Iphone 3G bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having the same echo problem as well. It is very frustrating especially since it is CA law now to be hands free and the echo is driving me nuts!

I will try the suggestion.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I have echo problem also.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by st1sj
also, does the car automatically detect the iphone every time you start engine? i'm having some difficulty with auto detection.
I haven't had any problems with phone auto-connection, though I paired with a loaner ex35 and then it wouldn't auto-pair with my car. I had to specifically unpair the ex35 - then it autopaired no problem. Are you using a bt headset in addition to your car?

As for the charging issue - the iPhone 3G's charging pins are in a different location, hence the lack of support for previous chargers. Newer chargers, etc should work for both...

Old 08-19-2008, 01:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by C5TOG35
I too am faced with the echo problem. I have read on one of the Iphone forums that turning off 3g solves the echo problem. I will try this later today and post my feedback.
The echo is a Apple issue not your car. My 3G iPhone had a echo in my 06 BMW that was far worse than the echo in my 08 G35. It echos in my wifes X5, as well as my friends 550i.

The G35 echo is far better than the echo effect you get with other cars, while its annoying all you can really do is wait for a Apple update. If you take a look at apple forums, or the official apple site there are plenty of people complaining about this issue.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:22 AM
I just got my 2008 G35 2 weeks ago as well as my 3G iPhone. I've gotten the BT to work, but whenever I leave the car and come back the connection is gone. The way I've found to get it back is to "Setup Pair Phone" and reestablish connection with my phone. I have to type 1-2-3-4 on the iPhone, and when I do it says "Phone already paired" and the signal strength indicator on the car screen pops up.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? It's annoying to get in and out of the car and not have it recognize the phone each time.

Thanks!

Old 09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the some Echo problem from time to time!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by WallyBR
I just got my 2008 G35 2 weeks ago as well as my 3G iPhone. I've gotten the BT to work, but whenever I leave the car and come back the connection is gone. The way I've found to get it back is to "Setup Pair Phone" and reestablish connection with my phone. I have to type 1-2-3-4 on the iPhone, and when I do it says "Phone already paired" and the signal strength indicator on the car screen pops up.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? It's annoying to get in and out of the car and not have it recognize the phone each time.

Thanks!
Delete it from your BT list on the iPhone and then try re-adding it to the G35. It might not have fully synched the first time.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:27 PM
I hear some dealers are changing navi units of g35's due to some problem. Anyone know if one of the fix is this iphone issue? Also, any way to get a new wire for the iphone charging?

Old 09-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Works!

Originally Posted by Levelpar1
I found this on the Apple Web site. I gave it a try and it seems to help the echo problem.

After being plagued with the same problems reported here I was able to make adjustments to the settings in the vehicle to completely eliminate the echo from the integrated bluetooth.

On the G35 Nav Screen.

1)Settings
2)Volume and Beeps
3)Set incoming call to Max
4)Set outgoing call to Min

While you are on a call using the iphone use the volume rocker on the iPhone to turn up the volume to Max.

This eliminated the echo on both receiver and caller end! I can only assume that the instructions above will work with all infiniti and nissan vehicles. I hope this works for all of you.
Hey guys, just wanted to share that I tried this with my 3G iPhone and it worked great. I don't hear any echoes whatsoever anymore. Thanks for the tip!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:56 PM
My iphone 3G doesn't have the echo issue at all. It sounds fine and connects every time.

However, when I hook it up to the ipod connector (08) my iphone says that its connected to a "non approved accessory" and wont do anything. Anyone else have that?

Old 09-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by mazadi
My iphone 3G doesn't have the echo issue at all. It sounds fine and connects every time.

However, when I hook it up to the ipod connector (08) my iphone says that its connected to a "non approved accessory" and wont do anything. Anyone else have that?
The echo is a Apple firmware issue, it happens in most cars with BT enabled cars. It's not horrible in the G, but its been in every one that I have tested. It was horrible in my old BMW.

The non approved accessory is Apples fault too, they changed something with the physical connector and modified the firmware to it on the 3G, if you search Apple's support forums or a Mac site like macrumors.com you will find MANY people with the same issues.

Hope for a firmware update that fixes the issues. Listen closely you will hear a echo, its more audible at full or near full volume too. I have yet to hear a car that has no echo with the 3G. As far as the "fixes", I don't see a reason to use a half assed "patch" when all that really needs to happen is for Apple to release a firmware revision that fixes it.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:30 PM
I did the instructions as shown above but still had a little bit of an echo. With the update to 2.1 of the IHPONE firmware it seems to have gone away!!

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

Old 10-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Anyone get their iPhone 3g to play music via the interface cable? I get the "non approved accesory" message as well...

I am dying to play Pandora through it...

Old 10-19-2008, 07:17 PM
My 3G iPhone plays music. I get the error, but it still plays.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:10 PM
If you get echoing on your bluetooth, just turnup the volume on the iPhone and then turn down the volume on your car. Echo should be minimized.

I thought this was going to be a huge problem, but its a non-issue!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Iphone 3G bluetooth?