Clean iPod 4g Set Up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Clean iPod 4g Set Up

Just wanted to show off my 07 G35 sedan with a newer iPod.

What I used:
Apple Composite Cable ($40)
Dynex Car Charger ($6)
iPod 4g 32gb ($300)

This was a clean installation and was fairly simple compared to what other people on this forum have attempted to do. I jailbroke my iPod and did do the "hack" that cannot be discussed on this forum for video. This is a beautiful/clean/simple set up and I get compliments every time people see my ride.

Check out some pics!

DASHBOARD

MUSIC VIDEO

THE TOWN!!

NAVIGATION IN MY NON-NAV G!!

CENTER CONSOLE SET UP

iPOD

Last edited by 07IvoryPearlG35; 02-08-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Nice install but the aspect ratio is all wrong. And I don't see the point, so you can play movies while your driving? That's not safe... You can't use it to change your music or anything so I don't really understand..

Old 02-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by zoop425
Nice install but the aspect ratio is all wrong. And I don't see the point, so you can play movies while your driving? That's not safe... You can't use it to change your music or anything so I don't really understand..
?? I don't see what you mean. This means that the technology of my car's media is only limited to the technology of the iTouch (i.e. navigation). I actually adjusted the aspect to fit the full screen because passengers were complaining about it, but I guess you would have to see it in person to appreciate it. The videos are more of a proof of concept and capability because my car clearly wasn't in motion when I took the pictures. As far as music, the purpose of the iPod is to play and organize music so that was the main purpose of this installation.... I have 32gb of music to play around with rather than a CD.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by 07IvoryPearlG35
?? I don't see what you mean. This means that the technology of my car's media is only limited to the technology of the iTouch (i.e. navigation). I actually adjusted the aspect to fit the full screen because passengers were complaining about it, but I guess you would have to see it in person to appreciate it. The videos are more of a proof of concept and capability because my car clearly wasn't in motion when I took the pictures. As far as music, the purpose of the iPod is to play and organize music so that was the main purpose of this installation.... I have 32gb of music to play around with rather than a CD.
I understand the point of having an ipod or mp3 player in your car. what I dont understand is outputting the video to the screen.. you cant use the screen, controls or steering wheel controls to do anything with the ipod. And the aspect ratio looks terrible, its stretched out completely!

Old 02-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I understand the point of having an ipod or mp3 player in your car. what I dont understand is outputting the video to the screen.. you cant use the screen, controls or steering wheel controls to do anything with the ipod. And the aspect ratio looks terrible, its stretched out completely!
Oh okay, I see what you mean now haha valid point! I can adjust the ratio to the original aspect with an app but that leaves huge blank spaces and unused screen space so it's personal preference really. As far as the controls go, I cannot change the songs with my steering wheel (it may be possible) but the volume controls still work and any changes to the climate controls still show up on the bottom of the screen. When I play music, the screen now displays the album art work/current song or lists albums, artists, or songs (Maybe I will post pics of the music player). As far as benefits go, I no longer have to look down when using my mp3 player so it is as easy to use (if not easier) than the stock cd player. On top of this, the audio quality is not only much much better and louder than using the stock CD player, but I now have more control over my sound with the iTouch's EQ settings.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Looks good. Keep it up.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by 07IvoryPearlG35
Oh okay, I see what you mean now haha valid point! I can adjust the ratio to the original aspect with an app but that leaves huge blank spaces and unused screen space so it's personal preference really. As far as the controls go, I cannot change the songs with my steering wheel (it may be possible) but the volume controls still work and any changes to the climate controls still show up on the bottom of the screen. When I play music, the screen now displays the album art work/current song or lists albums, artists, or songs (Maybe I will post pics of the music player). As far as benefits go, I no longer have to look down when using my mp3 player so it is as easy to use (if not easier) than the stock cd player. On top of this, the audio quality is not only much much better and louder than using the stock CD player, but I now have more control over my sound with the iTouch's EQ settings.
The album artwork and artist is the only benefit I can see.. How does this make you not have to look down? you still have to look down at the ipod to change the music.. and you would still get the eq settings without the video output

Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha that looks nice! ;D but their is always someone who has to hate no matter what xD

Old 02-08-2011, 11:19 PM
The album artwork and artist is the only benefit I can see.. How does this make you not have to look down? you still have to look down at the ipod to change the music.. and you would still get the eq settings without the video output
You must have very selective reading skills because I have named more than one benefit. Why would I look down at a tiny screen when it is right in front of me on a larger screen? You can only adjust basic things such as bass and treble with the stock head unit so its nice to have more control. That person was right though, you are a hater. While you were flaming my mods, 2 girls just complimented my car so you can have your opinion.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Biggest hate thread I've ever read lol

Nice mod OP

Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm not trying to hate on this mod. I just want to understand the reasoning behind it. You can't change the song or look for a new artist without looking down at the ipod because while the oem screen shows what's on the ipod screen you still can't position your finger to press a button based on that..

Old 02-09-2011, 07:52 AM
And yes you listed multiple benifits but I only agree with one.. that's why I didn't mention some of the other ones.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
haha have fun!

Old 02-16-2011, 02:20 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Looks good, nicely done.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like it

Did you use composite or component cables? Where did you mount the iPod? And how did you run and hide the cables?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clean iPod 4g Set Up