Factory XM Kit installation in a base '07 G35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Factory XM Kit installation in a base '07 G35x

I need your help!!!! lol!

So I picked up a factory XM tuner from here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infin...Q5fAccessories

Upon going to install the kit and totally tearing apart my trunk, I can't seem to find the factory pre-wired wiring harness that this thing will plug into.. Here are some pics I took:

Passenger side:

Upper section passenger side:

Upper section center w/ brake light harness:

Driver's side upper:

Driver's side:

Another driver's side shot:

The back of the XM Tuner:

Any help about how to get this thing hooked up is greatly appreciated and will be rewarded! I NEED XM!!!!! lol

Thanks, everyone.

Phil

Last edited by Phil_I; 11-09-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Old 11-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's been awhile since I installed mine. I have the G35S. And i remember the harness being on the driver side. I would have to rip the trunk linning off to get any more specific than that.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by celwin
It's been awhile since I installed mine. I have the G35S. And i remember the harness being on the driver side. I would have to rip the trunk linning off to get any more specific than that.
Thanks for the reply.

What I figured out I need is this: http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1277

But I got this so that if I ever decide to incorporate my iPod into the system, I'll be able to:
Amazon Amazon

It'll plug into the back 2 ports on the factory XM tuner and to the white unused plug that's seen in this picture (it's hard to tell but it is on the driver's side of the car):

What threw me for a loop was that I was told by the Infiniti dealer that all I needed was what they sold me...oh well, accidents happen.

Thanks again and coming from Mitsu and Honda/Acura message boards, this one is WAAAAYYYYYYYYY more resourceful!

Phil

Old 11-14-2010, 08:58 AM
If you are only interested in adding XM the dealer is right. Our cars come pre equipped for Statelitte radio. Like you I just bought the same kit and installed it in the trunk.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by celwin
If you are only interested in adding XM the dealer is right. Our cars come pre equipped for Statelitte radio. Like you I just bought the same kit and installed it in the trunk.
Ok, so based on all of the pictures I took of my torn apart trunk, were would I plug in the XM tuner? Aside from being far too large, the one open plug is a male plug as are both of the ports on the tuner. A lot of people were saying the harness is next to the spare tire but it's just solid metal everywhere around the donut. Maybe it's because it's a G35x?

Old 11-15-2010, 07:18 PM
If you can wait until Sat, I can double check mine and get back to you. Unfortunately I can't do it until Sat

Old 11-15-2010, 08:07 PM
No worries, man, I should be okay with the harness I ordered. If not, I'll request some more info.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
well oddly enough you don't even have the mounting bracket which astounds me. i thought all the base models would have it back there. the PAC gateway you are quoting actually goes in behind the head unit, not at the tuner though. the USAspec plugs in at the tuner and the harness is supposed to be under the parcel shelf, passenger side, between the two black boxes where the seatbelt tensioners are housed. looks like you're SOL but like i said im really surprised the harness isn't there, unless they really changed the wiring that much from 07 to 08.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:32 PM
I actually found the wiring harness thanks to celwin's vastly superior search abilities ( ) finding this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ml#post4802053

I also took a few pics since the pics in that thread make it a bit difficult to get a good point of reference.

It's the plug that's hanging down on the upper portion of the passenger side of the trunk (it was originally taped up there until I removed the tape):

I was able to mount the XM tuner in the empty space directly between the 2 seat belt tensioner boxes seen in the 2nd pic with a double sided 3M sticky pad and some stick-on cushioning pads. Now everything works great! Thanks for the great feedback, everyone!

Old 11-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Glad to hear you found it.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Guys, I'm embarrassed to say but I can't figure out how to remove my trunk liner. 2007 G35 sedan. I've done many searches but everyone starts posting about the work they're doing *after* they removed the liner. No one talks about how to remove, at least not that I could find.

That tells me it should really easy but I'm pulling and tugging on things that don't seem to want to budge. I just got the car yesterday and don't want to break anything this soon.

Can anyone point me to a DIY or give me a few tips on how to get going?

I need to make sure I have the XM harness before I buy the factory unit.

J

Old 12-22-2010, 09:33 AM
You have the harness already. It's there on all 2nd gen G35s.
As for how to remove the liner, there are push in clips you ahve to remove before you get the liner off. a small flat head screw driver will help in popping them off. Once they are off, just simply remove the liner.

Originally Posted by jcrayamsterdam
Guys, I'm embarrassed to say but I can't figure out how to remove my trunk liner. 2007 G35 sedan. I've done many searches but everyone starts posting about the work they're doing *after* they removed the liner. No one talks about how to remove, at least not that I could find.

That tells me it should really easy but I'm pulling and tugging on things that don't seem to want to budge. I just got the car yesterday and don't want to break anything this soon.

Can anyone point me to a DIY or give me a few tips on how to get going?

I need to make sure I have the XM harness before I buy the factory unit.

J

Old 12-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Thanks celwin, I'll start with that then. It's just that I read about more than a few 2nd gen G35 owners without the harness. There seems to be conflicting reports. Hope I do have the harness, I've ghetto rigged a trashy aftermarket XM tuner with cables running all over the place.

J