Iphone 3G bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iphone 3G bluetooth?

How is the clarity of the new iphone over our bluetooth system? Also does the iphone support contacts and such with our g35?

i will report back after i get my hands on one but im still a bit apprehensive about getting it b/c my krzr on verizon has been so good to me

Old 07-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Ha. I have a 3G but my G37 sedan is sitting in pieces in Japan . Hope it works well.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:08 AM
bump .. someone try this please

Old 07-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Angry ok quality

I have a 2008 G35 premium.. no navigation. I just got the iPhone 3G and i'm very dissapointed. The regular iPhone (non 3G) use to work a lot better. The bluetooth quality was a lot better. With the 3G for some reason i can hear my own voice echoing out of the car speakers.

Also I have one of those iPod hookups in the armrest. The original iPhone use to play music and also charge... not the case with the 3G. You can still control the music from the car stereo but it will not charge anymore. This is really idioitic. I hope infiniti comes out with a new cable that will charge the iPhone 3G as well.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:17 PM
my 3 g iphone seems to work exactly the same as my 1st gen iphone. Only difference i would say is that they connect faster when i turn the blue tooth on

Old 07-22-2008, 12:20 PM
So still no contacts download?

Old 07-22-2008, 06:37 PM
I also upgraded from the original iPhone to the iPhone 3G. I have noticed the echo problem, but it seems to come and go. Frankly, I'm disappointed that it happens at all, as the original iPhone always sounded fantastic. Contact transfers are still not available however.

I have an 07, which does not integrate with any iPods or iPhones. And I'm still pissed about that in general.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:55 PM
I am having the same echoing problem with my new 3G Iphone. My original Iphone worked great. I went back to the Apple store a couple of days ago and they replaced it with a new one. It did not change the problem.

I also not able to charge my Iphone 3G with the Belkin Ipod Dock Connector.

Other than those problems the Iphone 3G works great.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:52 PM
The lack of Bluetooth contact transfer made me question purchasing the 3G iPhone...this kills it's chances completely.

Steve Jobs ought purchase an Infiniti just as a kick in the *****.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Levelpar1
I am having the same echoing problem with my new 3G Iphone. My original Iphone worked great. I went back to the Apple store a couple of days ago and they replaced it with a new one. It did not change the problem.

I also not able to charge my Iphone 3G with the Belkin Ipod Dock Connector.

Other than those problems the Iphone 3G works great.
I too am faced with the echo problem. I have read on one of the Iphone forums that turning off 3g solves the echo problem. I will try this later today and post my feedback.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:31 AM
I found this on the Apple Web site. I gave it a try and it seems to help the echo problem.

After being plagued with the same problems reported here I was able to make adjustments to the settings in the vehicle to completely eliminate the echo from the integrated bluetooth.

On the G35 Nav Screen.

1)Settings
2)Volume and Beeps
3)Set incoming call to Max
4)Set outgoing call to Min

While you are on a call using the iphone use the volume rocker on the iPhone to turn up the volume to Max.

This eliminated the echo on both receiver and caller end! I can only assume that the instructions above will work with all infiniti and nissan vehicles. I hope this works for all of you.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, going to try this later.

Originally Posted by Levelpar1
I found this on the Apple Web site. I gave it a try and it seems to help the echo problem.

After being plagued with the same problems reported here I was able to make adjustments to the settings in the vehicle to completely eliminate the echo from the integrated bluetooth.

On the G35 Nav Screen.

1)Settings
2)Volume and Beeps
3)Set incoming call to Max
4)Set outgoing call to Min

While you are on a call using the iphone use the volume rocker on the iPhone to turn up the volume to Max.

This eliminated the echo on both receiver and caller end! I can only assume that the instructions above will work with all infiniti and nissan vehicles. I hope this works for all of you.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by wantG35asap
I have a 2008 G35 premium.. no navigation. I just got the iPhone 3G and i'm very dissapointed. The regular iPhone (non 3G) use to work a lot better. The bluetooth quality was a lot better. With the 3G for some reason i can hear my own voice echoing out of the car speakers.
Ditto - my gen 1 iPhone varied in sound quality, but there's a consistent echo with the new one. Will try the tip below, although I don't have NAV so...?

EDIT:>> Noop, tried it - must be for NAV only

Still, phone sounded fine this afternoon, so

EDIT2:>> Don't know if the FW update for the iPhone helped, but seems like the echo has largely gone away now. Can still hear it faintly from time to time.

Last edited by G35Now!; 08-19-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i tried it, and there is still a little echo altho much better than before. if the backseat passenger speaks, more echo.

also, does the car automatically detect the iphone every time you start engine? i'm having some difficulty with auto detection.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:53 AM
wow i never knew there were this many problems.. just ordered the iphone two days ago.. should be here 10-21 days, according to them..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Iphone 3G bluetooth?