IPod control delays...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPod control delays...

Hey guys,

First post, just got a 08' G35 Sedan with all the trimmings. Love everything about it, accept....

few things that are bugging the crap out of me and not sure if it's something I need to take back to the dealership or if this is just a common thing I need to get over....

I have a 2nd Gen IPod Touch, plugged in however

1. does not charge with the cable I got, I checked the forums on this, people are saying I need a newer cable (which I went to the dealership, told them I need an IPod cable for an 08' G35, gave me a new one and is doing the same thing) bought the Scosche adaptor and now it charges but it's wonky as crap and keeps unplugging because it's so big in my center console now. So not sure if I need to ask for a SPECIFIC cable at the dealership or I'm just screwed with this one.

2. The controls kind of suck. I mean I can nav through my playlists, artists, blah blah, but when I try to select an album or playlist sometimes it will allow me to click and play right away, and sometimes I literally have to select it like 5-30 times (not exaggerating on the 30 either, I counted one time) it will highlight as if I clicked the select to play, but then it will go back to not being highlighted, then I click again, and again, and again until it lets me in the playlist or album.

Has anyone experience this? I have a friend who has a G35s no nav and watched him nav through his IPod no problem, however he has an older IPod, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I thought maybe if I updated the cable it would help, but still not sure if I have the right cable or not since it still doesn't let me charge without the Scosche adaptor.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks guys.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just picked up a 2011 G37 a couple of days ago and had the same problem. It was driving me nuts.

I went and bought the latest generation of iPod touch, and no problems! Fixed all my issues.

I did try the iPod classic 160GB and had the same issues until I got the touch.

You may want to give that a try.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
I don't know what the problem can be. When i see my brother later this month i'll see if his Ipod will charge and do everything else in my car. He has the 160 or 180 gig ipod. For me this is what i have and it works fine. 4GB w/ mostly movies on their. I still have a lot of music but i don't need more then 1GB of music if i am not traveling far.

Attached Thumbnails IPod control delays...-dsc00557.jpg