Questions about Eibach drop......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2009 | 05:51 PM
|
Questions about Eibach drop......

Greetings guys,,, I am all stock,, ( but not for long) i really like my 15mm ichiba wheel spacers, and thought they would help me cope with the ungainly X wheel house gap, however, i need to lower the car,, So, I want Eibach springs,, questions are,, with my stock wheels, and tires, can i still use my wheel spacers after an eibach drop?? and what part # spring kit do i want?? also, Eibach doesn't really state how MUCH drop your gonna get, I only want an inch or so... my tire wear, for the roads i drive, and how i drive is fantastic! so i hope it will be after.... Also will i need camber kit for rear?? and does 1 camber kit do the whole rear?? also which brand is best for this??? I know its alot of ?'s but the more now the less later,, ( I hope) I am def. in the BUY mode now,,, so any answers to these questions will help me, do this right the first time!!!! Thankx to all who respond!!! regards.....

Old 06-29-2009 | 06:21 PM
I think Eibach is a really nice drop--definitely noticeable but not extreme, like 1.4"/1.3" F/R or something similar to that. Your 15mm spacers will work fine. Depending on your tolerance for wear, you should definitely get the rear camber kit (sold as a pair) and really consider the fronts, especially if you plan to keep your car long term. SPC makes really good kits and a few others are just rebadged SPC kits.

Old 06-29-2009 | 06:43 PM
|
Yes!! TY Mish,, i do plan on keeping car quite awhile,, Is the part # the same for the RWD cars, as the AWD cars? after much reading mainly on this Fabulous site, I knew i'd need a rear kit for camber, but i didn't think i would need anything for the front.....

Old 06-29-2009 | 06:48 PM
****defected****
Premier Member
go with eibach sportline for 350z

Old 06-29-2009 | 08:55 PM
|
So, suicidesammy, these would work on my X?? and how much of a drop would these springs be??

Old 06-29-2009 | 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by suicidesam
go with eibach sportline for 350z
where'd you get that from?

i'm dropped on eibachs (click on 'my garage' for pics), mishmosh pretty much said it all, and for your info, eibach rear camber is really SPC, so get them wherever they're cheaper.

I personally like the ride and even more the look, although it can get bumpy if you have really bad roads. Also, on an X, be prepared for exactly 4" clearance under your front mid-frame. It dropped well over an inch as well.

if you want just an inch or so, and want to keep the full comfort, go with impul springs, more expensive, or do what intgr8r did, do front 370Z spring with stock rear with perch cut.

Old 06-29-2009 | 11:25 PM
I'm an X and dropped on the regular sedan Eibach Prokit...I highly recommend these based how even mine came out....I am also installing the rear camber kit soon and wonder if I need the front too?....it's not a huge drop I think about 1.5 f 1.5 r after they settled...I also have pics in my garage if that helps

The only other springs that give the X's an even drop are the H&R's but def more agressive

Old 06-30-2009 | 06:27 PM
|
Thanks guys!!! Yes johnnyz, i have seen your car before VN! but not sure what u mean about the 370z springs, on the rear " perch cut" don't have a clue on that one... and yes drew, i will be checking out your garage,, hmmm i really only want 1inch or so,, and thats all i thought eibachs would go,,, I thought Impuls were only like 20mm's or so....

Old 07-01-2009 | 04:11 PM
i think the idea that integr8 brought up in another thread using 370Z springs on the front for a mild drop with the stock OE rear springs but cutting the rear spring mount down a little to even the drop out in the back....search for the 370Z spring experiment

i was originally worried the Eibach Prokit would drop my car to much bc i have an X but it turned out perfect...ill remeasure the drop because it may be less than 1.5f 1.5 rear thats just my guess ...also i live in Pittsburgh and we have the worst roads ever

the Impuls are expensive but i have heard these are excellent springs for the X

after the drop my car cornered so much better with so much less body roll than stock

Old 07-01-2009 | 09:01 PM
|
Yes i read that whole thread last nite... now i still don't know what to do... all i want is an INCH!! because of the winters here also... plus,, i still am gonna want to Auto X the car and ice race it, and track the car at B.I. R. so it CAN NOT RUB anywhere!! so i hope this is very possiable...

Old 07-01-2009 | 10:28 PM
Drew: rear camber kit is plenty, barely even needed, front is a waste of $$ IMO

Triton: depends what you want and how much $$ you want to spend. Impuls are the easy replacement, easy to order, only 1" drop, most expensive, no cutting mounts or having to look for 370Z springs on the forums.

370Z front, stock rears, again.... finding them for a decent price or overpaying for them at the dealer, not my flavour.

eibachs...IMO, best solution, good price, performs well, happy with my setup.

Old 07-06-2009 | 01:58 PM
thanks Johnnyzee i have been keeping a close eye on my treads on the inside and out of the tire to see if my camber is messing them up...so far after 5,000 Mi i cant notice any difference from inside of tire to outside of tire tread...i will probably just get the rear camber kit for piece of mind even if i dont need it haha.

i also agree with Jonny zee that Eibachs are the best overall unless you want that super agressive drop then the H&R's will do the job right

Old 08-11-2009 | 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Triton3.5
Greetings guys,,, I am all stock,, ( but not for long) i really like my 15mm ichiba wheel spacers, and thought they would help me cope with the ungainly X wheel house gap, however, i need to lower the car,, So, I want Eibach springs,, questions are,, with my stock wheels, and tires, can i still use my wheel spacers after an eibach drop?? and what part # spring kit do i want?? also, Eibach doesn't really state how MUCH drop your gonna get, I only want an inch or so... my tire wear, for the roads i drive, and how i drive is fantastic! so i hope it will be after.... Also will i need camber kit for rear?? and does 1 camber kit do the whole rear?? also which brand is best for this??? I know its alot of ?'s but the more now the less later,, ( I hope) I am def. in the BUY mode now,,, so any answers to these questions will help me, do this right the first time!!!! Thankx to all who respond!!! regards.....
Do you have pics of your car with the spacers? Did it help at all with the AWD stance? Ive been looking at spacers but dont know.

ive been strongly considering buying the eibachs but cant give up my ride comfort. my previous two cars were dropped via springs and after awhile, the ride was too stiff and rough. i cant do that anymore. I like comfort. wow, im starting to get old....

Old 08-12-2009 | 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by bat6wc
Do you have pics of your car with the spacers? Did it help at all with the AWD stance? Ive been looking at spacers but dont know.

ive been strongly considering buying the eibachs but cant give up my ride comfort. my previous two cars were dropped via springs and after awhile, the ride was too stiff and rough. i cant do that anymore. I like comfort. wow, im starting to get old....
I have the eibach springs with some 15mm hubcentric spacers on my X...however they ended up measuring up to more like 18mm....i have them on my rears now but i also tried them on the fronts to see how it looked.....i will probably buy another set now i didnt want to order all 4 if they were not the right size....i think if you are not sure in order to be on the safe side you can go with a 10mm spacer....if you are not going to drop your car you can even go to a 20mm or 25mm and it would look good

Old 08-12-2009 | 04:04 PM
thanks, i just want to see if spacers make that big of a difference on a non-lowered X.

I want to lower the G but I just cant go down the SPRINGS road again. I need coilovers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Questions about Eibach drop......