Taking lowering springs off...change how car sits?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking lowering springs off...change how car sits?

Does anybody know if the car will sit differently after taking lowering springs off? I've only had one other lowered car(still have it and never took the springs off). I'm tossing around the idea of putting the car back up on stock springs, and just wondering if the shocks/bushings/etc might have been altered at all to change how the car sits with stock springs again. Lower...higher...no change? Will ride be any different than when original springs were on? Anybody know?

Old 11-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whhaaattt???? What happened man? Didn't like the ride? Too low?

To answer your question though, nothing should change you just have to do the alignment again, you were only lowered for a few weeks so no blown shocks, worn bushings etc.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not taking them off anytime soon, just trying to figure out what I'm going to do. I have had them on for about 2K, and I'm already seeing the inside tire wear. I doubt I will make 10K. So I'm going to burn through these tires, but just trying to figure out what I'm going to do then. Rumors of camber arms are always there, but still no word. Problem is I love the look of the car dropped, and the ride is superb. A tad lower than I wanted, but I'm getting used to it. Not sure I could got back to stock.

So I guess to change my original question to be correct, would anything change after lowering springs being on for 10-12K?

Old 11-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
I'm not taking them off anytime soon, just trying to figure out what I'm going to do. I have had them on for about 2K, and I'm already seeing the inside tire wear. I doubt I will make 10K. So I'm going to burn through these tires, but just trying to figure out what I'm going to do then. Rumors of camber arms are always there, but still no word. Problem is I love the look of the car dropped, and the ride is superb. A tad lower than I wanted, but I'm getting used to it. Not sure I could got back to stock.

So I guess to change my original question to be correct, would anything change after lowering springs being on for 10-12K?
I dont see why anything would change, when all you changed was the springs themselves. Suspension parts are pretty stout for the most part. I say you just wait it out, and get an alignment. Are your current front tires rotatable?

Old 11-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Man, I just ordered my Intakes from Stillen, and Talking to my sales guy, I asked him why no front Camber Arms yet? And he said they are currently working on the new Front Camber Arms as we speak! So if you can hold out a WHile Longer, Hoefully Stillen's Camber Arms will be out soon, or by the Beggining of 2008! keep your *Fingers Crossed!*

Old 11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
get some eibach rear camber kits, n keep gettin generic tires for the front till they make a front camber kit, some none directionals so you can flip them inside out, lol.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nah. I had coilovers on my G20t for about 5 yrs and 60K miles and when I put it back to stock, it was absolutely fine. I had aftermkt springs/shocks on my TSX for 20K miles and it was fine too after I put it back to stock just before I traded it in for my G35.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is the reason why i haven't installed my H&R's, i didn't want to deal with too much tire wear, i had my previous cars lowered but tires were a lot cheaper for them so i didnt really care that much