegas... why would CES plan there or AVN?... and boatloads of various industry conventions...

Now whether ot not this attempt would be successful, that's another story.... but to say Vegas cant work for a big event is absurd.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:49 PM
I feel like i'm wasting my efforts on a national meet since people have such little faith in this..

And SDGenius, i have seen national meets on a large scale for other car clubs. Hell, i saw a Trailblazer from Cali next to one from New York. They had a large meet. Why cant we?

Idk you guys.
are you so naive as to think those "big meets" you've heard about became like that on the first attempt????

I usually hate the term "baby steps" - but in this case, you really need to let a few regions develop enough interest to eventually pull together a big meet (possibly annual)... but to think it's going to happen the way this is going will only leave you disappointed.

Sorry - but I'm just being totally realistic.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:54 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
^^^I wonder if all this bickering and indecision is the reason that this thread fell through before when someone tried to plan an event? I agree with the post that basically someone is just gonna have to say, "here is where we are doin it" and then start planning it. I still think that have a couple different regional meets first to see what we can do and then planning the mega meet in a couple years is the best way to go. I would love to get everyone together this summer, but odds are it prolly won't happen cause of there never being something committed. OP, keep ya head up and keep pushin for this to happen. I think it is a great idea!

Old 10-27-2009, 12:57 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Who wants to do several regional meets then? I'll tell you right now the mdiwest is a bust. I never see Chicago peeps talking, and i have like 3 or 4 active people from MN. So we'd have to travel. Florida could have something big, so could the east and west coasts.

If you guys want to do those meets then fine by me. It really doesn't matter to me, i was just trying to get this to work, but obviously it isn't going to happen. Divide it up by coasts and lets see what we have..

Old 10-27-2009, 01:30 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
At the outset, there were a few who said this has been brought up before and always falls through. I wondered why. Now I know. Instead of being supportive, you get a few people who say it won't work and kill the enthusiasm. Yeah sure, <70 people... have you considered how much attention this thread has gotten even though it's only been up for a few days? There have been on average, about 18 people/day expressing interest in a national meet, and this without any organization to speak of, or official support from g35driver staff. Janik has been pushing this pretty hard, but you guys have almost killed that too. Way to go guys.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:03 PM
^^^ so instead of getting experienced down to earth perspective and realistic ideas, you'd rather have smoke blown up your @ss about how great it will be to meet @ Nissan Headquarters

Some of you are so far emotionally attached to this that I don't think you can see the logic in what has been suggested as options.

Good luck.

Unsubscribed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: !!G35Driver.com MEGA-Meet Location Poll!!