My morning at Eibach .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how did you get a free spring job?

Old 02-06-2007, 11:47 PM
i am happy that finally there is some progress from eibach but i do not like that drop. i think the rear is too low. Like the other group member, i agree that they should bring the back up a lil. I prefer the looks from H&R rather than eibach. If this is the case and the route they are going to be heading i think most g-owner would turn to H&R. They proof is there.. afte comparing HIKOS_G and yours. I prefer HIKOS_G . They only difference you guys have is the 20's.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:55 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by kraqcommando
how did you get a free spring job?
Nothing magical ... Eibach needed a car to check fit and I happened to be in the neighborhood at the right time (well, I called first).

Old 02-07-2007, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by koyoki
i am happy that finally there is some progress from eibach but i do not like that drop. i think the rear is too low. Like the other group member, i agree that they should bring the back up a lil. I prefer the looks from H&R rather than eibach. If this is the case and the route they are going to be heading i think most g-owner would turn to H&R. They proof is there.. afte comparing HIKOS_G and yours. I prefer HIKOS_G . They only difference you guys have is the 20's.
Excellent feedback from all.

Keep in mind these are still considered prototype even though they have a part number assigned. I'm pretty sure Eibach is watching this thread very carefully and I'm sure all the comments are being taken into consideration.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by kewltea
Just curious, how early did you contact them about the springs? Did you have to let them to R&D w/ your car?
It's all R&D until they are in production.

They actually already had the springs wound when I got there. They have R&D and production in Corona. He told me they did measurements on a rental Journey, then test fitted first prototypes on another S. These are the second prototypes. I was only in there for install, alignment, and measurements - in and out in about 4 hours.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs
It's all R&D until they are in production.

They actually already had the springs wound when I got there. They have R&D and production in Corona. He told me they did measurements on a rental Journey, then test fitted first prototypes on another S. These are the second prototypes. I was only in there for install, alignment, and measurements - in and out in about 4 hours.
Will there be a third prototype

Old 02-07-2007, 02:46 AM
Thumbs up

Nice ...I'm still waiting for other companies like: HKS, Cusco, Tein, JIC, Tanabe, Zeal, and last but not least, NISMO to develop something. Hopefully soon!!! Just waiting for my tax refund to come in so I can start modding ...Thanks again for the pictures and big thanks for using your car as the guinea pig

Old 02-07-2007, 03:49 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Eh...

Looks better than stock but it seems as if you have loaded passengers in the rear.

IMO, it was either dropped too much in the rear, or not enough in the front.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:58 AM
Looks great Terry! Splendid deal as well

Old 02-07-2007, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
WOW. They should come standard like that....

My thoughts exactly. If the G came from the factory at that height(atleast for the sportier "S"), There would be no need to go aftermarket on the springs. Just slap on the wheels of your choice and it would look great.

Eibach's have traditionally been known for more of a conservative drop compared to other manufacturers. It's low enough to be noticed but not so low that its compromising ride quality or suspension components.

Part of the reason the front looks higher/back looks lower is due to the lower fender arches. If you look at the ground to side sill line, the front is actually a bit lower and has a slight rake. It appears 'lower' in the rear because the wheel well is cut 'closer' to the rear wheel than the front.

Awesome job terry! Can't wait to see what it looks like with the wheels!

Old 02-07-2007, 08:22 AM
looks great but they should raise the rear a bit.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Terry- Can you post the aliment print out please?? I would like to know how much off were you when the first initially drop you car without any aligment. I am trying to figure out if a small drop would effect the aligment drasticly. thanks

Old 02-07-2007, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by koyoki
Terry- Can you post the aliment print out please?? I would like to know how much off were you when the first initially drop you car without any aligment. I am trying to figure out if a small drop would effect the aligment drasticly. thanks
I actually do not have the numbers, but I recall him mentioning it was out of spec 0.9 to 1 degree negative on back.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is odd how the rear is lowered more than the fronts.

I agree with the idea that the front should be lowered a tiny bit to even out the fender gaps.

When I was reading the initial post I was like "Whut? only 31 and 33mm??" but looking at the before and after, holy!, what a dramatic difference.

Me likey.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
damn that's a big nice difference

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at Eibach .