Phone book questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2007 | 04:09 PM
Just wanted to update for transferring from a Treo 650.

1. In your contacts, select the "All" category.
2. Hit the "Send Category" option.

All of your contacts will be send almost instantaneously. Only problem is contacts with multiple numbers will have a seperate enty in the G's phonebook.

Old 05-16-2007 | 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by timn99
Just wanted to update for transferring from a Treo 650.

1. In your contacts, select the "All" category.
2. Hit the "Send Category" option.

All of your contacts will be send almost instantaneously. Only problem is contacts with multiple numbers will have a seperate enty in the G's phonebook.
Do you think this process would be the same for a Treo 700w? Could you outline the whole process? THANKS!

Old 05-16-2007 | 06:08 PM
re sony erickson w800i

I have tried to send individual contacts as above but ... It all goes well until I say send to my car and then the phone disconects from car and it fails.

Larry

Old 06-05-2007 | 04:47 PM
Has anyone sent an entire phone book from a Motorola Q? if so please post instructions .

Old 06-06-2007 | 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by McElroy
Has anyone sent an entire phone book from a Motorola Q? if so please post instructions .
I haven't tested this on my Q but try the following:

Start > Bluetooth > BT Send Object > Right scroll to "Contacts" > Menu - Select All > Send - Select car (or whatever you called your bluetooth connection to your G)

Let me know if that works

Old 06-06-2007 | 08:20 AM
Well I'll be damnd - after 7 months of not being able to transfer my Q phone book to the car, your method works in full. All 278 numbers transferred over without a hitch. Thanks much d12a60n.

Alan

Old 06-08-2007 | 04:59 PM
Is it possible to see more than the first 5 entries on the touch screen when the car is in motion?

In other words, can you see more entries when you use the downloaded phonebook, compared with the car's phonebook?

If so, maybe I need a new phone.....

Old 06-09-2007 | 08:06 AM
The downloaded phonebook is locked out when the car is in motion. I guess that they (Infiniti's Lawyers) feel that its safer (for them) for you to fumble through your phone.

Old 06-09-2007 | 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by ajleiwant
Well I'll be damnd - after 7 months of not being able to transfer my Q phone book to the car, your method works in full. All 278 numbers transferred over without a hitch. Thanks much d12a60n.

Alan
GREAT! I'm glad it worked for you! Now to do it myself

Old 06-15-2007 | 07:09 AM
bluetooth BS with PB

bottom line is that all phones with bluetooth can transfer any individual contact to the car - some phones can do the whole phone book while others like the treo 650 or 700 can only beam one at a time and yes you do use inferred port and wait for the BT to init... then send - so lame why cant i just send all then delete and orginze as i wish...errrrr but i love my car so eff it ,, just dial you phone and put it on the seat

Old 11-16-2007 | 12:13 AM
Lightbulb Cell Phone Address Book Download

For anyone who's still having trouble getting their cell phone address book to download, below is what worked for me. I have a 2008 G35x with navigation and I use a Sony Ericsson W810i.

Once your cell phone is connected to the car...
1) Push Setting
2) Click Phone
3) Click Download Phonebook
4) Click Download All
5) Click Yes
6) Now your cell phone will disconnect
7) Go to your address book on your cell phone (note: instructions 7 to 14 may vary by type of cell phone)
8) Go to Options
9) Go to Advanced
10) Send all contacts
11) via Bluetooth
12) *****Ok, this was the important part on my phone***** Your cell phone should start searching for a connection. My phone showed an hourglass at the top. I had to wait for the hourglass to disappear before doing anything else. Originally, I was clicking on "My-Car" before the hourglass disappeared and that would screw everything up. So, be patient at this stage and let the phone tell you that "Devices Found".
13) After the Devices Found message, click "My-Car"
14) Your cell phone should say "Connecting" and then "Sending"
15) The car's screen should now show "Downloading" with a bar that fills up to show the status of the download. This part may take a minute depending on the number of contacts.
16) When finished, the screen should show "Completed"

To use the Downloaded Phonebook...
1) Press Phone, click Call (Downloaded), then pick a letter (A-C, D-F, etc.) where the entry is stored, and then select the person you want to call
or
2) Press Setting, Phone, Phonebook, None(Add New), Copy from Downloaded Phonebook, pick a letter (A-C, D-F, etc.) where the entry is stored, and then select the person you want to add to your car's phonebook (which can store 40 numbers)

Old 01-02-2008 | 10:05 PM
Question

Originally Posted by ajleiwant

Alan
I just bought a Motorola Q9h from AT&T in addition to being a new G35x owner, and have yet to transfer my contacts over. However, before I do so, I thought I'd leverage your experiences so far. So, a few questions that I hope you might be able to provide some clarification:

1. You mentioned 278 numbers, but I'm assuming you meant 278 contacts with some contacts having more than 1 phone number, yes? Does the Bluetooth transfer process tell the G35 what type is each phone number (i.e. work, home, cell, etc.)?
2. I read in the manual that the standard 40-contact phonebook is phone specific. So there is a 40-contact phonebook for me, and another separate 40-contact phonebook for my wife's phone. In the case where you download the whole phonebook, are these whole phonebooks also separate based on cell phone? Or will my wife have access to the same whole phonebook?
3. In the process of transferring, were you able to select specifically what information is transferred over when you beam all your contacts? For example, can you selectively only beam name, work number, home number, and cell number?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Old 01-03-2008 | 02:59 AM
Has anyone transfered their contacts on an iPhone? I can't find it anywhere.

Old 01-08-2008 | 04:44 PM
I have the cingular blackjack with wm6 loaded. My menu doesn't have start/bluetooth

I have been looking for the option to send all contacts but can't find it. Has anyone been able to do this with the blackjack? it shows that it is compatible in the infiniti website.

Old 03-18-2008 | 05:47 PM
anybody figure this out on a verizon motorola razr?

thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Phone book questions