new eibach springs for the g35x?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach 6399.140

Old 11-15-2010, 10:28 PM
I had my xS with the new Eibach's aligned today at my Infiniti dealer. I told tech to get as close to stock as he could. This is what he came up with:

I don't mind a little negative camber, and that is the only thing that he couldn't get within factory tolerance. If you want it perfect, you need to purchase the Eiback misalignment bolts.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Now we need some decent struts and we will be all set.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
hows the ride,i dont wana loose the comfort rid eof our cars.plus doe sit to a littl ebounce afte ru hit a bump like u see most cars dropped on springs

Old 12-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Ride is great- no bounce.

I've been very happy with the car since I put the Eibach springs on, but I didn't want to go super low. This is plenty low enough for me.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM
i'm a little bit skeptical of springs and reviewers saying no bounce, because after trying a handful of spring choices on my various cars (Impul on this one-and people also said that there is no bounce) they always end up bouncing, esp on the highway/dips. Also, if you have more than 1 passanger or load up your car with stuff, you will def start to feel the bounce, because the strut just can't handle that kind of compression.

Springs just do not ride like a well designed spring/strut combo, so do more research, or perhaps try to get a ride with someone.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Okay, I'll agree that the phrase "no bounce" is relative to what my experience with lowered and lifted vehicles.

So, I'll phrase it like this: "This car has the least amount of negative side effects of any vehicle I have driven that was altered from it's stock configuration." It also gained some positive side effects like decreased body roll.

The truth is, I think that the ride is better over minor road surface imperfections and not too hard over rough surfaces. My father has a 2003 G35 Coupe, and the ride is better down his rough country road in my lowered G35X than in his stock coupe.

I know that I bottomed the suspension in Houston a couple of weeks ago in a construction zone and it did not bounce or act like a buckboard after I bottomed. This drop is barely over and inch and really is about what the stock ride height is with the last generation coupes.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The rebound is starting to get to me...I can't wait till we can get some decent replacements for the stock struts.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankenstein
The rebound is starting to get to me...I can't wait till we can get some decent replacements for the stock struts.
So you are noticing "bounce"?

Old 12-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bsowhat1
So you are noticing "bounce"?
It's nothing like a '92 civic with blown shocks and cut springs bouncing over every little thing, but it's still starting to get to me. The rebound issue is only over really big bumps...normal road conditions are ok.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:25 PM
I had the same problem with my 2004 G35. Did a mild drop with Tein H-Techs. Ride was near stock except for excessive bounce on big dips. I ended up installing Tokico D-spec struts. Unfortunately, there are no strut options for the G35x except for coilovers.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
moooar pics

Anyone riding them, I'd love to see more pics if you have them... Does anyone know how the ground clearance compares to a stock coupe?
My set is collecting dust right now, but somehow theres a hesitant side of me thinking that i should maybe really look at something even more subtle (e.g. oem S). Too afraid of scraping on my driveway (my previous stock g37c just barely made it).

Old 01-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Got my pro-kit for Christmas, it's sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. I am trying to determine what camber kit I should buy, if any, before I do the install.

Previously when guys were dropping their AWD cars on the Eibachs for the RWD, they were saying you needed the rear camber kit but not the front. That kit supposedly dropped the rear by 1.3". Now with the springs made specifically for the AWD, the drop is only 1.1" according to Eibach. Does this still warrant the camber kit in the rear?

I read the recent thread on Driver and Myg37.com that the toe and camber bolt kit can be used since the drop is less than 2". Anyone try using the bolts rather than getting the more expensive kit with the camber arm and toe bolt? I understand the elongating the holes is the big negative with the bolt kit as you have to elongate four holes instead of two with the arm+bolt kit.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
I am interested in doing this but the factory max camber is -1.1 and this is -1.7 that is a decent amount of negative camber. I would love to give it a subtile drop but I like the way the car rides right now. Do the BC Coils have camber adjustment or do you still need a kit to stay near stock camber levels?

I added up the Eibach springs and alignment kits and its 680 bucks pre tax/shipping and I bet you could find the BC Coils for only a couple hundred more.

Are there other options to retain stock camber/toe with this drop other then Eibach?

Old 01-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Install coilovers and leave the camber a little negative. It will actually help the handling.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new eibach springs for the g35x?