G37 Coupe Eibach Springs on Sedan? Anyone? F 1.2 R 0.8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4drsleeper
That's exactly why I didn't buy those springs. The front has more wheel gap than the rear, so why would they make the rear drop more? In my opinion they should drop F1.3 R1.0...even that would have been too much drop for my taste, but I'm also 38 years old for what it's worth.
I totally agree with you on that one. Thats why I still remain hesitant until someone else gets the same result as 2Gornot2G.

It should be reversed. Your right.

Something to look into as well are the Tein springs. But the drop seems similar to Eibachs... at least on paper. I dont know of anyone yet that has it installed.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Check out what 2GoRnot2G said:

Yeah, something is definitely off with Tanabe's numbers for the NF210 sedan fitment. They list the same springs for the G37 coupe, yet they only drop it 1.0" (F) & 0.7" (R). There can't be 0.6" difference between the rear drop on the two cars using the same springs. When I talked to Eibach about using their G37 coupe springs on my sedan, they said they had already done it on a few other cars and it would drop the sedan apx 1.2" (F) & 1.0" (R), which is only 0.2" more in the rear than the rated drop for the same springs on the G37 coupe. This means the NF210's should actually be closer to a 1.0" (F) & 0.9" (R), which is almost exactly what I ended up with. I actually saw just under 1.0" drop at all four corners... close to .95" up front and just under that in the rear.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember 2GoRnot2G saying that he saw about .9" drop all the way around if I'm not mistaken. Now, in my opinion, that's a great drop on this car. Not too low but it won't leave you with much wheel gap at all...if any.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Old 08-19-2009, 09:29 PM
I did see that. Thanks =)

How are you enjoying your 370z mod btw? any new thoughts about it?

Old 08-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
You guys have to remember that 2GoRNot2G has an S and not an X.
The sagging a$$ seems to be plaguing the X and not the other RWD models.

Wes, does the wife wanna tote home two sets of springs instead of one?

Old 08-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
You guys have to remember that 2GoRNot2G has an S and not an X.
The sagging a$$ seems to be plaguing the X and not the other RWD models.

Wes, does the wife wanna tote home two sets of springs instead of one?
good point Scott.

hahaha I hear you. I do. btw, whats up with you!? you've been pretty quiet lately. Ordered any new parts for your G yet?

I have ordered RacingBrake slotted rotors with their ET series brake pads. Im just waiting on the brake pads to be manufactured, then they'll ship it out to me. Unless I change my mind and just go with hawk pads.

I have also ordered 20's

Old 08-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Work has had me pretty tied up lately. About 6 weeks ago, my boss pulled me aside and said that I was starting to show signs of wear and that it would be a good idea to take a little time off. I never did.
Today, he pulled me into a room again and told me that it's no longer a suggestion, it's an order. I take work pretty seriously and can't get it through my head that it will always be there and that it's okay to take a little time away here and there.

Springs are on the horizon. I have the cash and every time I go to order, I check here first and see some new possibility that stalls me for another few days. I have to just do it. Maybe when they come in, I'll take a few days off for the install.

I don't know... My head's going in a few directions at once and it's hard to focus on any one thing right now. Springs are coming soon though.
Brakes too... my new OEM rotors are now warped AGAIN!!! with a lousy 10K on them. I'm sick of the dealership routine and I'm thinking about something new... may end up with a setup similar to yours. We'll see.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:07 PM
your message alone sounds really stressed :S Not your usual self. Definately go take a break. hey, if your boss is ordering you to take a break, you take a break. no questions asked. lol

Yes, thats exactly why I ordered my rotors already. The last thing I want is have my brake setup fail and be forced to get OEM parts again cuz I dont have anything ready to put on.

Springs are in my horizon too. lol As you can probably tell.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Work has had me pretty tied up lately. About 6 weeks ago, my boss pulled me aside and said that I was starting to show signs of wear and that it would be a good idea to take a little time off. I never did.
Today, he pulled me into a room again and told me that it's no longer a suggestion, it's an order. I take work pretty seriously and can't get it through my head that it will always be there and that it's okay to take a little time away here and there.

Springs are on the horizon. I have the cash and every time I go to order, I check here first and see some new possibility that stalls me for another few days. I have to just do it. Maybe when they come in, I'll take a few days off for the install.

I don't know... My head's going in a few directions at once and it's hard to focus on any one thing right now. Springs are coming soon though.
Brakes too... my new OEM rotors are now warped AGAIN!!! with a lousy 10K on them. I'm sick of the dealership routine and I'm thinking about something new... may end up with a setup similar to yours. We'll see.
Scott, you do sound pretty stressed judging by that message. I would suggest a few more good mods and a few days with your feet up by a beach somewhere. That should fix you up good as new!

Old 08-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Wes_888
I did see that. Thanks =)

How are you enjoying your 370z mod btw? any new thoughts about it?
I'm loving my 370Z drop, just right in my opinion. It's been dropped for 5 weeks now and the wife hasn't even noticed, but the day I got it dropped my neighbor asked if it was dropped. He said "that's the height it should have come from the factory, now it looks like a sport sedan".

If I could have gotten a straight answer on the NF-210's I would probably have gone that route, but it's still to early to tell what the true verdict on those.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:16 PM
How would you describe how the mild drop has improved your handling? especially the body roll.

Thats one of the main things that I want to improve on my car. The body roll. Since X's dont have sways available, this is the next best thing we have to improve that.

I want the clearance that a mild drop will give me (Tanabe or IMPUL).. but at the same time, I want to improve my body roll so much that... I might be willing to give up clearance for improved cornering (say I go with eibachs).

A drop looks good.. no doubt. But I care more for the handling improvements than the look. The look is a secondary benefit to me.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:30 PM
I have to say, as much as I love the Impuls, I'm now looking for a tad bit more than the drop it offers. Yes, it improves the look and it now looks like the Sport height, but you have to admit... the Eibach drop is just damn sexy.
My only worry is winter snow clearance and since others in MA, CT, MN, IL, etc are doing it... so can I.

Eibachs it is and if/when other options become available to us, who knows what I'll swap out to then.
Ian said it and he's right... I need to just do it, all this waiting is getting me nowhere.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:45 PM
I need to just do it, all this waiting is getting me nowhere.
Agreed.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:46 PM
I need to just do it, all this waiting is getting me nowhere.
Originally Posted by 4drsleeper
Agreed.
F it! I just ordered the Eibachs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: G37 Coupe Eibach Springs on Sedan? Anyone? F 1.2 R 0.8