2008 Sedan keeps blowin audio fuse! please help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Sedan keeps blowin audio fuse! please help!!

Hello everyone, I am new to this fourm and have found it to be very helpful. I have a 2008 G35 sedan that is driving me nuts. Out of no where the radio, A/C controls, and lcd display screen shut off the radio wont work and the ac goes to auto and air bag light flashing!!!. I went thru the fuses to find the audio fuse under the hood next to the battery blown. I replaced it and thought that's that. About three days later while driving everything went off again. I replaced the fuse again and its been like this for a few weeks now of replacing fuses. Some times it will blow the fuse right then and there other times it will last a few days then a sudden speed bump and boom out again. I am going crazy and don't know what to do, Every search comes up 03-06 but no 07 + except one guy who disappeared and don't know if and how he resolved the problem. I am about to order the a new radio and face plate and see what happens but I would hate to dish out the $$$$ and still have the problem. if anyone had this problem or know anything about please help. I am tired of swapping fuses and puling the dash apart looking for a short that I cant find anywhere.. Thanks.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
I'm sorry i didn't see this sooner but have you resolved the issue? I would recommend pulling the head unit and tracing every wire to see if one was pinched or if the jacket is missing. Sounds like if you trace one of the power leads you might find a bare jacket. It's easy to pinch one of those harnesses since the radio basically sits on a metal tray. You can also try selectively unplugging the head unit and leaving the climate/trip harnesses plugged in and disconnecting the xm harness etc until you find something. The other option, which is more time consuming, is to individually fuse the power wire on each harness with a slightly smaller fuse, then when something goes out you can easily figure out which component it is.

The last option is to just wrap everything in electrical tape. If one of your wires is grounding out that will stop it. If it happens after that then it's likely internal to the head unit.