Music Box is full - But deleting albums doesn't free up space

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Music Box is full - But deleting albums doesn't free up space

I filled up my Music box last night. When I put a new CD in it tells me that the Music Box is full and I need to free up space before I record more. I went through and deleted several albums but the box still says it's full. Any thoughts?

Old 07-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
No one seemed to know the answer and the post got several views so I figured I'd share the solution.

It turns out it not enough to go and select the albums/songs to be deleted. Once you've done that there is a "Deleted Items" screen that you must then go into. From there you can delete all or one at a time. It works like a PC recycle bin giving you another chance to save stuff. So unless you go in there you'll never free up space on your hard drive.

It's also worthwhile to note that it takes several minutes to delete the music. I had 50 albums selected but it took much longer then I expected. While the system is deleting the music non of the radio/music box controls work. So I spent at 20 minute car drive listening only to the sound of the engine. Turns out, it was a great ride home. Give that a shot some time...

Thanks,
Matt