Does anyone know how to add a navigation system without buying entire new face panel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know how to add a navigation system without buying entire new face panel

I am buying a 2007 G35 sedan with the Journey package but no navigation system -- Does anyone know how to add a navigation system without buying the entire new face panel from Infiniti?

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can provide.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all i would like to be the first to say DO A SEARCH!!!!

now secondly... next time dont start 3 different threads which are relativly the same question...

now that i busted your ***** a bit... there are many ways you can approach this:
a)dvd
b)rear view camera
c)navigation

a) easiest way is get a dvd player w/ AV cables and plug em in the AV ports and press the emergency break. (needs motion lock out bypass to use in motion... dont ask how to do this the subject is banned by the mods)

b) this is prob the most difficult to accomplish out of the 3 but still possible and not too hard. again i emphasize search option here... couple people on the forum have done this... i'm too lazy to search for you so you can search yourself but basically you buy a video control unit and do a bunch of wiring and buy the camera and use a switch which changes your video input when you put your car in reverse.

c) this is pretty much same as the DVD... just instead of dvd player you use a navigation unit. do a search for Garmin GVN on here there is a step by step DIY