Vossen cv1 ****** NIGHTMARE******

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please god dont tell me my car is gonna look like this? this is def not the look im trying to acheive....

i just want this look.... perfect VVVVVVVV

Old 10-25-2010, 10:10 PM
i want my car to look like that ....... flush and tight

Old 10-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
go with either 225/35 and 255/30 or 235/35 and 265/30. Wont mess with your awd and it will fit better.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Thumbs up

going over to the mechanic today and checking out the offset on the rear wheels to make sure.... also gonna take some pics of the install of the bc coilovers and kinetix camber kits to post if anyone is thinking about doing the same setup

Old 10-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Like they all said, you should be fine after a drop, btw i see you got some leds in the headlights, are those done by Igor? Would love to see some night pics of the headlights after you are done sorting out your wheel dilemma. G/L

Old 10-26-2010, 09:01 AM
ill take a ton of pics as soon as its all done and cleaned up. hopefully its sitting right and not looking like a ghetto mess. otherwise im gonna sell these vossens cv1's and get some venaci wheels. the lights look sick and yes igor did them. i got a matte black housing with gloss black bezels and led turn signals. didnt want them running all the time like an audi.

i just want my car to sit right and roll flush like this video.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Angry

ok so at the mechanic and yes the rear wheel is a 42+ offset so that rules out the wrong rear wheel. leading me to believe that this wheel dilemma is due to the wheel just not being right for my car. i really think vossen needs to do there homework on there wheels before selling them. i noticed that the new cv2 is now coming in a higher offset 45+ which the 3mm i dont see making a difference but now they have a photo gallery of the sedan with them. before all they had was the coupe with the cv1's so im thinkin anyone with a sedan and these wheels def got raped. cant wait till its lowered so i can show vossen the pics and get these wheels refunded and move onto a better set of wheels. here are some pics of the goodies going in and the car from more angles. also i noticed my rear wheel lug nuts are sticking out alot.... dont know if this is normal ?

Old 10-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Good luck with returning them, companies usually don't take returns on wheels being on a car and tires installed on them. Just lower the car and see how it sits.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:24 PM
ya thats the thing i called them when i originally test fitted without a tire, and i called them and spoke to like 3 people who couldnt give me a straight answer, then they told me to mount the tires and put it on and that would be it, then they told me that i had to lower after that. if it didnt work then they said they would make it right.... and when i called yesterday and said well its getting lowered and what are we gonna do if it still sticks way out? and they replied idk what to tell you.... we cant except them back..... i was like are you kidding me right now! so ill wait till the end of the day and see whats going on with the lowering there at it right now as we speak. i HIGHLY DOUBT

Old 10-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
All of your pics show your car on a lift. It will sit different once its lowered and on the ground. Those offsets are actually really conservative. Also, your on coils so he lower you go, the more your wheels will camber in.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:35 PM
ya im not trying to have a porsche rear end look! the car isnt meant to sit with wheels bent in. and yes we had it on the ground wasnt looking that great either. but again there putting the coilovers in now and camber and caster arms as well as the A arms in the front. so we will see how it comes together after with the alignment. i just find it hard to believe that a car has to be lowered to look right on these wheels. like im not talking about the 4x4 gaps in the fenders im talkin about the sticking out past the fender. otherwise i wouldnt be having a heart attack right now

Old 10-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
if you want the look/fitment of the above cars like youve posted and stated a million tiimes. BOTH THOSE CARS ARE LOWERED!! also those 2 fitments above which you posted would probably stick out further than yours if they weren't lowered!

you've made this thread and almost every member has said the same thing! YOUR FINE!! but it doesn't seem like your getting it! haha

to get the look of the cars above i personally think once your lowered your going to need some spacers, up front at the very least!

just relax it will turn out, but if you are really willing to take a loss of $700 on these w/o even hearing us out, by all means sell them.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:58 PM
screw it man your going loose the purpose of the sedan when ever you have people in the back it going to scrape and rub and all that bull **** even with a camber adjustment you will probably still need a fender roll trust me i have been through this its not worth it or just get the right wheels that fit

Old 10-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 35grams
screw it man your going loose the purpose of the sedan when ever you have people in the back it going to scrape and rub and all that bull **** even with a camber adjustment you will probably still need a fender roll trust me i have been through this its not worth it or just get the right wheels that fit
haha your kidding right? 2nd gen sedans have rolled fenders from the factory! the rear set up 10.5 +42 is probably the best set up for the 2nd gens, sits flush and its not hellaflush!

youll see!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by 35grams
Can anyone chime in on this post. I love the way kennys car sits. So im just being patient till the suspension is in today and well get all aligned and see where we are at. I would love for it not to rub. Hence I bought the coikovers and didn't just put springs. I should have unlimted adjustability.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vossen cv1 ****** NIGHTMARE******