BC Racing Goodness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking good 4p81. The new stance definitely makes the wheels flow better with the car. I have the same setup on my car and its amazing how much better the car responds. Couple quick questions:
Did you install the rear extenders to adjust the dampening thru the trunk? Did you go with the longer rear springs?

Old 06-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2007BlueSlate
Couple quick questions:
Did you install the rear extenders to adjust the dampening thru the trunk? Did you go with the longer rear springs?
The extenders never came with my order and supposedly it's on the way.
Yes, I did go with the longer springs (10k/230mm) no sagging in the rear as u can see.

Last edited by 4p81; 07-01-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Your stance is sick 4p81!!! What are the specs of your wheels? Also, what did you set the dampening to?

Old 06-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That looks fantastic. And the wheels..... I heart mesh.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where did you buy those?

Old 07-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Sick wheels, how much were they?

Old 07-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by 4p81
RaginCajun: Thanks. The ride is actually smooth...

Thank you sir from Texas Lol and no that is not the lowest it goes.
Thanks for the feedback. Photos look good! I didn't realize you were from around these here parts. Are you near Houston by chance? Come visit us at strictlygs.com sometime.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey 4p81 what are the specs for your rims

Old 07-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Hey Mike. Is the last pic in your first post a picture of the extensions for the rear damping adjusters? Do you happen to know if BC sells these separately? I'm trying out a new coilover set-up (different set up than my JIC's) and it looks very similar to the BC set-up you have. I'll be posting a thread on it soon.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Sure is! I believe they do sell it separately as i recall seeing it on some online stores when i was reading up on the coils. IIRC they're $30 for the pair.

I haven't installed mine, couldn't figure out where the hole should exit in the trunk from the strut tower. Looking forward to seeing your solution for it :-)

Old 07-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info!

The rear shock tower is actually accessible throught the passenger cabin, not the trunk. You'll need to remove the rear seat back cushions to get access to the upper shock mounting points. It's less than a five minute job to unsnap them... once the seat backs are removed you'll need to drill a hole in the top of the upper shock mount. It's though to get a feel for the center point where the adjusting tool will need to come through, so you may want to use a pin punch or awl from the underside while you have the rear shocks removed to make a small indentation mark so you'll know where to drill. Make sense? Feel free to PM if you'd like more detail.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Adrian, that's an awesome tip! Thank you! I'll look into that further. The car is a DD and i've got the back seats strapped down with the kiddo's child seats so i'll look into this next time i get a day off.

I just looked at the FSM and it seems simple enough, like you said. But if i run into anything, i'll certainly take you up on your PM offer

Old 07-07-2010, 04:56 PM
No problem, man. Let me know how everything goes.

Incidentally, are your coilovers installed yet? What settings are you running them in? I'm curious, since the Agility set-up that I just installed in VERY similar to the BC units. The tooking looks to be identical, but the spring rates are only 10kg / 8kg.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Yep, did it over the holiday weekend. Overall the install wasn't bad at all. I have the 12k/8k (230mm) set-up, but the 10k/8k is an option. In fact for the BC's that's what they originally offered. I wonder if Agility is OEM'd by BC?

I had them originally at 15 clicks F and R right off the bat. But i dropped the fronts further on Sunday and just realized yesterday that it also affected the damper settings. So yesterday morning, my ride to work was really harsh (it ended up being about 19 for the front on the hardness scale)**.

On the way home i brought the fronts down to 10 clicks from full-soft and the ride improved dramatically. The front dampers were finally absorbing, cushioning and controlling the bumps. The rears are still at 15, and feels a little too stiff so i may soften that up a little soon.

Overall, considering my dismay yesterday morning, i like how it rides now.

Do you have photos of yours? What made you switch over?

** The settings are a bit confusing at first since BC has them backwards from most everyone else. "0" clicks is full hard, "30" clicks is full soft.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Agility definitely isn't OEM'd by BC, but based on the tooling of most of the parts I'm betting that it probably comes out of the same factory in Taiwan. The owner of Agility is from there, so I know he has some good relationships with the suppliers there. There are slight design differences, though, like the Agilty dampers are 24 way adjustable, not 30.

I'm actually doing the test fitment on the sedans for Agility, so I may end up going back to the JIC's... all depends on what I decide I like better. The kit I'm working with came with 10 kg springs up front and the same 8 kg (230 mm tall) rear springs. I installed them over the holiday weekend, as well, and am currently running the fronts at 12 clicks from full soft and the rears at 10 clicks. I'm just waiting for the springs to fully settle in before I do the final height / damper adjustments.

I plan to start a full thread on here with pics soon. Look for something on here either tonight or tomorrow.

Incidentally, how do you mean that the damper settings are "backwards" for the BC units? Both my JIC's and my Agility coilovers are clockwise for firmer damping and counter-clock-wise for softer damping. Are you saying the the BC's are opposite of this? Or do you just mean that they come from the factory on the firmest setting and you have to back them off from there?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BC Racing Goodness