2007 G35S Sedan Upgrading HD/Hacking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 G35S Sedan Upgrading HD/Hacking

Hey guys,

I was looking to upgrade the Harddrive size in my G35s Sedan. I did some research and found that the biggest harddrive thats out as of now is 80GB. I believe mine is a 6GB harddrive. I also checked and noone has done this modd yet. I'm shocked. Here's what i'm thinking.

1. Get a new harddrive (80GB) and Clone it using any software program via Mac or PC

2. Once copied. See if I can access music files without "recording them" by doing this Quality wont suffer and either will the download time. I'm assuming these folders will be hidden. Mac has a way of accessing hidden folders so that may not be hard.

NOW:

I've looked at a lot of posts all stating that the "Harddrive is based in the unit itself. I'm thinking it's like any new device thats out (Ex. IPod or Macbook Pro), . Acouple of screws and you'll be able to access it.

THE HARD DRIVE:

Seagate 2.5" PATA extreme condition drive

They make an 80GB Drive from what I've found. They might of made a bigger one by now. It's called "Extreme condition" because it works well with vibrations, and extreme temperatures (Cold/Hot)

Anyone want to take on this modd with me? I can use some help. I'm looking to verify exactly where the Harddrive is.

Also is there a dash disassemble DIY?

Old 10-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
you may even want to consider solid-state if you have the cash hanging around.

as far as the software goes i would imagine it's a proprietary OS, much like the SARA OS that runs on your cable boxes and DVRs, which unfortunately is not clone-able unless you have the dealer utilities, to my knowledge. i could be wrong but i think you're out of luck.