No love for the V36 Sedan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I e-mailed Tokico the other day and they said the Tokico HP-Series struts for the 07-08 Infiniti G35 sedan should be out in 2 months. I have a set of Impul springs just waiting to be installed with some Tokico struts.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
UPDATE: Looks like the date for the testfit will be sometime in early December. I already provided David from Tokico the dates which I am available. Now, just waiting for him to respond and confirm a date for the installation.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Pennywise1971
I e-mailed Tokico the other day and they said the Tokico HP-Series struts for the 07-08 Infiniti G35 sedan should be out in 2 months. I have a set of Impul springs just waiting to be installed with some Tokico struts.
I hear you man I think my eibach springs have been sitting around for about a year now.

Originally Posted by J2S2M
UPDATE: Looks like the date for the testfit will be sometime in early December. I already provided David from Tokico the dates which I am available. Now, just waiting for him to respond and confirm a date for the installation.
Thanks for the update! I will be picking these babies up as soon as they come out and confirmed by Tokico.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Did you get a chance for the test fitment with tokico yet?

Old 12-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Mike,

I've been going back and forth with David from Tokico regarding this testfit. Unfortunately, they might be required to use a vehicle provided by factory nissan due to liability reasons. Tokico is undergoing some internal changes which might require them to not to use a customer's car for any R&D projects. Either way, he assured me that I would be getting the parts at cost if they decide not to use my vehicle.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Mike,

I've been going back and forth with David from Tokico regarding this testfit. Unfortunately, they might be required to use a vehicle provided by factory nissan due to liability reasons. Tokico is undergoing some internal changes which might require them to not to use a customer's car for any R&D projects. Either way, he assured me that I would be getting the parts at cost if they decide not to use my vehicle.
Did they give you any timeline when the struts will be ready?

Old 12-13-2010, 09:16 PM
The parts are actually ready because they are using the same ones from the G37 coupes. They just haven't confirmed the fitment on the sedans yet. According to Tokico, the test fitment should be finished within the next 2 weeks from the email that I got from them 12/8. I plan to follow up to confirm the status maybe sometime next week. I will keep you guys posted.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:04 PM
The parts are actually ready because they are using the same ones from the G37 coupes. They just haven't confirmed the fitment on the sedans yet. According to Tokico, the test fitment should be finished within the next 2 weeks from the email that I got from them 12/8. I plan to follow up to confirm the status maybe sometime next week. I will keep you guys posted.
Thanks, I plan on buying a set as soon as they become available.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Thanks for keeping us up to date Jason! I just bought myself some new wheels and I am hoping to both be dropped as well in the spring.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Updates?

Old 01-03-2011, 05:10 AM
I emailed him last week but my contact, David was on vacation and will be back 1/3. I will f/u with him this week and give you guys an update asap.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Here are the last coupe of emails that I got from them. Looks like I have to wait a bit longer :\

Jason,

I don't have a firm date for you, all I can say is I'm hoping for it to happen in the next 2 to 3 weeks. As I've mentioned, we're working on a new process and it's now being worked on by 2 departments, not just mine. If it was a year ago, I would have just had you in and out.

Sorry this is taking a while, please understand there's a lot of other projects going on. I'll be out of the office most of this week, let's touch base after that.

Thanks,
David

Hi Jason,

Happy New Year. I was out of the office for 2 weeks and still playing catch up. However, there has been a little progress made, but nothing is finalized. One option that has been suggested is for us to install the product on your car for testing, but for liability reasons, remove them after the testing and return you back to stock. If everything worked out perfect, we would provide you with a set for you to install at your own discretion. Like I said, this is just another option that's been thrown out there. It has not been finalized.

I'll be in touch.
David

Last edited by J2S2M; 01-10-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the update Jason. It seems as if the project is just about a standstill. I have to admit I have been thinking about just picking up a set of coils and selling eibachs if the price is right on a set. I am still trying to hold off and work on other mods until we hear back from David/Tokico.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:22 PM
No problem, Mike. It's unfortunate that it's taking them this long just to arrange the testfit when pretty much they are just releasing the same part which is already available for the coupes. I don't mind waiting though since I will be able to get them at cost. I think the Tanabe is a great option for quality coilovers at a bargain price. For me, I will just stick it out a bit longer to get my hands on the Tokicos. I am in no hurry anyway.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:50 AM
ANyone hear any updates form the guy who bought a set of g37 coupe shocks and installed them on the sedan... seems we might have the parts right under our noses but no one has confirmed it yet except him!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No love for the V36 Sedan?