Lowered X droopy bum syndrome; swaybar related?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowered X droopy bum syndrome; swaybar related?

Ok, so after doing much research I decided to order a set of Impul springs for my 09x in order to drop it a bit and avoid any potential side effects in the form of a "droopy bum" effect seen with other springs on the X. This however ultimatelly ended up being a Fail as after installing the springs this weekend my rears are already sitting 1/2'' lower than the fronts. Slightly disappointing, but it got me thinking nonetheless - I wonder whether the drop could be related to the puny stock rear swaybar on the X, and whether people that actually achieved even drop were able to do so because of a previously upgraded swaybar. Since rear suspension is practically identical between RWD and AWD, and since some people get an even drop with a set of springs and others do not (I doubt that ALL spring manufacturers have QC problems), that leaves the rear sway bar as the only variable in this equation.
I have Tanabe swaybar on order (ETA September), so I should know shortly whether this is in fact the case or not, but in the meantime I figured I would get everyone's thoughts on the topic.

So - all X owners dropped on springs only, is your drop even and do you have an upgraded sway bar?

I'll go first - dropped on Impul, uneven drop, stock RSB.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:26 PM
when I had my impuls in 6 months ago I had no such thing.....very strange, i would email japanparts or whether you got the from

Old 08-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah, I got them from japanparts... Not to worried as I already have Energy Suspension spacers on order so that should even out the gap, but I would like to know *why* we keep on running into this crap (and always in the back).

Blue, is your RSB stock?

Old 08-17-2010, 12:34 AM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Dropped on eibach, stock sways, rear end seems slightly lower than the front.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have same thing with my G dropped on EIbachs! Rear seems lower, but half to realize, the fenders in the front have a larger opening, compared to back rear openings. Plays a part, may be like a optical illusion?? LOL. but when driving, rear sits even lower! i seen my car with a frnd driving. not sure why, but our cars squat a little in the rear under acceleration. or just driving normal, think it's part of the way the rear independent suspension works.??

Old 08-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by automatic
Yeah, I got them from japanparts... Not to worried as I already have Energy Suspension spacers on order so that should even out the gap, but I would like to know *why* we keep on running into this crap (and always in the back).

Blue, is your RSB stock?
stockRSB

Old 08-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by lefizzet
Dropped on eibach, stock sways, rear end seems slightly lower than the front.
Where in BC are you? im in Mahwah/Franklin Lakes and havent seen your ride around

Old 08-18-2010, 08:39 PM
^haha I'm in Franklin Lakes I'm right off FL road near oakland

Old 08-19-2010, 12:49 AM
Allright, I received energy suspension 3/8'' spacers but I think I will hold off on putting these in until I get the swaybar in to see if it makes any kind of difference. Will take some before and after pics and if it turns out that a stiffer RSB actually alters the way that the car sits in the back I will post acordingly.
Regarding squat under acceleration, I think it's normal for RWD cars (or Xs since they operate as RWD majority of the time) although the effect may be compounded by progressive rears and/or rears that are softer than the fronts as is the case here. I don't think there is really much that can be done about it other than going with stiffer springs in the back.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:52 AM
Btw, how are you liking R2C? I've had my eye on that intake for a while but wasn't sure if it would make any kind of a difference power-wise...

Old 08-19-2010, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by automatic
Btw, how are you liking R2C? I've had my eye on that intake for a while but wasn't sure if it would make any kind of a difference power-wise...
If I said I felt any "noticeable" power gain I'd be lying to you, but on the other hand the sound under hard acceleration is intoxicating, and imo is reason enough to get the intake. Craftsmanship, service, and support from R2C is also top notch. Hit up kyle@importpartspro.com he has BY FAR the best prices I've seen anywhere.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Will do, thanks for the reference

Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think the sway has any effect on the ride height. I changed the sway bar on my sedan awd to the g37s sway bar and it didn't change it both I was at stock height and dropped

Old 08-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Doesn't look like droopy bum to me (lefizzet pic)...unless you call stock height droopy bum also.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Depends on how you look at it I guess; 35's sit lower in the back than 37's do. 09+ stock 37x's have equal fender gap in the front and the rear (as the rear was apparently raised for all 09+ models).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowered X droopy bum syndrome; swaybar related?