Phone book questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phone book questions

Prospective G owner here (second query thread so far)... I currently use a bluetooth car interface in my TL religiously, but what I really want instead of phone tags is a menu of phone book entries like in my phone that I can pull off the nav screen and just tap to dial. If I manually enter phone book entries into the nav, can I do this? Like I said, I want to stop having to use voice dialing. I have little patience for it

Also, I know the Nav touchscreen becomes disabled when the car starts moving. Does this remain true for the screen's other functions (climate control, sound system, phone)?

thanks!

Old 04-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Sure, just transfer your phonebook (via Bluetooth) from your phone to the car.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:40 PM
i thought you couldn't do this with these cars? that's what inifiniti's website says...?

Old 04-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Phonebook entries can be accessed by touchscreen or voice command. One thing I like is you can navigate the touchscreen via the steering wheel controls. Just scroll and push enter button to select.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Altersys, you absolutely can, I did. Once the car recognizes your phone (after you've synced the two), just go into your phonebook and select "send via bluetooth", then select "MY-CAR". It takes about a minute to transfer all your contacts. Then, if you want to create your phonebook, which are your 40 favorite numbers, you can transfer numbers individually via Bluetooth (or do it manually via touchscren). It's quite easy.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:19 PM
holy poo! this is awesome!

does it work with all phones? i have a razr v3 through cingular.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Yep, as long as you have a Bluetooth enabled phone, it should work. I have a Sony Ericsson K790a. Good luck!

Old 04-06-2007, 04:05 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by whtbst
Altersys, you absolutely can, I did. Once the car recognizes your phone (after you've synced the two), just go into your phonebook and select "send via bluetooth", then select "MY-CAR". It takes about a minute to transfer all your contacts. Then, if you want to create your phonebook, which are your 40 favorite numbers, you can transfer numbers individually via Bluetooth (or do it manually via touchscren). It's quite easy.
I've been messing around with this far a while too. I've seen the menu pick for indiviual transfer. Do you have to do anything on the phone to tell it to start transmitting the information? Also, if anyone has done this with a Cingular 8525, please post. Thanks

Old 04-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Here's how I did it:

1) Go to the contact you want to transfer
2) Select "More" then "Send Contact"
3) Select "Via Bluetooth"
4) Select "MY-CAR"
5) It then sends the contact and appears in the car's system

Old 04-06-2007, 04:41 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by whtbst
Here's how I did it:

1) Go to the contact you want to transfer
2) Select "More" then "Send Contact"
3) Select "Via Bluetooth"
4) Select "MY-CAR"
5) It then sends the contact and appears in the car's system
Damn ... pocket PC can can only beam using IR. Anyone know how to set it to transmit using BT?

Old 04-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
I've been messing around with this far a while too. I've seen the menu pick for indiviual transfer. Do you have to do anything on the phone to tell it to start transmitting the information? Also, if anyone has done this with a Cingular 8525, please post. Thanks
I have done it with my 8525 but it required installing software from jetware to work: http://www.jetwaremobile.com/
I installed the newer beta software that also improves connection issues with the 8525: http://www.jetwaremobile.com/beta.htm It works fine - allowed me to transfer contacts and also adds signal and battery strength to the car display.

It was supposed to filter out fax numbers from my contacts, but that didn't happen and I haven't had time to figure out if it was my error or the software.

good luck with it

Old 04-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
Damn ... pocket PC can can only beam using IR. Anyone know how to set it to transmit using BT?
My post above was to transfer all contacts (or those in a category you choose) at once with the 8525. You should be able to transfer individual contacts without the software I described - when you are in the car and the phone is connected, go to contacts, then menu, then beam contact. It will say to beam, select device. IR will be listed and it will say searching. Then the bluetooth connection should appear (i think it has to take a minute to search for it.) Select that and the contact will be added to the downloaded phone book.

If you want to access those numbers while driving I think that they have to be transferred to the favorites list as whtbst said above.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:38 PM
The instructions I gave (steps 1-5) were for individual contact transfers. If you want to do the ENTIRE phonebook, you can do it as well, without the use of any special software. Here's how I did the entire phonebook:

1) Went into my contacts and selected "Options"
2) Selected "Advanced"
3) Selected "Send All Contacts"
4) Selected "Via Bluetooth"
5) Selected "MY-CAR"
6) Then my entire phonebook transferred into the car's system

Keep in mind, I did this using a Sony Ericsson K790a, so other phones may differ in terms of the steps involved, terminology, etc.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Has anybody transferred the entire phonebook from a Treo 650?

Old 04-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Doesn't seem to work for the LG VX8600. I tried transferring one contact at a time and it doesn't work either. I hope that I can be enlightened by the owner of an 07 G35 and LG VX8600.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Phone book questions