BC Racing vs KW Coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BC Racing vs KW Coilovers

Anyone running these on their 07+ sedans? What are you thoughts?

I'm leaning toward the KW v2.

My first choice was JIC VIP but apperently they're not out for our cars yet and i can't get an answer from them as to when they will be available.

P.S. My stock shocks/sturts are suffering with my eibach springs. There are no aftermarket shocks/sturts available for our cars so that's why I'm going for coilovers.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:43 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Why aren't you considering the JIC FLT-TAR line? If you're considering the KW V3 (I don't believe V2 is an option, or at least I haven't seen anyone with them yet), you should consider the FLT-TAR also.

With BC, you're limited to the BR series.
The spring rate is 12/8, with similar features to the JIC.
Construction, as far as features, seems about the same.
Independent height adjustment
More dampening range (30 vs 15 for JIC, 14 for KW).
Spring appears to be linear.
BC used to have a problem with rattling, but I haven't read of any complaints about them for a while. If they solved that, then the BC is a good option considering the price/features.

I could not find the KW spring rates on their website. Keep in mind that they appear to be progressive in construction (I've seen pictures of both progressive and linear springs, so I don't know which is exactly available for our cars) versus linear (BC and JIC). I prefer linear to progressive personally.
The KW does offer compression adjustment, which the BC and JIC do not.
KW does not offer independent height adjustment, hence the use of helper springs (I personally dislike).
KW will be the most expensive.
Unknown if re-buildable in the states or not (JIC is done in Cali, BC unknown).

Old 11-05-2009, 02:34 AM
E-Ticket Ride

Thanks for the response. I never really considered the JIC FLT-TAR because I heard somewhere that the JIC VIPs were more daily driver friendly (more confort). I'll look into the JIC FLT-TAR.

Thanks

Old 11-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
+1 for the -TARs, I love mine.

I think you'll find that the TAR for 2nd gen cars a little softer spring rates than 1st gen.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey guys I heard back from JIC. They said that the VIPs aren't out just yet but they can make me a pair + install + alignment all for a really good price. I think I may have to go for that. What do you all think?

Old 11-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Why not the Tein SS-P's? This is likely what I am going to go with. They run a 9kg/8kg spring rate which should have a pretty good ride. In terms of price they will fall between the KW/JIC and BC ($1500-1600). They have 16 levels of damening adjustments, and are EDFC compatible.

There are also K-Sport coilovers that are 9kg/7kg with 32 levels of dampening, that are about the same price as the BC (under $1000).

Tanabe has their Pro S-OC coilovers that are around 10kg/9kg. They do not have dampening adjustment, and you have to re-use the factory top mounts, but all feedback has been pretty good on them. These are also about the same price as the BC/K-Sports of the world....

From what I can tell, all of the above are linear springs. All but the Tanabe's have independant height adjustment (without helper springs).

Old 11-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by coldcut
Hey guys I heard back from JIC. They said that the VIPs aren't out just yet but they can make me a pair + install + alignment all for a really good price. I think I may have to go for that. What do you all think?
JIC is good stuff, and the VIP's sound like they should be good for the non-track people.... It really depends on what a good price is. It they will do the install (which is super easy) and alignment, I think anything under $2400 is pretty good for those.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:11 AM
thanks for the replys guys.
Any one else have any comments/experiences with BC Coilovers?