No love for the V36 Sedan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
^ Or, for roughly the same price, you can get the BC's that come with the tophats and extenders. No spring compressors needed and the dampers are fully adjustable.
I have been reading in some of the threads that the BC Racing coilovers are not made that will (made in China) and ride quality on the street is not so good. Everything I have read about the Tanabe coilovers indicate that the compromise between street comfort and performance is about as good as it gets in this coilover price range.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
^
Although most would relate China = Crap, not everything is that way. Some factories and companies are better than others. BC has a proven track record not only for their own brand of components, but those that they also produce on behalf of other makers (Apexi, Megan, etc). Some of the best products in the market today are made and/or assembled in China. (Arguably, take most of Apple's products, for example).

Anyway, the Sustec Pro S-OC was designed for daily driving comfort and the occasional spirited driving. The BC BR is geared more for spirited/track driving where daily use comes secondary. I don't know what the spring rates are on either, but my educated guess is that the Sustec's rates are softer, thus providing a comfier ride.

Then again, "comfy" is relative. Any coilover will ride stiffer than an OEM set-up and for the most part stiffer than a typical lowering spring.

Nothing wrong with Tanabe's Sustec Pro S-OC, but i honestly don't see it as comparable to the BC Racing BR-Type CO's for the price. For one, the BC can be ordered with any spring rate you desire, can order an assist spring (for a comfier, progressive-rate feel) and again includes the top hat and rear extenders. Not to mention it's fully adjustable so you can make it ride soft or hard.

Would you mind posting a link to reviews of the BC's ride quality being not so good on the street?

Thanks.

p.s. A lot of people make the mistake of reading up on a lot of Honda/Acura sites that talk about the other BC coilover (Buddy Club) -- it's not the same BC we're referring to here which stands for Borr-Chuan.

Last edited by soundmike; 05-24-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Just reading the first two pages of this thread.

https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-bra...anabe-cos.html

Old 05-25-2010, 09:01 PM
It sounds to me like LightsOut is the only one who had any reservations about the BC's, even then its inconclusive and sounds like hearsay rather than first-hand experience. Nothing against LightsOut either, but his other reason BC's are junk is because they're made in China. Which brings me back to my points above.

The rattling mentioned was in the earlier production runs of the CO's, which BC addressed immediately. I believe it was on the 350z forum where i even read of a member who had their parts replaced by BC, for free, because of it.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:25 PM
I have an 2008 Infiniti G35S same as the guy in this thread and this is what he said after his BC racing coilover install:

And here's the bad part. I looks like BC didn't do a test fit for rear of the O7+ Sedans. I barely have a half finger gap in the rear and my height adjustment is at it's maxium (can't get anymore out of it).

Old 05-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Again, conjecture on the part of "didn't do a test fit". No offense to the person who posted that, but think about it -- if BC didn't do a test fit, how did they know the parts will fit the car to begin with? A couple of BC employees even posted their comments about the ideal spring rates for the 2nd gen because of weight differences.

Granted, there's something to the issue at hand about maximum height, then again, these are CO's so it could be by design. That's for BC to answer. But either way, i wouldn't necessarily put it as a quality control issue.

Back to my earlier note about another user here on the Driver who posted photos of his car at maximum height (with measurements), i compared it to the OEM ride height on my "S" and it's a 0.5" difference.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Pennywise1971
I have an 2008 Infiniti G35S same as the guy in this thread and this is what he said after his BC racing coilover install:
Btw, FWIW's, here's Tim's recent response to my question about that.

There are two different spring lengths for the rears, there is a 230mm spring and 210mm spring. We do our best to improve the kits based on customer feedback, in some cases its hard to please everyone, the ride height being one of them. If you get your kit and you do have a 210mm spring in the rear you can exchange them for the 230mm spring.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Greekboy115
I have to agree with the cost of some of these coilovers it is becoming hard to hold out. I will wait until I have my new wheels before I make my final choice as I already a set of Eibach springs.
Did you breakdown and buy some coilovers yet? Or are you holding out still for the Tokico's? I'm going out of town for the month of July, when I get back I will order the Tanabe C/O if there is no word on the Tokico's.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I am still holding off for now. I just bought my IGT Carbon Fiber trim and bumper respray/clear bra at the end of the month.. following that I need a new set of wheels. As you can see I have a little list before I need to decide, I am keeping my eyes out for both Tokico and Coils in the meantime.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:31 PM
It looks like Tokico released their HP series for the G37 Coupe.

http://www.hitachi-hap-la.com/tokico.../Infiniti.html

I send them an email to see what was going on with the Sedan. The reply I received was that they wanted to gauge the sales of the coupe first.. then if positive they would proceed with the V36 Sedan. He did tell me that the difference between the sedan and coupe would be slight.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Any update on when/if they will be releasing the sedan version for us?

Old 06-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by J2S2M
Any update on when/if they will be releasing the sedan version for us?
Take a second look at my post. They want to see how the sales of the G37 coupe go first, if positive they will release for the sedan.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Thumbs up No love for the v36 sedan

Hello all, I am new to this site...

I have a 2007 g35 sedan....I have been doing my research and trying to find a good set o shocks to go with the eibachs....

I went to tein website and realized that the 2008 g37 coupe and 2007-2008 g35 sedans have the same exact (ss-p coilove)r numbers,....meaning the suspension is identical....furthermore I reserched all the sites and discovered that the 08 g37 infact does share the same suspension as the 07-08 g35 sedan...

I have decided to order the tokico from G37 to try them out....I am certain that they will work...

PS...there are some 2007 g35 sedans in CARDOMAIN that claim to be using tokicos as well...go figure

Old 07-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Hey welcome to the forum!

I have noticed the same from a few different sites. It seems as some list the V36 sedan as the same part numbers as the coupe while others do not. The only difference might be to compensate for the difference in weight. I don't think I will be too far behind you in the purchase of the tokico struts. However I will say I am happy that someone else will take the plunge before I do.

Keep up posted with your results, I will be eagerly awaiting for your feedback.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by maxcali78
Hello all, I am new to this site...

I have a 2007 g35 sedan....I have been doing my research and trying to find a good set o shocks to go with the eibachs....

I went to tein website and realized that the 2008 g37 coupe and 2007-2008 g35 sedans have the same exact (ss-p coilove)r numbers,....meaning the suspension is identical....furthermore I reserched all the sites and discovered that the 08 g37 infact does share the same suspension as the 07-08 g35 sedan...

I have decided to order the tokico from G37 to try them out....I am certain that they will work...

PS...there are some 2007 g35 sedans in CARDOMAIN that claim to be using tokicos as well...go figure
How much do the Eibach springs lower the car? Do you have to purchase the camber kit when you do the Eibach/Tokico setup?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No love for the V36 Sedan?