Want to add sub to 07 G35S sedan w/ tech/nav/prem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to add sub to 07 G35S sedan w/ tech/nav/prem

Let me start by saying, I do know where the search feature is and have used it. BLUESLATE mentioned there was a thread that covered this somewhere, but I couldn't find anything that gave real details.

I want to add a sub to my G sedan. As the title says, I have the prem/tech/nav packages and for the most part, have been very satisfied with the system, but I miss the thump of a sub from my old car. Also, if you know of any sub enclosures made for the 07 sedan? I have seen a lot made for the coupe or 06 and older sedan, but not the newer models.

I am curious as to what others have put into there 07 sedans. What kind of setup do you have?

thanks for the help.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
dont have one but from what i hear we get trunk rattle pretty bad... i will let someone chime in thats got a sub.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd have to agree with Austin, since you already have the Bose system which comes with the premium package a sub will cause rattles.
I was planning on adding a sub but one of my friends installed one in his car and it ended up rattling a lot because of the sub on the rear deck lid. He ended up taking the sub out.
Cars with out the Bose system would do just fine with a sub though, since the rear deck lid has an opening where the sub from the Bose system would be.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
+1

Some songs now with the stock system causes vibration noise. I can imagine how an aftermarket sub would cause rattles and vibrations.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:51 PM
I know others on this forum have added subs. Did you have any vibration problems or did anyone remove the rear BOSE sub because of the addition of the aftermarket sub?

Old 05-30-2009, 01:49 AM
Hey Ger's,
Any insights on how to install an amp and sub in our car? 07 Sedan w/ SOW.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:33 AM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Download the factory service manual. You will find pin outs of the Bose amp. Find the line level outputs to the powered sub in the rear as well as the "on" signal, so that you can hook those to your sub amp. Run a power line from the battery to the trunk (there is a thread with pics on here and on myG37). It is not hard once you research your plan of attack to do it.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=195902&page=3

I added two 12's along with a rockford 360 digital sound processor to clean up the signal coming from the stock system. I also added a good bit of Rammat sound deadening and sound absorbing foam throughout the trunk. Sounds very clean and doesnt have much rattle either.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I've added subs to my 07 sedan and the rattles can all be solved. It takes a little attention to detail and quality installation but it's definitely doable. Don't let that discourage you. I did the same thing that EnviedG35 did except I went with a JL cleansweep. The result is the same.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:40 PM
OK, so I took the plung on the equipment. I've got a RF 10" sub in a box and I've got an RF 200.2 amp, RF 4 awg amp kit, RF 1 F cap, and MTX RE-Q on its way. I decided to take it somewhere to install, because I want a clean job and I'm just not that comfortable pulling my girl apart.

Do you really need rammat, dynomat,.... etc? How much does it help? I went to a local shop and that I am going to go back to for the install and they said my sub was in the wrong kind of box. It is an MDF box, but its tall and narrow like something that would be behind a truck seat. He showed me one that was shorter and deeper than the current box and told me that that was a better box for the sub, what are your thoughts? How much does custom enclosure work usually go for?

Old 06-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
It's tough to say if you "need" it. All this stereo stuff is elective so technically you don't need it. I have RAAMmat in my car and I'm really happy with it. It cuts down on noise and makes your driving experience more enjoyable. The perceived effect depends on how much sound deadening you put down and where you put it. It can also help you cut down on rattles and we all know how much are cars rattle over time. So I'd definitely plan on doing it. The process isn't difficult but it is time consuming. Its also a pain in the *** but thats life. If you're trying to save a buck, I'd consider doing the deadening yourself and then handing the car over to your installer to do the stereo.

Bottom line: Do you need it, no. Should you do it, I think so.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
I would say just worry about the install first. If you have a lot of rattling, work on the damping/isolation later. Most sub boxes are kind of squarish but volume is the main thing--it will need to be large enough for deep bass.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i have a KickerSolo Baric L5 10" and don't feel the G rattles much.....other cars are much worse...inside the car there is no ratting at all...if you stand behind the car you will hear it

Old 07-11-2009, 12:31 PM
My last update had me going to a shop to install my amp and 10" sub in a small box. Well, I left the shop with 2 10" subs and a bigger box. They had to shave the corners off the box to fit in the trunk, but it's very solid now and doesn't take up the whole trunk. I don't notice to much rattling, so I'm very happy with it overall.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by seeker92677
My last update had me going to a shop to install my amp and 10" sub in a small box. Well, I left the shop with 2 10" subs and a bigger box. They had to shave the corners off the box to fit in the trunk, but it's very solid now and doesn't take up the whole trunk. I don't notice to much rattling, so I'm very happy with it overall.
Nice! i personally think 10's hit a lot cleaner and sharper than 12's or 15's....the bose system is sick as is...adding 1 or 2 10's is perfect imo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.