Aftermarket Shocks/Sturts for 07+ Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 04:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Shocks/Sturts for 07+ Sedan

OK it's been a while so I thought I'd ask again. Does anyone make shocks/sturts for 07+ G35 sedans. I can't find them anywhere. I love the drop I get with my Eibachs but know that the stuck shocks will were out sooner or later.

P.S. Coilovers would be overkill for me.

Thanks.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We dont have shocks yet, only a few coilovers and springs.

We have i strut bar and like 5 under braces all by GT-spec

GT-Spec Strut Bar

Here's mine:

Old 02-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Thanks Robby... I'm sure he needed to see more pics of your engine bay.

The guy asks a good question here. For those who have dropped thier G without the use of coilovers, they are looking at eventually needing to replace the shocks and struts due to premature wear. Some have had leaking shocks in less than a year's time.
It would be nice to know what options we have, when the time comes to replace them.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Thanks Robby... I'm sure he needed to see more pics of your engine bay.
damn dude, that's exactly what I was thinking. joker!

Sweet engine bay by the way!

Old 02-17-2009, 03:03 PM
hahaha I justed to show what it looked liked lol

Old 02-17-2009, 04:35 PM
I just got off the phone with Matt Giles at Penske Racing Shocks...I'm not sure if you guys know, but they provide all the shocks for indy car racing, nascar racing, and some of the F1 applications.

After speaking with Matt for a while, I think I'm selling the Impul springs or cancelling my order, and going with the penske setup for the front and have them design something different for the rear...he told me the problem with the rear on our cars is that the spring sits on a little cup in the rear...he told me this isn't a good idea for coilovers in the back because if this little piece were to break...then it could spell disaster...

for the rear part, matt told me there are people out there who make ride-height adjustable perch bars to fix this rear problem...also the main reason penske hasn't come out with an application for our car is because they just don't see the demand...most people with 350z's and g35's are happy with companies like tein and jic...he told me that tein and jic are very good companies at what they do, and that is mass produce...there is always a small amount of quality that gets lost when mass producing any product...he told me its amazing how well they do what they do...but this is not what penske does, they build racing applications for the pinnacle of the automotive world...

so my next step is to inquire angelo in new york, because he does make body caps for our cars...he will design a body cap/clevis that will work on our cars...angelo will probably use linear-rate eibach springs as well...

edit: matt told me the pricing wouldn't be so bad either...~500 for each shock, and around ~80 for each spring...after the body cap and ride-height adjustable perch bar...we're looking at around 2400 for the baddest shocks you can buy

Last edited by ugaexploder; 02-17-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Robby
hahaha I justed to show what it looked liked lol
classic!

Old 02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
also, i think the terminology is a bit confusing for some...including me...just to clear some of the terminology up...

1. Coilovers

These are a combination component. They contain springs, struts (integrated) and have the ability to adjust ride height and often times the rebound and dampening characteristics of the shocks. When you are looking for the ultimate in ride height adjustability and true all out performance for the street and the track, this is what you buy. When you buy coil overs, you do not need to buy springs or struts, you have it all!

2. Springs. Lowering Springs. Lowering Kit.

These terms are most often associated with the springs only and are used for lowering (to a fixed height as they are not adjustable). If all you want to do is lower your car and gain some basic cornering performance this is all you need.

3. Struts/Shocks

These two terms are basically interchangeable. The struts are the part of the suspension assembly that you see is fitted INSIDE the springs. You would typically purchase new struts when your are leaking oil or just worn out. You would also typically purchase new struts when you buy lowering springs (unless your car is quite new).

so when people who have coilovers say they want new tokiko shocks...i don't understand why they bought the coilovers then...wouldn't it have been a better idea to just buy springs to go on the new shocks? because from the definition above, coilovers include shocks/struts...or when people say we don't have shocks out for the car yet...which is untrue, because if JIC magic has their coilovers out, you are buying their shocks and springs

Last edited by ugaexploder; 02-18-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
after speaking with matt for a while, i think i'm selling the impul springs or cancelling my order
Dibbs!!!!! :d

Old 02-17-2009, 07:35 PM
haha i knew you would call dibbs on them

Old 02-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Dibbs!!!!! :d
I knew you would say that.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Lol

Old 02-17-2009, 11:40 PM
the guy angelo is a part of Anze Engineering at www.anze.biz...from what i see, they do custom apps at a fair price...they even make custom adapters...are you listening X drivers?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you got my attention

Old 02-18-2009, 02:56 AM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by coldcut
OK it's been a while so I thought I'd ask again. Does anyone make shocks/sturts for 07+ G35 sedans. I can't find them anywhere. I love the drop I get with my Eibachs but know that the stuck shocks will were out sooner or later.

P.S. Coilovers would be overkill for me.

Thanks.
Bilstein offers a set of factory replacement shocks for the V36 chassis, but unfortunately they are only available through Tommykaira in Japan right now and that means over $2K on japanparts. Hopefully another vendor will start offering these in the U.S., so we can all get them at a reasonable price!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Shocks/Sturts for 07+ Sedan