View Poll Results: If available, will you purchase BC Coilovers for 2nd Gen X cars?
Yes
55.36%
No
3.57%
Maybe, if the price is right....
41.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

BC Racing Coilvers for 07+ G35X/G37X owners...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2009 | 04:55 PM
|
we need more potential customers/votes

Old 12-19-2009 | 06:41 PM
Hey blue ask them if they would like something like a group buy started and tell us how many people they would like to sign up to get this thing going

Old 12-19-2009 | 07:34 PM
|
Originally Posted by sunny G-35 NYC
Hey blue ask them if they would like something like a group buy started and tell us how many people they would like to sign up to get this thing going
im on it....

Old 12-20-2009 | 11:09 AM
Here we go again. I hope we're not being teased this time!
It's hard to commit to a pre-production group buy before knowing the price though.

Old 12-20-2009 | 12:11 PM
|
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Here we go again. I hope we're not being teased this time!
It's hard to commit to a pre-production group buy before knowing the price though.
its not a group buy, i'm just trying to estimate the demand before they decide to make a leap from beta testing to full production.

Old 12-20-2009 | 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by BlueFlash
its not a group buy, I'm just trying to estimate the demand before they decide to make a leap from beta testing to full production.
I understand. I was merely commenting as a response to sunny g's suggestion of using a group buy to help. That is what the poll is for.
It's pretty clear theres quite a bit of interest. Many of us X owners have been interested for a couple years. There is another thread on AWD coil overs where I took a lot of pics of the X front suspension for someone to look at and see if the 03-06 C.O.s would work.
https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-bra...coilovers.html
G35X front suspension pics

Cheers

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 12-20-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: added link to my pictures
Old 12-20-2009 | 07:37 PM
|
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I understand. I was merely commenting as a response to sunny g's suggestion of using a group buy to help. That is what the poll is for.
It's pretty clear theres quite a bit of interest. Many of us X owners have been interested for a couple years. There is another thread on AWD coil overs where I took a lot of pics of the X front suspension for someone to look at and see if the 03-06 C.O.s would work.
https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-bra...coilovers.html
G35X front suspension pics

Cheers
what were the measurements?

how long was the entire shock?

Old 12-20-2009 | 08:29 PM
|
I wonder why BC refuses to order one front strut and go from there, it retails at $150.
small drop in the bucket

Old 12-20-2009 | 10:07 PM
guys its nothing to get worked up on. i was just suggesting that if they want to be shown interest then that would be a way to do it. but just by starting a online poll isnt really going to get us real far. i see that right now 15 said that they will buy it and 16 said if the price is right. no offense to anybody but its easier clicking i will buy than actually spending the 1K +price. now if we were given a price and a release date and an actual working coilover then i think it would be possible that we can get 5-10+ people to sign up and buy these.
guys all im trying to say is that they would need more proof that if they do make these that they would be able to sell them.

Old 12-20-2009 | 11:39 PM
I've been through this with pete before. Its always about interest and measurements.. This past january I was asked to take measurements of my shocks but I had no idea what to measure and from where I should start measuring. I even told him i would pay for a stock shock as it was relatively cheap if he was willing to give me a discount on the final product. Since then, I haven't heard a response.

Also a poll won't do much as it can be manipulated. If BC really wants to make it, they will. I'm still up for one if and when it ever comes out. BC will need to take the risk if they ever want to make coilovers for the 07+X.

Old 12-21-2009 | 12:39 AM
|
Originally Posted by Mrpeeng
I've been through this with pete before. Its always about interest and measurements.. This past january I was asked to take measurements of my shocks but I had no idea what to measure and from where I should start measuring. I even told him i would pay for a stock shock as it was relatively cheap if he was willing to give me a discount on the final product. Since then, I haven't heard a response.

Also a poll won't do much as it can be manipulated. If BC really wants to make it, they will. I'm still up for one if and when it ever comes out. BC will need to take the risk if they ever want to make coilovers for the 07+X.
According to a recent email, this is what they want:

I haven't been able to do it because of the snow storm.

Also Sunny G, the reason why I put up a poll is because Pete from BC asked me to. I've done in on a few sites and we have 55 people interested.

Still I wonder why Pete couldn't buy a shock himself and just do some measurments themselves (That is if they are really planning on bringing these to market).
In one of the emails he called the G37X a specialty vehicle or something like that-well i think that he is wrong. In the states where it snows 95% of G's on the lots are X's (it's not like it used to be for the 1st gen)

Attached Thumbnails BC Racing Coilvers for 07+ G35X/G37X owners...-img_1627.jpg   BC Racing Coilvers for 07+ G35X/G37X owners...-img_1628.jpg  
Old 12-21-2009 | 11:07 PM
|
wow, someone voted NO! haha, who dat be? i guess you love the magic carpet ride

Old 12-22-2009 | 12:34 AM
I'm surprised anyone is asking for measurements.
I went down this road with Pete 6 months ago and I gave him all the pictures and measurements he could ever need.
Once he saw the mount points were different from the 06- model designs, it moved to the next stage... needing a car brought on site for measuring, fitting, testing, etc.
We just never found anyone to go there with an X.
But he has measurements!

Old 12-22-2009 | 01:00 AM
hey blue whats the news on this. I dont know im going to wait 4 more months(spring) then im going the air suspension route.

Old 12-22-2009 | 02:58 AM
hey guys i was just looking a some GTR stuff and realized that our cars and the GTR have the same AWD system so shouldnt the front struts have a similar composition to our cars. if the assembly is the same shouldnt the coilovers from a GTR fit our cars

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BC Racing Coilvers for 07+ G35X/G37X owners...